• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Homestead: June 28th - July 7th

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but people still complain about it apparently. Stats don't lie, there is an issue with the park.
But it always seem like the players that sucked in Seattle complain. Until Jerry’s tenure the M’s had plenty of guys who did well. I do think the batters eye has something to do with it, but I still firmly believe they don’t acquire guys who’s game fits the park

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure that is an issue. The Teo thing, I think it affects some players and doesn’t affect others much like just basically life
If it's not the coaches than why are these guys swinging for a record K rate and not getting clutch hits when needed. I read about the batters eye as a possibility but still same lack of hitting in different parks with different batters eye.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not the coaches than why are these guys swinging for a record K rate and not getting clutch hits when needed. I read about the batters eye as a possibility but still same lack of hitting in different parks with different batters eye.
If it was just the batters eye it would seem while the K rate goes up, so would hit by pitches and passed balls wouldn’t it? As for their high strikeout goes, there main two players (Julio and Cal) are high k rate guys. It looks like JP’s 23 season was the outlier not who he is. For basically everyone else, there is a reason they were deemed platoon guys.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was just the batters eye it would seem while the K rate goes up, so would hit by pitches and passed balls wouldn’t it? As for their high strikeout goes, there main two players (Julio and Cal) are high k rate guys. It looks like JP’s 23 season was the outlier not who he is. For basically everyone else, there is a reason they were deemed platoon guys.
I'll agree with Cal but JRod should be more of a contact hitter. He doesn't need to swing for the fences to hit HR's yet he is and is swing at almost everything thrown at him. JP I figured he fall back to his usual self.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it always seem like the players that sucked in Seattle complain. Until Jerry’s tenure the M’s had plenty of guys who did well. I do think the batters eye has something to do with it, but I still firmly believe they don’t acquire guys who’s game fits the park
Only 1 Mariners team has ranked higher at home than on the road in the same year. Yes it could be the wrong players, but hard to believe every year that is the case.