• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona, NY and NE best corners in the game,,, wait what?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha couldn't agree more. You would think winning a Super Bowl with a great
defense would be enough. I guess until all bow down to Seattle superiority they will not

Nobody is being asked to bow down, that's a cheap shot. Like sonny said, their are lots of Seahawks fans here on the general board and we like to give our point of view. Is that a bad thing? I think not. It's the off season and topics are scarce, getting a conversation going is a good thing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha couldn't agree more. You would think winning a Super Bowl with a great
defense would be enough. I guess until all bow down to Seattle superiority they will not

Nobody is being asked to bow down, that's a cheap shot. Like sonny said, their are lots of Seahawks fans here on the general board and we like to give our point of view. Is that a bad thing? I think not. It's the off season and topics are scarce, getting a conversation going is a good thing.

Again there are ways to talk about this conversation without it becoming all about Seattle. Such as what this kind of signing for Arizona allows them to do on defense now or same for New England. I would much rather talk about that than read another debate of who is better revis or Sherman? See I am a bronco fan but I love getting to know other teams and other points of views but that seems to go out the window lately because everything turns towards the Seahawks. Honestly and I don't think I am alone in this makes me want to stay off the general board all together. Might as well rename it seattle's alternative board

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only does he win, he also made it possible for you to make yourself look like an insecure jackass.

It's a win-win.

Golden rule those who have lost an argument....resort to name calling. Nice.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of 49er fans as well but I don't see them turning every conversation into a 49er conversation. I understand your fan base is excited but it just gets exhausting when you try to talk about anything knowing eventually it will be about Seattle. Now this article is one mans opinion during a slow time in football. No reason to go crazy because he doesn't mention Seattle. Sherman gets plenty of respect but somebody saying that other teams have great corners too is not a slap to Seattle just a recognition that there is talent outside of one team

When you talk about DB tandems and leave out Seattle its just stupid. Start a thread about great LBs and leave out SF and see them come out the woodwork, or start one about QBs or receiver cores and don't mention any broncos, Denver fans would be like, Wtf?

Sure we talk about our team a lot. They just won the SB, and have a great team. I don't know what you expect from a board with lots of hawk fans.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because no other fans in all of football claim their team has some disrespect at some point. I mean there are so many other things to talk about because of how busy this time of year is for football so why on earth should trivial things like this even come up. :L

Seriously, should any Seahawk fan really care about some fuckwad blogger and their opinions? Of course not. On the same token, should all Seahawk fans be lumped together when one speaks out about something rather unimportant?

Oh, and Zona fans dumping on Seattle fans over this story given their team being mentioned in it. That too is just shocking. :laugh3:

Love the off season.

Wow somebody's Super Bowl hangover has worn off..... Now were labeling bloggers ( you know a guy who lives in grannies basement) fuckwads? I mean it's not the guys fault he's in his mid 30's never been laid and cheers for the Detroit Lions....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you talk about DB tandems and leave out Seattle its just stupid. Start a thread about great LBs and leave out SF and see them come out the woodwork, or start one about QBs or receiver cores and don't mention any broncos, Denver fans would be like, Wtf?

Sure we talk about our team a lot. They just won the SB, and have a great team. I don't know what you expect from a board with lots of hawk fans.

What has Seattle done this off season to upgrade their CB's? The fact that Arizona, New England and NY made significant moves this off season to upgrade their CB's is the reason Seattle has been left out of the conversation.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner will be the third corner at best, likely fourth. Any strength of their corner situation comments don't rely on him.
I forget BB's contract info, but didn't the Pats pay a lot for a #3 or #4 CB? Those guys should be under $1M per year IMO.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis>Sherman

Perception is 99% correct.
I see Sherm as a corner that directly involved the winning play. I can quickly think of the Houston game and the NFCCG vs SF.
In those games he was the instrumental player in the play that sealed the win. I'm sure there are more.
I don't look at Revis that way. It's just my perception.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fair bit, but our two and three guys are on rookie contracts, and he provides a great matchup on hybrid tight ends and the occasional big receiver. I'm not a fan of the move at the price, but I think given their contract situations and the FA market, he's a luxury we could afford.

There simply wasn't a lot else out there to spend the money on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perception is 99% correct.
I see Sherm as a corner that directly involved the winning play. I can quickly think of the Houston game and the NFCCG vs SF.
In those games he was the instrumental player in the play that sealed the win. I'm sure there are more.
I don't look at Revis that way. Perception.

You also watch every Seattle game compared to that of revis.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best corner tandem as the article states is different from best secondary. With Thurman and Browner gone who is on the other side of Sherman.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis hasn't been in situations to make those plays. He went from joke of a franchise to joke of a franchise.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Best corner tandem as the article states is different from best secondary. With Thurman and Browner gone who is on the other side of Sherman.

Most non-Seahawks fans have probably never heard of Byron Maxwell but his performance in coverage was just as good as Browner and Thurmond's, IMO.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also watch every Seattle game compared to that of revis.

Very true and that is why I voiced that it is my perception.
I may be very wrong and that is no big deal.
Am I wrong?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maxwell replaced BB and ended up keeping the job. Max is outstanding and a skoosh better than BB IMO. The diff is while BB can ocassionally get flat out snookered on a play, Max is always in the WR's back pocket. It is seldom he gets beat. BB is bigger and tougher, but no more tenacious than BM who has better coverage skills. BB will draw more penalties but uses his size to disrupt the WR and ends up getting in the WR's heads. He is a brut.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis hasn't been in situations to make those plays. He went from joke of a franchise to joke of a franchise.

It appears you confirmed RS>DR.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most non-Seahawks fans have probably never heard of Byron Maxwell but his performance in coverage was just as good as Browner and Thurmond's, IMO.

But that would be the reason the Seahawks are not mentioned he will have to prove it while AZ, NE and Giants have established guys.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears you confirmed RS>DR.

How? Revis has dominated the NFL his entire career. You can't blame a defender for not making game-winning plays when he was never in a position to do so. If his team is a joke he can't magically change that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Revis has dominated the NFL his entire career. You can't blame a defender for not making game-winning plays when he was never in a position to do so. If his team is a joke he can't magically change that.

Although you may be right, you will never win this argument. Very few, if any Seattle fans will ever admit there is a better CB tandem than what they have.