• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS was bad? Wait for the "Committee"

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh... How about we just keep the BCS? It gave us the true #1 team most years. Less politics than what we had before and i'm afraid that this committee guys will just make things personal. I liked the BCS because it wasn't biased. It could be that BCS has been very good to LSU, but I think we really had the best way right here. I could see this creating drama and maybe even a split in CFB. I think this is the beginning of the end of the CFB I love. :sadface:

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh... How about we just keep the BCS? It gave us the true #1 team most years. Less politics than what we had before and i'm afraid that this committee guys will just make things personal. I liked the BCS because it wasn't biased. It could be that BCS has been very good to LSU, but I think we really had the best way right here. I could see this creating drama and maybe even a split in CFB. I think this is the beginning of the end of the CFB I love. :sadface:

:agree: :clap::clap::clap: :10:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference champs only IMO....regardless of ranking. You have no damn business claiming to be the best team in the nation when you can't be the best team in your conference. Make ND, BYU, etc join a conference if they have national title hopes. Simple and fair IMO. No biased human influences at all. If you want a chance at the title, then take care of business every week in your conference, win your conference, then get a shot at the other conferences.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 teams is better than 2. But is there really a point to include any teams outside of the SEC?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know somethin Brasky. I have been posting on sports message boards for 12 years. It took me less than a week to point you out as one of the biggest doushes I have ever encountered.

In those 12 years I have never read a dude trying to convince other dudes that he has a big package like you did on the face with a name thread... Never...

That is an extreme case of a self image issue or little man syndrome. I will let you figure it out

^ That's solid gold baby!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, its 22 months until we have to decide the 4 teams and a bunch of knowledgeable CFB fans cant agree on shit. Im saying this new system is 100% cluster fucked already...

BCS crowned 15 champs and you could argue only screwed up once not crowning the best...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have an 8 team playoff with the 6 BCS conference champs getting auto bids with 2 at-large non-bcs champs going with the highest ranking. Then seed the playoff participants based upon their rankings.

Human bias would be low....conference champs are rewarded with a chance to play for it all....it is fair for teams like Boise who are stuck in a situation that they have little to no control over....and we all get a few more games of football at the end of the year.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, its 22 months until we have to decide the 4 teams and a bunch of knowledgeable CFB fans cant agree on shit. Im saying this new system is 100% cluster fucked already...

BCS crowned 15 champs and you could argue only screwed up once not crowning the best...

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :10:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I retract all comments made negatively towards Brasky. Dude can dish it out better than I so we called a truce.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of you are ghey!

:happy:

iweezy_animated_50.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just aren't being realistic, but then, you are a Buckeye fan. :laugh3:

Anything over four will just take away from the game, IMO. You can't expect these "student athletes" to keep putting their bodies on the line, and their studies on the back burner, just to satisfy your idea of a playoff.

Yeah why should FBS student ahtletes with the best trainers, facilities, tutors and nutrition plans be expected to do what we ask FCS, D2 and D3 athletes to do??? Crazy talk.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah why should FBS student ahtletes with the best trainers, facilities, tutors and nutrition plans be expected to do what we ask FCS, D2 and D3 athletes to do??? Crazy talk.

Exactly. Expanding it to 8 would add 1 week for 2 teams. Making it a 16 game season at most with a good bit of the extra games during winter break. Not a valid argument on either account.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference champs only IMO....regardless of ranking. You have no damn business claiming to be the best team in the nation when you can't be the best team in your conference. Make ND, BYU, etc join a conference if they have national title hopes. Simple and fair IMO. No biased human influences at all. If you want a chance at the title, then take care of business every week in your conference, win your conference, then get a shot at the other conferences.

If they are doing a playoff, make room for at large bids with the conference champs. USC could lose 3 division games and then beat a currently undefeated Oregon team in the PAC 12 and then take their shot? I think in that case Oregon should get a chance. Same thing could happen in the SEC, ACC, B1G. I would hate to see a 3 loss Nebraska team get a shot over tOSU because of that.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well for the obvious...
1 You cant play these playoff games on home fields like D2 and D3...

2 Nobody goes to the D2 and D3 games. Whereas D1 you would have all corporate sponsors filling the seats of the games bcuz the avg CFB fan couldnt attend all 4 of their teams playoff games. In consecutive weeks you could be asked to travel to Dallas, Pasadena, Phoenix, and New Orleans.

3 In D2 and D3 nobody cares about the reg season. Whereas in D1 the regular season is the best in sports. Let 16 in and the reg season becomes watered down...

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for the obvious...
1 You cant play these playoff games on home fields like D2 and D3...

2 Nobody goes to the D2 and D3 games. Whereas D1 you would have all corporate sponsors filling the seats of the games bcuz the avg CFB fan couldnt attend all 4 of their teams playoff games. In consecutive weeks you could be asked to travel to Dallas, Pasadena, Phoenix, and New Orleans.

3 In D2 and D3 nobody cares about the reg season. Whereas in D1 the regular season is the best in sports. Let 16 in and the reg season becomes watered down...

Also, they only play 11 reg season games.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, they only play 11 reg season games.

11 game regular season would be MORE than OK in FCS. So we would miss out on the annual Florida-The Citadel, Ohio State-Akron or Oklahoma- North Texas matchups?? Big whoop. 11 games, 16 team playoff, who says you cant play the games at the home stadiums of the higher seeds until the semis??? That would help make the regular season more meaningful ( like you want) because having a better regular season gets you home playoff games. Only 4 teams would play any more games than they currently do and the TV rights to a playoff like that would be so monstrous I bet they would be OK with it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also who gives a shit if the games sellout??? The NCAA tournament in CBB routinely plays in front of half full arenas but they dont fucking care because the money is in the sposorship and the TV. You could play a LSU-Wisconsin 5 vs 12 mathcup and have the stadium half full and it would still be worth more money than any bowl game being played right now aside from the Rose Bowl or the BCS title game.