• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad the Hawks won but some of you need to clear the fog off your homer goggles. If that would have been the Hawks receiver, you all would have been screaming PI. And it was PI on Sherm, he yanked on the arm early but got away with it. They should have had a 6 pt lead anyway but at least they won.

If there's a 'homer goggle' fanbase that's harder on its coaches and players, I can't think of it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I" think officials are intimidated when they do a Seahawk home game. The 'no call' on Sherman would have been called anywhere else. The crowd noise on that play made the official keep his hand away from the flag. Atlanta coach has a legitimate gripe. The Seahawks got away with one.......AGAIN!!

FIFY

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a Seahawk fan, we can get a couple more SEASONS of favorable calls, and I still won't lose a minute of sleep.

I won't bother listing the egregious calls that have gone against us over the years, including in the '05 S.Bowl.

Point is, even in that game, we COULD have overcome those bad calls if we'd been tougher mentally and physically. So the loss is on the team, not the refs.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman was basically going to prom with Jones with his arm around him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh right...

You forgot the first part of that video where Julio Jones CLEARLY hits Sherman in the head with his hand knocking Sherman off balance.

The pass interference (which it was granted) should've never even happened because it was offensive hands to the face.

But yah... be one of those guys that doesn't watch the game, hears about it second hand, and then comes here to post a one sided video of it. Or you did watch the game and are just blind.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say the same thing I say when we have a bad call go against us that heavily contributes to the loss. Don't put yourself in a position to rely on penalties to decide the outcome of the game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away Big Ken, the last thing anyone needs is a lecture about "intimidation" from a Patriots fan. {;-)

I guess I'll have to go away. Seahawks posters are more sensitive than I ever expected. I got three "Bullshits" and 9 quoted responses. What I wrote wasn't demeaning. It's a personal observance. Every team gets "Home" calls and every visiting team will complain. Seattle has the loudest crowds in the NFL and when they get amped up, it can be intimidating.

My final point was that when the Hawks get a home call like yesterday, fans can't bitch when they don't get one on the road. I'm a Patriots fans and we've had to live with bad road calls for the past 10 years. We're still sensitive to some of the really blatant missed calls.

Take a breath..................

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about the the beginning of the play ? Are you telling me that was a legal hit to the face mask by Julio ? Show the entire play in slow mo...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Bennett is going to be okay, which is a huge relief. I know we have Avril and Clark, but losing Bennett for a long period of time would have been big.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Bennett is going to be okay, which is a huge relief. I know we have Avril and Clark, but losing Bennett for a long period of time would have been big.

Gotta say, I was impressed with how well the pass rush played to close that game minus Clark and Bennett.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I was impressed with how well the pass rush played to close that game minus Clark and Bennett.

So was I, but like I said, I'm glad that we're not going to lose Bennett. We'd miss his versatility and his disruptiveness over the long haul if he'd been knocked out for a long period of time.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was I, but like I said, I'm glad that we're not going to lose Bennett. We'd miss his versatility and his disruptiveness over the long haul if he'd been knocked out for a long period of time.

Oh yeah. I thought he would be out for a while. And yes, him missing a long period of time could have been very bad.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll have to go away. Seahawks posters are more sensitive than I ever expected. I got three "Bullshits" and 9 quoted responses. What I wrote wasn't demeaning. It's a personal observance. Every team gets "Home" calls and every visiting team will complain. Seattle has the loudest crowds in the NFL and when they get amped up, it can be intimidating.

My final point was that when the Hawks get a home call like yesterday, fans can't bitch when they don't get one on the road. I'm a Patriots fans and we've had to live with bad road calls for the past 10 years. We're still sensitive to some of the really blatant missed calls.

Take a breath..................

Just have to take the good with the bad. It's the nature of the game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So where's the video of Seattle's missed PI call on our deep pass? It goes both ways.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it PI? Sure, it was. But it was also PI on the guy who was grabbing Kearse's arm in the end zone, and not called. Julio Jones also with a hands to the face on Sherm on that very same play, not called.

I can't stand the strategy of chuck it up when you can't do anything else and hope for a flag to get you in position to win. I think it's bad for the game, and I think if you call PI on that 4th & 10 then you encourage more employment of that lame strategy. It also just wasn't a very good pass from Ryan, and I just think it's lame to reward a team for that play.