• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona, NY and NE best corners in the game,,, wait what?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards' secondary feared with Antonio Cromartie - ESPN

Arizona can make a case for having one of the best corner tandems in the league, alongside the New England Patriots and the New York Giants.

Hmm. I feel their forgetting something.. oh i dont know, maybe the Super Bowl Winning team, with undoubtedly the best secondary in football.....

But yeah, sure, New york signs away seattles Nickle Corner, and NE signs away Seattles old starter who lost his job to Maxwell and didn't play the second half of the year or playoffs. yeah their better then Seattle..... Oh and the cards big signing.... Cro is big time in name only.. He was statistically one of the worst corners in the game last year........ahhhhhh its cool its not like Seattle uses stuff like this to motivate themselves.....

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best secondary means nothing of the aforementioned teams can't get pressure on the QB.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards' secondary feared with Antonio Cromartie - ESPN

Arizona can make a case for having one of the best corner tandems in the league, alongside the New England Patriots and the New York Giants.

Hmm. I feel their forgetting something.. oh i dont know, maybe the Super Bowl Winning team, with undoubtedly the best secondary in football.....

But yeah, sure, New york signs away seattles Nickle Corner, and NE signs away Seattles old starter who lost his job to Maxwell and didn't play the second half of the year or playoffs. yeah their better then Seattle..... Oh and the cards big signing.... Cro is big time in name only.. He was statistically one of the worst corners in the game last year........ahhhhhh its cool its not like Seattle uses stuff like this to motivate themselves.....

uh oh... Wazzu your not gonna pull a "Sherman" here and go on shouting spree are you?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh oh... Wazzu your not gonna pull a "Sherman" here and go on shouting spree are you?

LOL!! haha good point!.:laugh3:

I just feel its irresponsible journalism to write that article and not ATLEAST mention Seattle.

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone complains about ESPN hating their favorite teams. I don't get it.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone complains about ESPN hating their favorite teams. I don't get it.

Dont you think the Super Bowl champions are due their respect? I mean seattle is used to being ignored by espn but come on. that super bowl performance???

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you think the Super Bowl champions are due their respect? I mean seattle is used to being ignored by espn but come on. that super bowl performance???

Let's back up here, Mo brought up a very good point, " a secondary is only good with a good pass rush." Now granted Seattle does have some good players in that secondary and that includes the self proclaimed "all world corner," but at some point the credit needs to be given to the front seven, and lets face it, if Peyton got a little tipsy, I bet he would admit the front seven of the Hawks still haunt him today...

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's back up here, Mo brought up a very good point, " a secondary is only good with a good pass rush." Now granted Seattle does have some good players in that secondary and that includes the self proclaimed "all world corner," but at some point the credit needs to be given to the front seven, and lets face it, if Peyton got a little tipsy, I bet he would admit the front seven of the Hawks still haunt him today...

Yep, when the front 7 can hurry plays it can lead to a lot of tipped balls and interceptions. You can have a great secondary but if an NFL QB has 7 or 8 seconds to throw they will typically hit the mark.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner will be the third corner at best, likely fourth. Any strength of their corner situation comments don't rely on him.

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article specifically mentioned corners, not the secondary as a whole. Their SB performance wasn't exactly ignored; ESPN was calling them the best defense since the '85 Bears in the immediate aftermath.

I watch and read ESPN a ton, and while they do have their preferred teams (the big ratings draws), the only team I've seen them express anything resembling dislike towards is the SA Spurs.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does say corner tandems, not entire secondary. But you have to think Seattle should at least be mentioned there. Sherman is the best corner in the game and like you said Maxwell started over both Thurmond and Browner.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis>Sherman

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, he was a better CB.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now imagine when Mathieu returns from injury. Will there be a better secondary in the NFL? It'll be hard to beat Arizona’s.

That's a fine secondary, but really? The guy is looking for a response by not mentioning Seattle, and of course he will get one.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Keep that dream alive.:lol:

He graded as the best corner in football last year per pro football focus, and he did it in a defense that didn't even attempt to use him correctly and coming off of a torn ACL.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He graded as the best corner in football last year per pro football focus, and he did it in a defense that didn't even attempt to use him correctly and coming off of a torn ACL.

Sherman had more picks, more passes defended, and from what I understand fewer targets ( couldn't find specific stats on that one) last season. He also leads the league in picks, passes defended, and quarterback rating when targeted since he entered the league. Nothing against Revis, but I'll take those numbers any day.