• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Recruiting for 2016 Gets Serious

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To compare Ohio State and Michigan.

Commits:
Michigan - 18
Ohio State - 16

Average Star Comparison:
Michigan - 3.12
Ohio State - 3.88

Average Star Rank:
Michigan - 28th in the country
Ohio State 1st in the country

33% of Michigan commits are 4* or better
81% of Ohio State's commits are 4* or better

Don't be surprised when Michigan is passed by USC, Clemson, UGA, Tennessee, Auburn, UCLA, Texas A&M, and Florida on NSD.

Michigan is basically recruiting on the same scale Duke is based on # of commits. I guess that's where you want to be?
Which is basically what I said on the first page of this post. Too many 2 and 3 star recruits. We have plenty of numbers, but as soon as other classes fill out we're going to drop like a rock.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is basically what I said on the first page of this post. Too many 2 and 3 star recruits. We have plenty of numbers, but as soon as other classes fill out we're going to drop like a rock.

Yeah I saw you posted something like this. I was responding to @umichgradfan who can't seem to grasp that simple concept. I just wanted to present the facts.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna wait and see if she actually knew the facts about the recruiting class or not. Thanks for putting this up. I guess she gets an education on how it works.

You and Ericd (along with several others) have completely missed the point. Nowhere have I said that MIchigan's recruiting for 2016 is BETTER THAN Ohio State's (or any other team). In fact, the point of the thread is that the B1G's recruiting overall got serious recently and Michigan was leading the way THAT WEEK by picking up six recruits. I used the number of recruits picked up by Michigan as an example of the B1G stepping up. But, I was happy when other B1G posters noted that their teams had also picked up a number of recruits--further supporting the point of the thread.

All the vitriol from Ohio State posters as well as others is unwarranted. It would help the dialogue if they would read and understand what is being said instead of reacting with knee-jerk posts that do not address the point of the thread. The fact is that you can't have it both ways: You can't say on the one hand that the recruiting numbers (and quality) of this or that team is better and then say that talking about recruiting at this point is meaningless because it's way too early and players change their minds often before they finally commit. Well, duh. That's a blinding flash of the obvious.

I was glad to support Ohio State's great run to the NC. They are the champions. They currently have the #1 recruiting class in the B1G and the #3 or 4 class in the nation. These facts are indisputable. But, the point of this thread was not disputing that. So, get a grip.

When some Ohio State fans (and others) react the way they have I wonder what they are REALLY worried about. Why are posters here so determined to one-up each other, call each other names, and impugn each other's intelligence rather than have a civil discussion?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Ericd (along with several others) have completely missed the point. Nowhere have I said that MIchigan's recruiting for 2016 is BETTER THAN Ohio State's (or any other team). In fact, the point of the thread is that the B1G's recruiting overall got serious recently and Michigan was leading the way THAT WEEK by picking up six recruits. I used the number of recruits picked up by Michigan as an example of the B1G stepping up. But, I was happy when other B1G posters noted that their teams had also picked up a number of recruits--further supporting the point of the thread.

All the vitriol from Ohio State posters as well as others is unwarranted. It would help the dialogue if they would read and understand what is being said instead of reacting with knee-jerk posts that do not address the point of the thread. The fact is that you can't have it both ways: You can't say on the one hand that the recruiting numbers (and quality) of this or that team is better and then say that talking about recruiting at this point is meaningless because it's way too early and players change their minds often before they finally commit. Well, duh. That's a blinding flash of the obvious.

I was glad to support Ohio State's great run to the NC. They are the champions. They currently have the #1 recruiting class in the B1G and the #3 or 4 class in the nation. These facts are indisputable. But, the point of this thread was not disputing that. So, get a grip.

When some Ohio State fans (and others) react the way they have I wonder what they are REALLY worried about. Why are posters here so determined to one-up each other, call each other names, and impugn each other's intelligence rather than have a civil discussion?

Directly taken from your OP:

"And, Michigan (now ranked 8th) is leading the way pulling in six commitments from four different states."

No where did you mention ANYTHING about THAT WEEK. And you also portrayed it to come off as though Michigan was leading the B1G. "And, Michigan(now ranked 8th) is leading the way"

And you still don't seem to grasp the fact that Michigan is 28th in the country in average star ranking. The only reason they are in the top 10 is because they have a lot of commitments thus far, which is great but two thirds of them are 3 stars or worse.

And don't blame Ohio State fans or anybody else, because we can't read your mind, we can only comprehend what was actually written. They had every right to call you out...Now let me go hop in the shower because I just defended Ohio State in something.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let me get this straight -
You start a thread about B1G recruiting surging and how michigan "leads the way". We point out that they don't, so your response to me is "pundits are saying they're leading the way". I then point out, again, that they aren't leading in anything, and finally after getting ripped to shreds, you point out that it was "just for that week", even though 5/6 recruits they got that week were low-rated 3* kids that, for the most part, were only getting mid-major offers before michigan got them.

Sounds to me and everyone else like you are just being bitchy because nobody gave your mediocre class all the praise you wanted so you started throwing a fit.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Directly taken from your OP:

"And, Michigan (now ranked 8th) is leading the way pulling in six commitments from four different states."

No where did you mention ANYTHING about THAT WEEK. And you also portrayed it to come off as though Michigan was leading the B1G. "And, Michigan(now ranked 8th) is leading the way"

"Sports pundits are reporting that "Michigan is leading the way" this week with the commitments of six players recently. So, get over yourself." Post #54. Please read and understand.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also just have to point out some more ridiculous doublespeak from this michigan fan:

"Try again. Read my first post introducing the thread. It's about recent strides the B1G has made THIS PAST WEEK in recruiting for 2016."
-Saturday at 11:33 AM

"Actually, the first post refers to the SIX players Michigan signed last week and the one that chose Michigan over Ohio State..."
Saturday at 11:45 AM

So, what was the purpose of the thread? Was it to promote B1G recruiting or to call attention to the nice week michigan had picking up no-name recruits?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight -
You start a thread about B1G recruiting surging and how michigan "leads the way". We point out that they don't, so your response to me is "pundits are saying they're leading the way". I then point out, again, that they aren't leading in anything, and finally after getting ripped to shreds, you point out that it was "just for that week", even though 5/6 recruits they got that week were low-rated 3* kids that, for the most part, were only getting mid-major offers before michigan got them.

Thank you for making my point.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also just have to point out some more ridiculous doublespeak from this michigan fan:

"Try again. Read my first post introducing the thread. It's about recent strides the B1G has made THIS PAST WEEK in recruiting for 2016."
-Saturday at 11:33 AM

"Actually, the first post refers to the SIX players Michigan signed last week and the one that chose Michigan over Ohio State..."
Saturday at 11:45 AM

So, what was the purpose of the thread? Was it to promote B1G recruiting or to call attention to the nice week michigan had picking up no-name recruits?

Both. Because sports pundits mentioned that Michigan was leading the way THAT WEEK.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both. Because sports pundits mentioned that Michigan was leading the way THAT WEEK.

Well congrats to you & your team for winning the recruiting battle...for a week!:D

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well congrats to you & your team for winning the recruiting battle...for a week!:D

I wasn't looking for congratulations. I was making a point about B1G recruiting getting serious. But, thanks anyway.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which pundits, by the way? And are you just pointing out that for a week they had the highest volume, which is irrelevant? Was that the entire point of your thread?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sports pundits are reporting that "Michigan is leading the way" this week with the commitments of six players recently. So, get over yourself." Post #54. Please read and understand.

So it took you until post #54 to mention anything about "this week"?? Well it's good to know, that you've admitted I was correct about your OP statement.

Also, who the hell waits until 50 posts later to make a point in a thread in which YOU started. :L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't looking for congratulations. I was making a point about B1G recruiting getting serious. But, thanks anyway.

Hey right now meeeechegan needs as many moral victories as they can get!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for making my point.

God damn you're dumb. You now have admitted TWICE, that you didn't mention anything about "THIS WEEK" until later on(after the OP), yet you think you're right. :pound:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another reason for meeeechegan fans to celebrate...

10430411_959340814089692_1097371348645449510_n.jpg

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't mention it till post 54... so you can't say this thread was about one week when it was inlcuded in the OP or even the 1st page. How are we suposed to know you just meant that week? Mentioning it later on just comes across as you defeanding your post after it was called out :noidea:

Include it in the OP and there is no confusion

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Iowa won it. Didn't Iowa just haul in a whole boatload of commits for 2016?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another reason for meeeechegan fans to celebrate...

View attachment 16956[/QUOTE
God damn you're dumb. You now have admitted TWICE, that you didn't mention anything about "THIS WEEK" until later on(after the OP), yet you think you're right. :pound:

So you didn't mention it till post 54... so you can't say this thread was about one week when it was inlcuded in the OP or even the 1st page. How are we suposed to know you just meant that week? Mentioning it later on just comes across as you defeanding your post after it was called out :noidea:

Include it in the OP and there is no confusion

Well, I thought you could figure it out because in my first post I mentioned that Michigan was now the 8th ranked team having just taken six players. Silly me. I was wrong.