• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears at SeaPeeps, Sept. 27

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one was hugely impressed with Turbin anyway.
I always thought he was a stud. He averaged 4 YP Carry and 10 YP Catch including a 34-yarder (YAC?) to go with 2 TD catches. It is axiomatic that RBs need carries and hitting to get fully amped in a game situation. The two games in which Robert got the most carries were the Cardinal Massacre where he went for 108 yds on 20 carries with a 5.4 ypc and his final game at the Rams: 11 carries 53 yards 4.8 ypc. He also had 11 rushes for 34 in the 34-7 NO win. Granted, all 3 games were pretty-one-sided, but I really liked him. Most importantly, he had only 2 career fumbles in 3 seasons and 231 attempts.

I was around in 1984 when the Hawks brought in Franco Harris. He had a few moments, but I do not recall him making a major contribution. If the Hawks run an offense similar to what Fred is used to, cool. But isn't Fred injury-prone?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let the Beast rest up. The GREATHawks got this! Jackson and Rawls can split carries. This is also a great opportunity to get Rawls some needed playing time.

Let's use this game to fine-tune the offense. I want to see Wilson airing it out more to Lockett & Graham! Take shots down the field, toss it up for Graham. You get the jist!

Lets get some 3 TE sets going with Graham, Willson, & Helfet! Mix it up a little Bevell! #GOHawks

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lynch is going to miss a game this is the one. I think our offense will struggle either way, but give rawls 15 carries to see what he has in real game action.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, if Lynch has to sit out a game, this is the one I would choose. Great chance to see how Jackson and Rawls handle the chance, but more then that, a chance to target Graham a lot and get him involved.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer that Lynch doesn't sit out... This is a "MUST WIN" game imo... A game that we can't afford to just rest Beastmode if he's able to go... I feel like we have to have this game, especially a game like this at home against a weaker opponent...

If we can get to a 17-0, 20-3 type of a lead at the half, then I'd feel better about resting him in the 2nd half but if he can go, he needs to start imo...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer that Lynch doesn't sit out... This is a "MUST WIN" game imo... A game that we can't afford to just rest Beastmode if he's able to go... I feel like we have to have this game, especially a game like this at home against a weaker opponent...

If we can get to a 17-0, 20-3 type of a lead at the half, then I'd feel better about resting him in the 2nd half but if he can go, he needs to start imo...
Oh we need this game, no ifs or buts about it, so no Lynch is a bummer. However putting out a limited Lynch like in the playoffs against the Falcons three years ago in the playoffs also sucks. I confident that the Seahawks can win without Lynch. Truth be told, it might be something we have to get use to, because he has been battling back problems for a while. A game against a team like the Bears is ideal, except for the fact that it's a must win game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the best case is Lynch sits, and Rawls goes for 100+ and the offense as a whole rolls. We get a little reassurance of what a post-Lynch team may look like, Lynch gets a little rest, and we get back on track with a win.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck you guys, hope ya get back on track this week~

Hawks will sure catch a lot of shit if you don't to be sure.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he needs to sit then they should sit him. He's definitely showing the years and we need to keep the carries down so he has something for the playoffs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this morning Lynch is a full go.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't start, perhaps Carrolls thinking is, if ever Lynch can sit out of a game, this is it. Although, after some of the results today in the NFL (Eagles beating Jets for example) nothing is a given.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL copy cat league.... It's funny we just used the same special teams play the Rams used against us last year... AND it worked.... lol

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck you guys, hope ya get back on track this week~

Hawks will sure catch a lot of shit if you don't to be sure.

Damn, looks like the Pats get 2 bye weeks this year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL copy cat league.... It's funny we just used the same special teams play the Rams used against us last year... AND it worked.... lol

Yeah, a college football team used it yesterday and it resulted in a TD...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win today, but there is a lot of things to clean up. Saw a lot of poor execution on offense today. One thing I've been noticing about RW, is his passes always seem to be on the high side, even the ones that are caught. We all saw receivers drop balls also, that can kill a drive. The pass blocking is obviously the biggest problem. You know you got problems when the Bears can pressure RW, because before this game they had zero sacks and looking bad at pressuring the QB. :hope: With more reps together hopefully they can jell. Oh one more thing, after seeing Graham trying to block today......there is no point in having him block, he sucks at blocking.

Good thing the Seahawks got another home game coming up against another team that hasn't looked real sharp so far in the Lions.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win today, but there is a lot of things to clean up. Saw a lot of poor execution on offense today. One thing I've been noticing about RW, is his passes always seem to be on the high side, even the ones that are caught. We all saw receivers drop balls also, that can kill a drive. The pass blocking is obviously the biggest problem. You know you got problems when the Bears can pressure RW, because before this game they had zero sacks and looking bad at pressuring the QB. :hope: With more reps together hopefully they can jell. Oh one more thing, after seeing Graham trying to block today......there is no point in having him block, he sucks at blocking.

Good thing the Seahawks got another home game coming up against another team that hasn't looked real sharp so far in the Lions.

Yeah ... O-line is a work in progress... I"m hoping we see some marked improvements as the season roll's on ...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hope these guys can get a chance to jell together and maybe by the half way point become an ok o-line.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope these guys can get a chance to jell together and maybe by the half way point become an ok o-line.
That's my hope also. Having the same 5 guys start game in game out should be a good thing. That's hasn't happened in the pass.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my hope also. Having the same 5 guys start game in game out should be a good thing. That's hasn't happened in the pass.

100% agree. Great o-lines don't come together over night, so yes they aren't the greatest but we need to give them a chance to build chemistry with each other.