• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS was bad? Wait for the "Committee"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we solve the problem like this......

If there are only 2 teams from major conferences remaining at the end of the season with undefeated records, they automatically go to the National Championship game.

If by some crazy chance there are 4 undefeateds remaining, then all 4 automatically play a 4 team playoff.

If there is any odd number of undefeated teams remaining, the committee can then decide which 4 advance to the playoff. So for instance, if 3 undfeateds remain, those 3 automatically advance to the playoff and the committee decides on a 4th team.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you have won the last 7 NATTYs there is one hell of an argument for getting 2 teams in. until some team in another conference knocks em off that is how it should be.

I dont get the whole let the best 4 conf champs in. That is such a bad argument IMO. Do you want the 4 best teams? Or do you want a mediocre conf champ in???

Last year I go Bama, Domers, FLA or Georgia, and Oregon.

:agree:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we solve the problem like this......

If there are only 2 teams from major conferences remaining at the end of the season with undefeated records, they automatically go to the National Championship game.

If by some crazy chance there are 4 undefeateds remaining, then all 4 automatically play a 4 team playoff.

If there is any odd number of undefeated teams remaining, the committee can then decide which 4 advance to the playoff. So for instance, if 3 undfeateds remain, those 3 automatically advance to the playoff and the committee decides on a 4th team.

Hypothetical using this years teams and schedules...

I could see the thinking here. But what if Alabama loses to Johnny Football and the Gigems in the 2013 season. aTm goes unbeaten... IN, Oregon unbeaten IN, and tOSU unbeaten IN. Then there is BAMA sitting there with one loss to the #1 team in the country. And Louisville is also unbeaten. You take an undefeated Louisville over a one loss Bama... I say no... All conferences are not created equally.

Bama's schedule >>>>>>> Louisville's schedule...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical using this years teams and schedules...

I could see the thinking here. But what if Alabama loses to Johnny Football and the Gigems in the 2013 season. aTm goes unbeaten... IN, Oregon unbeaten IN, and tOSU unbeaten IN. Then there is BAMA sitting there with one loss to the #1 team in the country. And Louisville is also unbeaten. You take an undefeated Louisville over a one loss Bama... I say no... All conferences are not created equally.

Bama's schedule >>>>>>> Louisville's schedule...

Agreed.

However, at the end of the season if there are 4 undefeated teams remaining from major conferences, they're likely going to be ranked 1-4 and the team sitting in 5th really shouldn't be able to say much in all reality.

The real point is though, there will never be 4 undefeated teams remaining from major conferences. That is like a 1 in 500 chance. So this solution likely still puts the top 2 teams from the SEC in the 4 team playoff every time.....unless there are only 2 undefeated teams of course, as there would be no playoff then.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not going to be a level playing field. The only conference that will occasionally "deserve" two teams in the playoff will be the SEC. I can't see 2 teams getting in from any other conference even if an OU/Texas, an Oregon/USC, etc. both deserved a shot. Won't happen and that will inevitably lead to someone getting hosed. 8 teams are needed to make a playoff even remotely fair to every team/conference in the country.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what we wish for? Well I don't think we wished for a 4 team playoff. Wtf is that shit anyway? 4 teams out if 120 will play for the title? :lol:

I guess it's better than two.

I am in favor of conference champions only otherwise you open it up to bullshit conference bias. Sorry but fuck you SEC. You get one champ and that's it. If a 4 loss big east champ gets in over a 1 loss non conf champ OU. So be it. NON conf champs shouldn't be playing for the titles until we have a true playoff and not his 4 team bullshit.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what we wish for? Well I don't think we wished for a 4 team playoff. Wtf is that shit anyway? 4 teams out if 120 will play for the title? :lol:

I am in favor of conference champions only otherwise you open it up to bullshit conference bias. Sorry but fuck you SEC. You get one champ and that's it. If a 4 loss big east champ gets in over a 1 loss non conf champ OU. So be it. NON conf champs shouldn't be playing for the titles until we have a true playoff and not his 4 team bullshit.

No..gif

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit:

Perhaps, you should stick to the NFL. I like my CFB just the way it is.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, seriously........the best that College Football ever was, was the way it was before the BCS came along.

I would have no problem going back to that.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually I think the playoff will go to 16 teams. Then we can get rid of the conference championship games which are worthless. Just put all the teams in one large division and devise a series of tiebreakers if a tie.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, seriously........the best that College Football ever was, was the way it was before the BCS came along.

Yeah, it was just fine before idiots started monkeying around with it. By screwing around with the bowl system, these idiots mucked it up. Now the bowls other than the championship game (or playoff games) don't mean nearly so much as they used to.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not argue with this statement, but it seems that the masses wanted to see a team win the championship on the field. Thus, the BCS was born, and provided the fans with that CG. However, it did take away from the importance of the bowl games, but not nearly as bad as ever-increasing saturation of meaningless bowl games. Personally, I would like to see the bowl games play out as they used to, but then add one more game to be the CG.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually I think the playoff will go to 16 teams. Then we can get rid of the conference championship games which are worthless. Just put all the teams in one large division and devise a series of tiebreakers if a tie.

Like I said before... THIS^^^ Makes too much sense...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thought we had bitchin and moaning in the BCS just wait til the end of the 2014 season. A hand selected committee of 14 to 20 people will choose which 4 teams play in the College Football Playoff. NCAA hoops does the same but gets 68 teams to choose from and we hear complaining about that.

the entire thing stinks... and I have argued this before... .we should have a 32 team playoff..

Dump the OOC cupcake games... my gators for example play 3-4 games each year that are a joke. Additionally, since we have a playoff we don't need the conference championship game either. That is 4-5 games I have freed up. Add the bowl game, and we are at 5-6 games available.

Play a losers bracket like baseball for all the teams who will whine they play less games because they lost.

5 games = 32 teams tourney.

Rotate the bowls so the old idiots get their money else they won't be able to sleep..

Now, everything is left on the field.

Hell, 6 games is 64 teams... then we have NO excuses. Use some home and away for the 1st 2 rounds, then rotate the bowls.

This would drive 10x the revenue overall as the current system. Trust me, when Boise St plays Western Idaho in a bowl game, I could care less today... if the winner of that game played Florida I would be glued to the TV.

Someone please try to argue against that? :)