• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At a glance: 2019 The Ohio State Buckeyes 2019 College Football Schedule

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont let @Across The Field see this. He will call you a liar and that you are making things up. Just say you were speculating though and then you can justify it:suds:

So one of the biggest over the top homer on this site (you) is calling someone else a homer? This is hilarious.

I'm gonna need some popcorn.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes — everyone is lying. You were randomly chosen as one of the biggest homers and you always give your unbiased opinion of everything OSU.
Show me where I said after the 2017 season that Barrett's improvement was because of Wilson.

Show me where I said Haskins would be "easily improved upon with Martell".

Don't do your normal beating around the bush trolling. Show me where I actually said these exact things.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I said after the 2017 season that Barrett's improvement was because of Wilson.

Show me where I said Haskins would be "easily improved upon with Martell".

Don't do your normal beating around the bush trolling. Show me where I actually said these exact things.

I’m agreeing with you. Everyone is a liar. They are making it all up and you were randomly selected out of everyone who posts here as one of the biggest homers.

I’m with you — I would never be able to tell you are an OSU fan, as you always give your unbiased opinion.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually still our OC, I guess he and Day worked well together.

Well shit, that hurts your current narrative. I wouldn't have made a big deal about but you called the OC a genius.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, that hurts your current narrative. I wouldn't have made a big deal about but you called the OC a genius.
What narrative does it hurt? Wilson obviously did a fine job, which is why he was one of the very few coaches (I think only 3) that were retained by Day, but Day obviously was more responsible for it, otherwise why would he have moved up so quickly?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m agreeing with you. Everyone is a liar. They are making it all up and you were randomly selected out of everyone who posts here as one of the biggest homers.

I’m with you — I would never be able to tell you are an OSU fan, as you always give your unbiased opinion.
So what you're telling me is, as usual, you can't back up anything you've accused me of.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT Barrett had his best year in 2014. Hence the reason it was the only time he was named to an all-American team (3rd team all American) and was named Freshman of the Year.

He set career bests in passing yards per game, rushing yards per game, Y/A, QB rating, rushing yards and rushing yards/A.

He had basically the same amount of total offense in 2014 as he did in 2017 and he played in 2 less games.

But why let facts get in the way of a good story, because everyone KNOWS you aren’t a homer:suds:
They're stats, sure.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of those were accumulated because he tossed the ball a yard forward.

Even with his success that year, OSU critics used that to discredit his season. Now, they're disregarding it to prop him up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're stats, sure.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of those were accumulated because he tossed the ball a yard forward.

Even with his success that year, OSU critics used that to discredit his season. Now, they're disregarding it to prop him up.
You can argue semantics all day about which season was better, it's irrelevant. They were both fantastic seasons that sandwiched two bad ones. The point was that Day has done a phenomenal job at OSU since he got there, and it's why I'm not worried about the future.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're telling me is, as usual, you can't back up anything you've accused me of.

Yes, multiple people are now making up lies out of the blue, just to sully your good name.

Or, they had these conversations with you, and they aren’t going to waste their time looking up posts from 2+ years ago.

Once again, I’m sure you were just randomly selected as one of the biggest homers on the board and it had nothing to do with your own posts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're stats, sure.

2014 — he had way more deep throws than 2017. OSU didn’t have the deep threat WR like Devin Smith or a guy who caught everything thrown his way like Michael Thomas. Plus he had the homerun RB in Zeke to keep defenses honest.

2017 had guys who they’d get the ball to in space and they’d make plays with their legs, though Dixon kind of played the role that Smith did to a lesser extent. Plus he had a RB combo who put up 2,000 yards on the ground to keep defenses honest.

2016 — Their best WR and best RB was the same guy. Curtis Samuel. His ‘top’ WR was Noah Brown. The offense was solid, but nothing special, so Barrett’s numbers reflected that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, multiple people are now making up lies out of the blue, just to sully your good name.

Or, they had these conversations with you, and they aren’t going to waste their time looking up posts from 2+ years ago.

Once again, I’m sure you were just randomly selected as one of the biggest homers on the board and it had nothing to do with your own posts.
I continue to give you an opportunity to back up your claim about me simply being a homer. Why do you continually dodge them or just make things up? I talk about OSU a ton on here, no doubt about it. However, what have I said that's actually wrong?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 — he had way more deep throws than 2017. OSU didn’t have the deep threat WR like Devin Smith or a guy who caught everything thrown his way like Michael Thomas. Plus he had the homerun RB in Zeke to keep defenses honest.

2017 had guys who they’d get the ball to in space and they’d make plays with their legs, though Dixon kind of played the role that Smith did to a lesser extent. Plus he had a RB combo who put up 2,000 yards on the ground to keep defenses honest.

2016 — Their best WR and best RB was the same guy. Curtis Samuel. His ‘top’ WR was Noah Brown. The offense was solid, but nothing special, so Barrett’s numbers reflected that.
Devin Smith was our down the field threat, which is why he only had 33 catches.

Because we didn't throw deep often

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to give you an opportunity to back up your claim about me simply being a homer. Why do you continually dodge them or just make things up? I talk about OSU a ton on here, no doubt about it. However, what have I said that's actually wrong?

Why do you think you were voted one of the biggest homers? Is it everyone lying? Maybe the whole board is? Maybe you don’t realize you are? I can tell you — it is quite obvious.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Smith was our down the field threat, which is why he only had 33 catches.

Because we didn't throw deep often

Yes, but he had over 900 yards. When you average almost 30 yards a catch and catch 33 balls — defenses have no choice but to drop their safeties, opening it up underneath for everyone else and especially opening it up for the running game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think you were voted one of the biggest homers? Is it everyone lying? Maybe the whole board is? Maybe you don’t realize you are? I can tell you — it is quite obvious.
Again - feel free to show your work at any time.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was figuring 10-2 depending on the Fields situation. It'd be dumb to assume anything more than that. At Nebraska, at Northwestern, and at michigan could be three ranked road teams, and we still get MSU, PSU, and Wisconsin at home. Depends entirely on who underachieves and who plays to their capability, really.

I think the next one you "get" would be your first.

First paragraph: Valid points, teams change year to year. I still don’t expect tOSU to drop more than a game regular season though.

Second paragraph: You’re full of shit, you just won’t admit I had him.