• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baseball TV Announcer Rankings

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any real thread where this would belong, so I just started a new one. Anyway, I know the quality of our current and past broadcast teams has been debated on here before, so I just thought you all might like to see how a nationwide panel of media bloggers ranked the announcer duos of all 30 MLB teams:

The MLB Local TV Announcer Rankings | Awful Announcing

I thought these rankings were fairly accurate for the most part. Not surprisingly, Hawk Harrelson earned his duo the bottom spot and Rex Hudler was singled out as awful too. In case you don't feel like clicking the link, the Rangers' duo of Busby and TAG ranked 22nd out of 30. I'd say that's pretty fair-- not very good, but not the worst of the worst either. They compared TAG to an old grandpa who likes telling you stories... thought that was funny.

The Orioles and Dodgers fans are lucky to have such good broadcasts to watch.

Hopefully this thread will just be a good general discussion on everyone's thoughts on other teams' announcers and not devolve into another Lewin vs. Rhadigan vs. Busby debate or a bash TAG fest.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any real thread where this would belong, so I just started a new one. Anyway, I know the quality of our current and past broadcast teams has been debated on here before, so I just thought you all might like to see how a nationwide panel of media bloggers ranked the announcer duos of all 30 MLB teams:

The MLB Local TV Announcer Rankings | Awful Announcing

I thought these rankings were fairly accurate for the most part. Not surprisingly, Hawk Harrelson earned his duo the bottom spot and Rex Hudler was singled out as awful too. In case you don't feel like clicking the link, the Rangers' duo of Busby and TAG ranked 22nd out of 30. I'd say that's pretty fair-- not very good, but not the worst of the worst either. They compared TAG to an old grandpa who likes telling you stories... thought that was funny.

The Orioles and Dodgers fans are lucky to have such good broadcasts to watch.

Hopefully this thread will just be a good general discussion on everyone's thoughts on other teams' announcers and not devolve into another Lewin vs. Rhadigan vs. Busby debate or a bash TAG fest.

TAG deserves all the criticism he gets. He goes on old man rants and is out of touch. I wish this included radio broadcasts, because Texas has one of the finest in all of baseball in Nadel.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAG deserves all the criticism he gets. He goes on old man rants and is out of touch. I wish this included radio broadcasts, because Texas has one of the finest in all of baseball in Nadel.

Yep. Nadel is the best of the best. His voice brings back too many great memories of baseball and summer nights, and he will always be Rangers baseball to me. Agree about TAG too.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am spoiled in cali, I get the giants and dodgers broadcasts on local radio.
Not a fan of either the giants or dodgers but I could listen to kuiper krukow miller fleming and scully all day long.
There is something special about a great baseball announcer and play by play guy.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am spoiled in cali, I get the giants and dodgers broadcasts on local radio.
Not a fan of either the giants or dodgers but I could listen to kuiper krukow miller fleming and scully all day long.
There is something special about a great baseball announcer and play by play guy.

You are definitely spoiled. Those are two great tandems. We get the best of the best when it comes to hockey announcers, but our baseball crew leaves a lot to be desired.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAG really bothers me cuz sometimes he says some of the most senseless things. "I think he threw some kind of change up" when martin perez throws a 90 mph fastball with cut action on it. I think it bothers the pitcher when he pitches in three consecutive games." It makes me wanna pull my hair out. I really think the guys in Milwaukee are fun to watch, but i bet they arent ranked that high.

This is a cool thread for every sport, if ya know what i mean will ;)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewin brought energy... Current broadcast has none of that.

Love Nadel & Hicks though.