• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could college football eventually look like this?

Would you be in favor of this type of college football format?

• Total voters

therealsportsguru

owner of geatathebookie.com
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note. Enjoyed some of your write ups.
Welcome.
Thank you. I know my opinion can be pretty strong sometimes. I am trying to have an objective approach about somethings. But I appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time out to read it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I know my opinion can be pretty strong sometimes. I am trying to have an objective approach about somethings. But I appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time out to read it.
Dude, were all here to shoot the ish and have an outlet. Half the time its sports half the time its whatever. But strong opinions are what makes this place. Its a merry band of jerks, where we can tell eachother how big of a jerk they are one day and be posting on the same side of an argument the next. Most folks have been around a while, theres a reason for that.

therealsportsguru

owner of geatathebookie.com
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, were all here to shoot the ish and have an outlet. Half the time its sports half the time its whatever. But strong opinions are what makes this place. Its a merry band of jerks, where we can tell eachother how big of a jerk they are one day and be posting on the same side of an argument the next. Most folks have been around a while, theres a reason for that.
I like it!

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off the top of my head, but here is how I would align them. All other D-I teams can be moved into divisions, and a tournament can be played at the end of the season. After 3 seasons, four teams will move up and down.

I know it is full of holes, and I probably forgot more deserving teams, but this is the 32 team I'd have in a new super league. Again, other teams can move up, while some move down due to poor play.

View attachment 276529
if you think any league pro or college will every agree to relegation you are fooling yourself......

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rockford: .....some exceptions apply to oozey coonts with alt creating complexes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rockford: .....some exceptions apply to oozey coonts with alt creating complexes
Well yes. Absolutely. But like i just called u an ass in another thread. Still greatly enjoy bantering with you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For FOOTBALL ONLY. No conferences, just divisions. 8 divisions of 9 for a 72-team league. The teams in divisions make sense geographically for the most part. Some of you may have a different take on where or who is included. There are some teams in that don't look as though they belong (example: UNLV and SMU; for the potential to use Al Davis Stadium (72,000) in Paradise and Jerry Jones Stadium (105,000) in Arlington. I didn't use any directional names for the divisions.

-No conference championship games.
-8-game division schedule (round robin).
-4 non-division games.
-16-team playoff (8 division winners and 8 wildcards).
-Playoff teams seeded by CFP rankings.
-The max number of games a team would play is 16.

Division 1--Cal, Oregon, Oregon St, San Diego St, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington St.
Division 2--Arizona, Arizona St, Boise St, BYU, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas St, UNLV, Utah.
Division 3--Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech.
Division 4--Illinois, Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin.
Division 5--Cincinnati, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, West Virginia.
Division 6--Boston College, Duke, Maryland, Penn St, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech.
Division 7--Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Memphis, Miss St, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt.
Division 8--Clemson, Florida, Florida St, NC St, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Miami, South Carolina, Wake Forest.

Would you prefer this or Baylor, Oklahoma St, TCU, and Texas Tech in the Pac-12? West Virginia in the Big XII...? Oh, wait. ;) :D
Don't see this happening. TV money is too big of an influence and fans hate it when conferences add teams, taking teams away would be even worse. Some schools might not mind this set up as they'd benefit, but NONE of the conferences would benefit at all. BIG's finally getting used to Nebraska being a part of the conference and no one even hardly remembers that PSU used to not be in the B1G. NO WAY PSU would go for being taken out of the B1G even if this was only for football, and even Michigan and OSU wouldn't like it. Who wants to see Michigan vs Kentucky in cfb? Or PSU vs Boston College? No, too much money to lose when you take games like OSU/Mich vs PSU, etc..