• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Assholes @ M's: July 26th - 28th

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are really hung on that aren’t you. When the clubhouse isn’t happy that a veteran is traded should it not be reported?

Why should it? I don't think it's news. It certainly shouldn't be the headline story and the spotlight of the day. Nobody even went on record.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its news and should be reported but I also think it will blow over. The timing sucked which made it arguably as bad as anything but it could be something that was talked about for days and then pushed after the Astros pen imploded the first game

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it? I don't think it's news. It certainly shouldn't be the headline story and the spotlight of the day. Nobody even went on record.
How it is not news? It is baseball with a young ass team. Seager went on record 2 days before, who else has any clout in the clubhouse to say anything during a trade deadline?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it is not news? It is baseball with a young ass team. Seager went on record 2 days before, who else has any clout in the clubhouse to say anything during a trade deadline?

It was being reported as the most important part of the story, when in reality it was knee jerk overreaction to a completely fair trade with obvious merits. I don't mind it being mentioned that the players really loved Graveman and hate seeing him go, or that they don't completely understand why that move was made at the time. But to pretend like trading a closer with 2 months remaining on his contract, on a team that is playing above their heads right now, was a grenade and the downfall of the season was simply ridiculous.

It was an overreaction on the players' parts and the media.