• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals File Filming Charge Against Patriots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just listening now to Schefter on WEEI it seems the Pats acknowledged it and there is tape showing the guys were filming the Bengals sideline for a while, that is not what they were supposed to be doing. Pats shouldn't even be doing this BS at all. so if they were filming what they shouldn't have been which sounds like it what aholes and the Pats are wrong tapes won't be destroyed this time because the Bengals have a copy not just the league. Like someone said if you want to tape by a ticket across the field in the third or fourth row and tape it off your phone, you think teams haven't been doing that, yes it is wrong but how are they going to catch that. But this one is totally wrong. It seems the camera was fixated on the Bengals sideline. just fin stupidity once again from the Pats organization.

It's not the Patriots doing the filming. Jeezzuuss. It's an independent film production company filming a program. The Patriots' have nothing to do with the company, nor do they direct what the company is filming.

They were filming the Patriots' Advanced Scout doing what he does when he's doing advanced scouting.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming part of a scouts job is to also watch the coaches and see if they can pick anything up. Part of a videographers job is to get as much material as humanly possible and edit out the unnecessary stuff later. They were taping a scout who watches players and coaches. They got permission from the Browns which makes perfect sense if they're noting more than video/tv people.

I'm trying really hard here to not be a Pats homer but this appears to be a completely innocent situation where Pats management as well as coaching etc would have no idea about. They have a media department that manages itself.

I think it's another media nuclear assault on the Patriots but I'd like to thank them because..............

Now the Pats are gonna win the Super Bowl.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this true?

Wait to hear what the league has to say about it.

Considering that BB would be banned for life from the NFL if he was convicted of filming anyone, and his legacy would be totally destroyed, I can't believe that he would consider doing anything.

Why the hell would the Patriots film the Bengals?? They couldn't beat a Div. I College football team on their best day. If there was a team you'd tape it would be one at least as good as your own.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the Patriots doing the filming. Jeezzuuss. It's an independent film production company filming a program. The Patriots' have nothing to do with the company, nor do they direct what the company is filming.

They were filming the Patriots' Advanced Scout doing what he does when he's doing advanced scouting.

from NFL com and a spokesman from the Pats
On Monday evening, the Patriots released a statement confirming that the organization's video crew, independent of the football operation, filmed the field while in the press box at the Bengals-Browns game. New England took "full responsibility" for the actions of the production crew.

Was just reporting what was said by schefter today and how Pats acknowledged it and that it was there crew. that has nothing to do with football ops. supposedly they have there own production company for this stuff.

Just saying the Pats are getting in front of this quickly, with there statements and saying it was the organizations crew.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Innocent or not, the Patriots shouldn’t have any cameras... video recording devices... cell phones... nada... pointing towards any team. Whether it was our crew or a crew that’s independent and recording us. We don’t get the benefit of a doubt that it’s innocent. We blew that along time ago.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sure the Patriots didn't notify the Bengals so there would be controversy to motivate Brady out of his slump?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A film company hired by the Patriots? That was my understanding.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that BB would be banned for life from the NFL if he was convicted of filming anyone, and his legacy would be totally destroyed, I can't believe that he would consider doing anything.

Why the hell would the Patriots film the Bengals?? They couldn't beat a Div. I College football team on their best day. If there was a team you'd tape it would be one at least as good as your own.

So Brady should look good this week.

My concern is that if the Pats hired this crew and this crew filmed the Bengals the league could tie it in. The Pats are suspect and they did bring that on themselves.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are gonna smack the Bengals to the tune of 43 - 0 and BB will not shake Zak Taylors hand while simultaneously telling him to go fuck himself after the game.

Goodel is telling Kraft to win but don't cover. That means it will be 43 - 9

Comm1

The Kinda New Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 557.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brady should look good this week.

My concern is that if the Pats hired this crew and this crew filmed the Bengals the league could tie it in. The Pats are suspect and they did bring that on themselves.
My thoughts exactly. The Patriots know the tight rope they already have to walk. It was just plain ignorance and missed oversight to let this whole thing happen. Really a distraction

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. The Patriots know the tight rope they already have to walk. It was just plain ignorance and missed oversight to let this whole thing happen. Really a distraction

th

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on man. We are still a professional football team, and any given Sunday. Ask the Jets who had scored 100 points in 3 games prior to playing us and had the 8th ranked defense. I am not suggesting the Bengals beat the Patriots, it will not happen, but they have enough talent that on any given day if they play their best game, they can beat another professional football team.

I hope we lose to the Patriots, as we are tanking for the #1 pick, or at least I hope we are. Giants only have 2 losses, and Eli is back, so that may be all they win as well. We have to keep losing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally confused now. Originally the crew was an independent production company. Then I hear this morning that the guy behind the camera is a "Full Time Patriot Employee." The owners and the NFL are meeting in Dallas today and all of the owners have a copy of the copy of the digital tape. Whatever the fuck that is.

Then I heard two separate reports about the filming. One was that there is 12 minutes of sideline film total. Then I heard that there is 13 seconds of stopped footage of the sideline. No one other than the owners and the league have a copy of the footage and supposedly anyone who leaks it or gives it to anyone outside the league will lose all of their 2020 draft picks and so will any team that has traded for any of them.

The example given was if the Texans gave the tape to TMZ they would lose all of their 2020 draft picks AND the Dolphins would lose any draft picks that the Texans traded to them. Don't think this film will be seen by anyone before the owners make a decision on it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear about this the more pissed off I get. How dumb can the Patriots be to even remotely put themselves in a position like this? They know everyone is looking at them for trying to "cheat". Then the, "it wasn't us to we take full responsibility" somethings off here

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Coach B didn’t know about it, the guy they were taping sure the fuck knows the rules on filming other teams. He is part of the Patriots organization and he should have told them to not film. So, it still all falls on the Patriots shoulders. They fucked up again. On purpose or not, they as an organization fucked up.