• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Forecast: It should be chilly tonight, with a 40% chance of rain (and anyone from Western Washington knows that's more like 80). Arizona has played in nothing but good weather/conditions all season, and a high powered pass offense could have issues with a wet ball.

Turnovers: Carson Palmer has thrown 8 INTs in 3 games (including 5 in one), and a slippery ball isn't going to make this any easier. Cardinals also put the ball on the turf quite often (8 FL in 8 games), so look for Seattle to try and strip the ball.

Russell Wilson: Wilson has turned it on the second half every season he's been in the league. Look for him to turn it up with the home stretch coming and a playoff spot (and possibly a division title) within his sight.

Negatives:

#2 Offense: I love our defense, but they've had issues against top offenses. 4th quarter meltdowns have all happened against top offenses, and the Cardinals are as high octane on that side of the ball as anyone.

Chris Johnson: Nothing can spell doom for our defense than a well balanced offense, and Johnson is having a resurrection from the NFL graveyard this season. Tackling is going to have to be better than it has been, and Johnson can make any small hole into a break out run, so flowing to the ball has to be quick and disciplined.

John Brown: Carey Williams has had issues when facing top WRs, and if Sherman tails Fitzgerald, then Williams will have Brown. Williams' problems in the Bengals game were so huge because Green wasn't the only top notch receiver that Cincy had - and Brown is a pretty good WR. If he suits up- Brown could give Seattle problems.

Matchups:

Larry Fitzgerald vs. Richard Sherman: Sherman is now shadowing the #1 of the opponents, and Fitzgerald has had a revitalized season. This matchup is vital for both teams - whoever wins this has a massive leg up in this game.

Michael Floyd vs. ???: Floyd is probably one of the best #3 WRs in the league, while Seattle will have a host of CBs covering him, from back up safety Shead (who has played the NB better than I expected), a mistake prone Williams, or a recently returned from injury Burley. His numbers may not be as impressive this season, but there may be more targets available for him this game.

Bye vs. Bye: It's fairly rare for a game to feature two teams coming off their bye weeks, but that's exactly what is happening today. Seattle has played just 1 game in more than 3 weeks, and that little action will be a recipe for a fairly stagnant offense to become rusty. Which team will come in better prepared with the extra time, or will one or both just come in out of sync.

Overview:

Both teams need this game, Seattle to move within a game of both the division and the playoffs and to start a another late season run, Arizona to put a strangle hold on the division and to quite those who say they haven't played anyone, yet. It's kind've cliche to say, but this could be the first playoff like game of the regular season this season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying 24-20, Hawks. Cards have played one good D all year -- the Rams at home -- and lost. Our D is somewhat quietly snapping right back into form: 2nd in the NFL in total D and 2nd in points. Hawks 9-0 under PC in prime time at home. Making it 10 today.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need this game more, we put ourselves in a little hole early and this would put us over .500, plus it would get us within one game in the division .... WE need this one.... No sugar coating it....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to win this one. Like our chances, feel like the defense is back to form and the OL is improving. Worried about Lynch, if he's not up to snuff hope the Seahawks turn to Rawls without hesitation.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking around the NFL today has left me scratching my head. Seems like the day is full of upsets so far, Would the Hawks winning or losing be a upset? How the season has unfolded i think a win would be a very small upset :P so i say 18-17 ( Seattle with 6 FG's as the offense continues to stink it up in the redzone )

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hoping for a safe and peaceful game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling good about tonight, I think our defense will play lights out and our offense shows improvement. Hawks win 27-13.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Hawks!!!!

I love seeing these guys on prime time games!!

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this game ought to set the tone for the rest of the year, hope the Seahawks are up for the challenge. They seem to have lost some of mojo, I hope they start getting it back tonight and start their roll towards the Championship. Well rested team, at home, prime time, all things point to a positive outcome, cept for the worthy opponent tonight. I'm hoping for the Seahawks of the last couple years show up and Jimmy Graham to show his worth.
Have no idea what will happen, it's been a topsy turvy NFL season so far this year, but hopin we get the train rollin in the right direction.
Vive Le France and vive Le Seahawks!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leeetttss goooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad call

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weak fucking call.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it sure didn't take the refs long to make up a call.