• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 reporters pick Michigan to win the B10

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan named Big Ten football favorite in cleveland.com 2019 preseason poll

Poll is conducted every year prior to B10 media days. I don't think I can remember the last time Michigan was voted as the favorite.

BIG TEN EAST
1. Michigan, 222 points (20 first-place votes)

2. Ohio State, 214 points (14)

3. Michigan State, 156 points

4. Penn State, 154 points

5. Indiana, 86.5 points

6. Maryland, 82.5 points

7. Rutgers, 37 points

BIG TEN WEST
1. Nebraska, 198 points (14 first-place votes)

2. Iowa, 194.5 points (14)

3. Wisconsin, 172.5 points (4)

4. Northwestern, 142.5 points (1)

5. Purdue, 110.5 points

6. Minnesota, 100 points (1)

7. Illinois, 34 points

Just like every other preseason poll ... no worth the paper it is written on.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it. I suspect Ohio State won't be as good under Day as under Urban, but it's still their conference. They have the last two BIG championships and are loaded with talent, with their four classes being: #4, #2, #2, and #14 in the country. They're the favorites until I see otherwise.

I don't get the accolades that are always thrust on Harbaugh or Frost. Harbaugh has a losing record against his rivals and has never beaten Ohio State, even last year, probably their worst in recent memory. He's on a three game losing streak in bowls (including losing to South Carolina and getting humiliated last year) and is 5-9 against ranked opponents the last 3 years. This year, Michigan lost Higdon and Evans and lost a ton of defensive production. I get that this is the best chance to make that jump, but why do people still think he's the guy to pull it together?

Meanwhile, while I get that Frost was good at UCF, Nebraska is coming off of two 4-8 seasons. They're 1-8 against top 25 teams the past three years (lol at Oregon). Not only that, their average score in those games have been 21-45. They made the music city bowl in 2016 and lost by 14 to Tennessee. They haven't won the west and have averaged. I just don't see it right now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll come down to Penn State vs Ohio State on November 23rd. Penn State is loaded with experience and talent along the lines and at LB. Questions at QB, obviously, but Clifford is a great talent. Just doesn't have experience. I think they'll be undefeated when Michigan comes to HV. Maybe even undefeated when they travel to the Shoe.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it. I suspect Ohio State won't be as good under Day as under Urban, but it's still their conference. They have the last two BIG championships and are loaded with talent, with their four classes being: #4, #2, #2, and #14 in the country. They're the favorites until I see otherwise.

I don't get the accolades that are always thrust on Harbaugh or Frost. Harbaugh has a losing record against his rivals and has never beaten Ohio State, even last year, probably their worst in recent memory. He's on a three game losing streak in bowls (including losing to South Carolina and getting humiliated last year) and is 5-9 against ranked opponents the last 3 years. This year, Michigan lost Higdon and Evans and lost a ton of defensive production. I get that this is the best chance to make that jump, but why do people still think he's the guy to pull it together?

Meanwhile, while I get that Frost was good at UCF, Nebraska is coming off of two 4-8 seasons. They're 1-8 against top 25 teams the past three years (lol at Oregon). Not only that, their average score in those games have been 21-45. They made the music city bowl in 2016 and lost by 14 to Tennessee. They haven't won the west and have averaged. I just don't see it right now.

Probably because you're narrow minded and don't do your homework.

Nebraska has better recruiting classes than the rest of the west. Previous coaches just haven't been able to develop talent and get them lined up right.
Frosts first 6 games last season were big adjustments (0-6). Their last 6 games (4-2) showed a lot of improvement in playing Ohio St to a 5 point loss in Columbus and Iowa to a 3 point loss (on a game ending FG) in Iowa City.

And has been mentioned multiple times, Nebraska has the most favorable schedule.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because you're narrow minded and don't do your homework.

Nebraska has better recruiting classes than the rest of the west. Previous coaches just haven't been able to develop talent and get them lined up right.
Frosts first 6 games last season were big adjustments (0-6). Their last 6 games (4-2) showed a lot of improvement in playing Ohio St to a 5 point loss in Columbus and Iowa to a 3 point loss (on a game ending FG) in Iowa City.

And has been mentioned multiple times, Nebraska has the most favorable schedule.

I appreciate your optimism. I know the past few years have had to suck (though you're sounding like a Gamecock proud to only lose to Ohio State and Iowa by 5 and 3 respectively - you are lucky that you're in the West though, it seems Maryland was four points better than you since they lost by one, though you do have Purdue to contend with). You're right, I didn't know that about the talent level. Looks like Nebraska has been treading water around 20-25 for a while now. I don't read that far down recruiting rankings any more.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East: Ohio State or Penn State
West: Wisconsin or Northwestern

Not that difficult.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your optimism. I know the past few years have had to suck (though you're sounding like a Gamecock proud to only lose to Ohio State and Iowa by 5 and 3 respectively - you are lucky that you're in the West though, it seems Maryland was four points better than you since they lost by one, though you do have Purdue to contend with). You're right, I didn't know that about the talent level. Looks like Nebraska has been treading water around 20-25 for a while now. I don't read that far down recruiting rankings any more.

You rarely if ever post an informed intelligent thought here. I remember having to correct your stupidity a few times. I have noticed you're a typical newb fan of a team that's just recently had success. How old are you 15?

BTW.......Bo Pelini beat Dabo Swinney

LMFAO!!!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in a vacuum RA is right you'd have to take Wisky to win the west but they could legit go 5-1 in the West and finish 4th in the division with the crossovers . Iowa has slightly tougher crossovers than Nebraska but they get PSU at home and Iowa has some weird kind of ownership of Michigan recently . If they can split those id expect the West to come down to the black Friday game

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in a vacuum RA is right you'd have to take Wisky to win the west but they could legit go 5-1 in the West and finish 4th in the division with the crossovers . Iowa has slightly tougher crossovers than Nebraska but they get PSU at home and Iowa has some weird kind of ownership of Michigan recently . If they can split those id expect the West to come down to the black Friday game

Wisconsin has you both in November. The West is gonna have some wars after Halloween

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has you both in November. The West is gonna have some wars after Halloween
I'm ecstatic the game is November this year . It's too big of a game to happen early every year

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to. If you ain't in the top 10-15, the odds of making the CFP are very slim IMHO. Maybe even the top 5-10.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why the media would make that prediction. Harbaugh is the more known quantity than Day. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll come down to Penn State vs Ohio State on November 23rd. Penn State is loaded with experience and talent along the lines and at LB. Questions at QB, obviously, but Clifford is a great talent. Just doesn't have experience. I think they'll be undefeated when Michigan comes to HV. Maybe even undefeated when they travel to the Shoe.

Didn’t they have a couple guys on D transfer? I thought sanders was stupid to go pro but he didn’t seem all that great anyway. Their schedule in conference is tough too. Hell they haven’t won at MSU since paterno was there.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan named Big Ten football favorite in cleveland.com 2019 preseason poll

Poll is conducted every year prior to B10 media days. I don't think I can remember the last time Michigan was voted as the favorite.

BIG TEN EAST
1. Michigan, 222 points (20 first-place votes)

2. Ohio State, 214 points (14)

3. Michigan State, 156 points

4. Penn State, 154 points

5. Indiana, 86.5 points

6. Maryland, 82.5 points

7. Rutgers, 37 points

BIG TEN WEST
1. Nebraska, 198 points (14 first-place votes)

2. Iowa, 194.5 points (14)

3. Wisconsin, 172.5 points (4)

4. Northwestern, 142.5 points (1)

5. Purdue, 110.5 points

6. Minnesota, 100 points (1)

7. Illinois, 34 points
How many reporters does Flint have?