• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona, NY and NE best corners in the game,,, wait what?

indypatfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN had to get in their mandatory NY and NE tv market schlong sucking with this article.

And here will come with an entire weekend of hysteria level coverage of the Jets QB situation from EastcoastSportsPropagandaNetwork

I can not agree with your east coast take in general. I think in Boston,New York, Phila, Washington and Pitt their are more Hockey fans then basketball fans. Yet they hardly give any coverage. With the NBA all talk is the Heat as champs,as it should be, and two bad teams. (Nicks and Lakers) In baseball I thinks pretty even. Good teams and big market get covered. For example the Cubs that have not won in over a 100 yr. get covered more then the Royals,Brewers and Twins put together. So too sum it up. Be "Big Market" or be good to get ESPN too get covered. Nothing to do with the East Coast.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston doesn't give a shit about hockey... Neither does anyone else.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dennard a lot. But Browners signing implies that BB is not as confident in the existing depth as you are.

No, it implies that given the free agent market and our available cap space/lack of holes, we could afford a luxury depth/matchup guy.

He won't start over dennard. He probably won't play over Logan Ryan either.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it implies that given the free agent market and our space/lack of holes, we could afford a luxury depth/matchup guy.

He won't start over dennard. He probably won't play over Logan Ryan either.

Look at the last two free agent periods, teams are way more cap minded now and even 5-6 mil is a lot for a street agent, especially one that's going to sit out the first 1/4 of the season. BB is no fool, he's not going to throw a contract out there like that if he's convinced that the current guys have it handled.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It locks us into nothing, we have a very young team on a lot of rookie contracts, and there aren't a lot of roster spots even available to be filled.

It's a luxury signing that adds flexibility to the defense. Even as the fourth corner he could see the field a fair bit. Nickel is the new base and dime packages (mostly sub looks) are regular occurences.

Last edited by a moderator:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread continued.... Stats don't tell the whole story.

Haha, of course you think that cause the stats prove you wrong. Stats say seattles corners are best in league, stats also say cromartie was atrocious last year.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, of course you think that cause the stats prove you wrong. Stats say seattles corners are best in league, stats also say cromartie was atrocious last year.

Really? explain how I am wrong? Are you saying stats are the only determining factor in evaluating ones skill? All I said is stats don't tell the whole story. I think 95% of NFL fans would agree. I have never made one argument about who has the best CB's in the league. You might want to actually read the posts before you tell someone they are proven wrong. You come off looking like an assclown. :nono:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browners signing is for one reason. Most every team is now copying BB with a two TE set. These phenoms are 6.6 linebackers with hands. No one can match up Gronk, and I assure you Mr Thomas in Denver will see the reason this dude was signed.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browners signing is for one reason. Most every team is now copying BB with a two TE set. These phenoms are 6.6 linebackers with hands. No one can match up Gronk, and I assure you Mr Thomas in Denver will see the reason this dude was signed.

We'll see... But that's completely different than how Seattle used him. He never lined up on tight ends, or in the slot.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his skill set, though. Bigger guys who aren't ankle breakers are basically the perfect matchup.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his skill set, though. Bigger guys who aren't ankle breakers are basically the perfect matchup.

It would appear that way on paper buts that's not how Seattle used him, and they got as much as anyone could have imagined. His game was much more about beating the shit out of guys at the LOS and using his length to recover downfield, than it was about pure coverage matchups. Maybe BB will use him differently, maybe not.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is he can't crack the lineup as a corner. He's the fourth guy probably, and the fifth guy is much better in the slot than he is.

4 corner 1 safety is likely to be a relatively common nickel look against certain teams next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is he can't crack the lineup as a corner. He's the fourth guy probably, and the fifth guy is much better in the slot than he is.

4 corner 1 safety is likely to be a relatively common nickel look against certain teams next year.

He was a starter and an impact player on a far better defense with much better CB depth than NE. Now he gets a big contract from them and will be relegated to the #4 spot?

I'll believe it when I see it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better defense? Sure. Better CB depth? I disagree. Sherman's the second best in football, but after him no one is stellar. It's the safeties that make your secondary so good. It's a hell of a lot easier to play defense when you have two elite safeties taking away 3/4 of the routes.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better defense? Sure. Better CB depth? I disagree. Sherman's the second best in football, but after him no one is stellar. It's the safeties that make your secondary so good. It's a hell of a lot easier to play defense when you have two elite safeties taking away 3/4 of the routes.

It also makes the safeties job easier when they can leave the guys outside one on one. Which Seattle does with a multitude of CBs, proving their depth.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also makes the safeties job easier when they can leave the guys outside one on one. Which Seattle does with a multitude of CBs, proving their depth.

C'mon man, it's obvious your safeties make it easier on the CB's. You went from Browner to Thurmond to Maxwell. So you are saying you had top notch CB's just sitting on the bench? When you combine your safeties with Sherman, your other CB is going to get all the coverage rolled toward him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, it's obvious your safeties make it easier on the CB's. You went from Browner to Thurmond to Maxwell. So you are saying you had top notch CB's just sitting on the bench? When you combine your safeties with Sherman, your other CB is going to get all the coverage rolled toward him.

The Seahawks don't roll coverage, they use 1 safety practically as an extra LB and the other one as a single-high centerfield roamer. The Seahawks CBs do what they do one on one.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the two games I watched in detail, one live, one on TV, the high safety was being rolled toward the CB opposite Sherman for at least 3/4 of the passing plays. It is possible the majority of the other games were different.

BTW - I'm not calling you out or saying you are wrong, that's just what I witnessed.