• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS was bad? Wait for the "Committee"

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the entire thing stinks... and I have argued this before... .we should have a 32 team playoff..

Dump the OOC cupcake games... my gators for example play 3-4 games each year that are a joke. Additionally, since we have a playoff we don't need the conference championship game either. That is 4-5 games I have freed up. Add the bowl game, and we are at 5-6 games available.

Play a losers bracket like baseball for all the teams who will whine they play less games because they lost.

5 games = 32 teams tourney.

Rotate the bowls so the old idiots get their money else they won't be able to sleep..

Now, everything is left on the field.

Hell, 6 games is 64 teams... then we have NO excuses. Use some home and away for the 1st 2 rounds, then rotate the bowls.

This would drive 10x the revenue overall as the current system. Trust me, when Boise St plays Western Idaho in a bowl game, I could care less today... if the winner of that game played Florida I would be glued to the TV.

Someone please try to argue against that? :)

I wont argue against it. But it certainly would water down the best regular season in all of sports IMO...

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the entire thing stinks... and I have argued this before... .we should have a 32 team playoff..

Dump the OOC cupcake games... my gators for example play 3-4 games each year that are a joke. Additionally, since we have a playoff we don't need the conference championship game either. That is 4-5 games I have freed up. Add the bowl game, and we are at 5-6 games available.

Play a losers bracket like baseball for all the teams who will whine they play less games because they lost.

5 games = 32 teams tourney.

Rotate the bowls so the old idiots get their money else they won't be able to sleep..

Now, everything is left on the field.

Hell, 6 games is 64 teams... then we have NO excuses. Use some home and away for the 1st 2 rounds, then rotate the bowls.

This would drive 10x the revenue overall as the current system. Trust me, when Boise St plays Western Idaho in a bowl game, I could care less today... if the winner of that game played Florida I would be glued to the TV.

Someone please try to argue against that? :)

Dude! Seriously? :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you woulda had an Indy in ND, Bama, and who???

K State? and Oregon or Stanford. Ya see that is why I have an issue with this. FLA reg season resume justifies them as an in over K State. SEC is far tougher than any other conference....

The one loss non conf champ vs two loss conf champ is the huge question I have...

:lol:.....no they are not

the big 12 was rated the number 1 conference 2 years in a row by the computers.....the top teams are tough just like every conference(sec)

and they go stretches without playing each other how long has uga dodged lsu,bama in the regular season

the sec is a good conference with strong teams at the top but they are not the end all be all by any means

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My playoff would've been Bama,UGA, ND, Stanford, and yes I think those would've been the 4 best options.

I give UGA the nod over UF because first of all, they beat UF h2h, and second, they won the division. UF shouldn't be rewarded for losing to UGA and not having to play in the SECCG.

And I give Stanford the nod over Oregon because, they won the division and conference title, and yes they dropped a game to Washington early, but nearly beat #1 Notre Dame, probably should have beat them if not for the refs, and then beat Oregon.

I agree with you that conference champion shouldn't be a requirement, but I wouldn't have a problem with division title being a requirement. Because if you don't have winning your division as a requirement, then it seems like teams like Florida and Alabama(in 2011) will get rewarded for not having to play an extra game. I think even thought UGA loses in the SECCG, that still shouldn't drop them below UF. I had a big beef with UF being in the Sugar bowl over UGA this past year.
but bama should right :dhd: :laugh3:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with most people on this threads prerequisites it woulda been Oregon as 4th team in 2011. Which I totally disagree with. Oregon was PAC champs and had 2 losses. While Stanford only had one loss. I go Staford in 2011 as 4th team.

Just like I go Oregon as 4th in 2012

If the two best teams in CFB happen to be in same conference and division I dont see how both arent in CFP. Perfect example 2011... LSU and Bama...

how do we know??? who is to say that osu wouldnt have scored all over lsu.....

and osu had the #1 defense in take aways/scoring or something like that

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if anything going into the NATTY LSU was clearly #1. After not so much.

I guess I am just going off of recent history and the SECs 7 straight.

OSU should have had the opportunity to play in the NATTY. They did beat Stanford on a neutral field in a close game. Oregon dismantled that same Stanford team in Palo Alto keep in mind. And other loss was to #1 LSU.

My main question is who is this committee and how in the heck are they going to decipher who plays in the CFP. Like I been sayin it is so muddled.

Im sure you have read some of my posts on this thread. So the 2011 Stanford Oregon who goes? 2012 Stanford Oregon who goes?

2011 Stanford loses 1 to Oregon but Oregon loses 2 (LSU n USC) but Oregon is conf champs....

2012 Oregon loses 1 to Stanford but Stanford loses 2 (ND n UW) but Stanford is conf champs.

Tell me, what is your opinion on those 2 years.....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am in the conference champ camp.......but it has been stated in some articles i believe that the conference champs have to be in the top 8...

so if there were only 3 conference champs in the top 8 one year that would open it up to the highest ranked team after the 3 champs

(think this was what the B1G was pushing for if i remember correctly)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am in the conference champ camp.......but it has been stated in some articles i believe that the conference champs have to be in the top 8...

so if there were only 3 conference champs in the top 8 one year that would open it up to the highest ranked team after the 3 champs

(think this was what the B1G was pushing for if i remember correctly)

I am on the fence. I think a one loss non conf champ should go over 2 loss conf champ I guess. If all things are equal as far as schedules and such

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Turnover Margin - 1

Rushing Defense - 90
Pass Eff Defense - 20
Total Defense - 107
Scoring Defense - 61
Pass Defense - 107

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumbles Recovered

1. Michigan.... - 20
1. Oklahoma St - 20
1. San Jose St - 20

Passes Intercepted

1. North Carolina St - 27
2. Oklahoma St - 24

Turnovers Gained

1. Oklahoma St - 44

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4 team playoff will be a major mess as a couple major conf champs will get excluded each year.

A 8 team playoff with 4 1st round byes would be far better imho. This would leave room for all major conf champs plus the best 2nd place team plus an undefeated, top 10 Non AQ.

In time it will go to 8 teams. Just happy no more two witch makes the whining worst with #3 and #4 having a legit gripe for a chance.

SECHATER12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what we wish for? Well I don't think we wished for a 4 team playoff. Wtf is that shit anyway? 4 teams out if 120 will play for the title? :lol:

I guess it's better than two.

I am in favor of conference champions only otherwise you open it up to bullshit conference bias. Sorry but fuck you SEC. You get one champ and that's it. If a 4 loss big east champ gets in over a 1 loss non conf champ OU. So be it. NON conf champs shouldn't be playing for the titles until we have a true playoff and not his 4 team bullshit.

agreed team sec won't like it though

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you would be ok with 4 sec teams in

Well, technically I personally would put a conference cap at 2. If the best teams are SEC then 2 are left in the cold.

Anyways, their conference play would weed out the best two from the rest..

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you would be ok with 4 sec teams in

Are you just conceding to the fact that the SEC is, by far, the superior football conference? Do you really think that the SEC will ever have the 4 best teams in the country, in one season?

:suds:

SECHATER12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just conceding to the fact that the SEC is, by far, the superior football conference? Do you really think that the SEC will ever have the 4 best teams in the country, in one season?

:suds:

of course they are sec is on top right now, it could happen not likely but any thing could happen. what did they have last year 6 in the top 10.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, but dont we want the 4 best teams in the CFP? COnf champs will not give us that...

Who's to say it's the four best teams? Just because 12 old farts say so?

I agree with the conference champs as long as there are 4 in the top 10. If not then the next highest ranked team. No need for the old fart panel with this system.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's to say it's the four best teams? Just because 12 old farts say so?

I agree with the conference champs as long as there are 4 in the top 10. If not then the next highest ranked team. No need for the old fart panel with this system.

Do you think you know more about football than those old farts?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4 team playoff is the worst way they could have done this.

If you look back through the BCS era, there are WAY more questions over 4, 5, 6 than there are between 1 and 2. Rarely do the top 2 teams not get matched up. Watching two SEC teams play two of the 4 remaining conference champions is going to get very old, very quickly.

I agree with this. Why on earth they didn't do 8 teams is beyond me. It has room to give teams with a legitimate claim a shot but is still small enough.