• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears at SeaPeeps, Sept. 27

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the change of name, but it will have to do until they get their act together.

Anyway, home opener, and a chance to capitalize on what the Cards did to Chicago earlier.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears do not look good and just lost their best (not good) QB. This being the 1st home game I think we're going to stomp Chicago and Jimmy Clausen. Apart from Michael Bennett constantly jumping offsides and a few plays where the Oline wasn't in sync, I actually saw some good things yesterday. There were a few passing plays where Russell had a beautiful pocket to stand in and step into. Hopefully that is a sign of improvement going forward against lesser teams than GB and the ghost of what StL could be that we got to face.

Gonna be a fun day at the Clink Sunday. Time to get real healthy against Da Bears.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want to overlook anybody at this point. The Bears have been bad lately but worse teams have given Seattle all they can handle even at home in recent years.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle wins out until their bye.

Home vs. Bears and Detroit. I see 2 wins there. Cincy will be tough but Dalton sucks, anything can happen. We usually throttle Carolina and it's at home... Carolina hasn't beaten anyone amazing yet. SF will be tough because it's division, I could see a potential loss here. Dallas doesn't have Romo or Bryant and their run game hasn't been as impressive this year. I see us easily rolling that one.

6-2 by bye, calling it. If we lose to the Bears, this team is F'd anyway lol.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna look past the Bears, I never look past any NFL team ... But on Sunday Seattle is gonna be playing angry .... going 0-3 would be a tough situation to crawl out of ... I expect to see a hungry Seahawks team...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna look past the Bears, I never look past any NFL team ... But on Sunday Seattle is gonna be playing angry .... going 0-3 would be a tough situation to crawl out of ... I expect to see a hungry Seahawks team...

That's true and I'm sure the Bears players will be feeling the same way.

So is playing against Jimmy Klaussen better or worse for us than playing Cutler? I'm torn. Cutler usually gets chased from our games by half time and that's always fun but Klaussen is a back up so in theory that should give us a better chance to win.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So is playing against Jimmy Klaussen better or worse for us than playing Cutler? I'm torn. Cutler usually gets chased from our games by half time and that's always fun but Klaussen is a back up so in theory that should give us a better chance to win.
It's more then just the back up QB starting for the Bears. Their WRs are dinged up or on IR and the defense looks to be a work in progress...at best.

Did I mention this was a home game, on top of that?:D

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler has good moments, followed by scratch your head moments... I think there better with Cutler though, he's streaky, but he can get hot...

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Seahawks lose games, Kam Chancellor is losing fans

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak September;
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;—vainly I had sought to borrow
From my films surcease of sorrow—sorrow for the lost Chancellor—
For the swift and savage safety whom the pundits name Chancellor—
Nameless here for evermore.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the players won't look past the Bears, but I'm just a fan so it doesn't matter if I do. And I am. We will slaughter them. Backup QB, home opener, Kam back, frustration to be let out after the 0-2 start. It adds up to a mauling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the players won't look past the Bears, but I'm just a fan so it doesn't matter if I do. And I am. We will slaughter them. Backup QB, home opener, Kam back, frustration to be let out after the 0-2 start. It adds up to a mauling.

Perfect post.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, which is why I predict a score of like, 41-10.... 3 or 4 TO's, 4+ sacks from the defense imo...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, time to see if Jackson has any gas left in the tank. Why did the Hawks waive Turbin? I really do not understand that move.
Turbo had a high ankle strain and was expected to miss 5 or 6 weeks. Fred Jackson became available who while much older, is a more complete player and no one was hugely impressed with Turbin anyway.