• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Analyze your team's draft...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would have taken Reddish. But he is not exactly a lock to hit.

I am okay with Hachimura.

And in typical fashion, you are greatly exaggerating your position.

There were 3 players at the top and a jumbled mess after that. There were a few that got more hype than others, but the reality is that there are a lot of players drafted after 3 who project as solid pros. Very few stars there.

And the high upside plays like Reddish and Garland are not without a lot of risk.
I dont know if there was one mock draft I saw that did not have the same 8 guys going in the same 8 picks.

-i am sure you are "okay" with him because its an "okay" kind of pick.

There was a consensus top 8 guys in this draft-- Zion, Morant, Barrett, and Garland, Hunter, Culver, White, Reddish.

I thought that the Wiz were #9 on the outside looking in. The Pelicans took a center- Hayes- who was in the next tier of guys. That left the Wiz with one of the 8 consensus best guys on the board.

And they took Hachimura...which is "okay"- he was firmly in the next tier of talent- but where they are, with the talent they have, I believe it was a clear mistake.

You are right...it was an "okay" pick. Not laughable by any means, but seems like an overdraft.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this guy and his story

3582E17D-4B8C-457B-8D10-611CE33D0A2C.jpeg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if there was one mock draft I saw that did not have the same 8 guys going in the same 8 picks.

-i am sure you are "okay" with him because its an "okay" kind of pick.

There was a consensus top 8 guys in this draft-- Zion, Morant, Barrett, and Garland, Hunter, Culver, White, Reddish.

I thought that the Wiz were #9 on the outside looking in. The Pelicans took a center- Hayes- who was in the next tier of guys. That left the Wiz with one of the 8 consensus best guys on the board.

And they took Hachimura...which is "okay"- he was firmly in the next tier of talent- but where they are, with the talent they have, I believe it was a clear mistake.

You are right...it was an "okay" pick. Not laughable by any means, but seems like an overdraft.

And I don't disagree with any of that.

They are picking 9 for a reason. The are not very good and the only realistic pathway for significant improvement with the state of the roster is hitting a Paul George, Kawhi or Giannis type player in the late lottery.

Which is why I would have taken Reddish or maybe even Doumbouya.

At the same time though, the Wizards have always made the solid 45 win ceiling play for literally my entire life. As a result, they have not won 50 games since the year I was born and they have only surpasses 45 wins twice in that time.

So I can either choose to be constantly pissed off at the reality of the situation or I can choose to accept something I have absolutely no control over.

I think Hachimura is solid. Once Wall comes back at 70% of what he was and Beal extends the Wizards will be right back in that low to mid 40s purgatory win range again with no real method to improve the roster.

That is my reality.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more excited about the Warriors' 2nd round picks and signing Ky Bowman than I am about the first round pick. This is probably a bad thing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more excited about the Warriors' 2nd round picks and signing Ky Bowman than I am about the first round pick. This is probably a bad thing.

Or maybe it is a good thing?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't disagree with any of that.

They are picking 9 for a reason. The are not very good and the only realistic pathway for significant improvement with the state of the roster is hitting a Paul George, Kawhi or Giannis type player in the late lottery.

Which is why I would have taken Reddish or maybe even Doumbouya.

At the same time though, the Wizards have always made the solid 45 win ceiling play for literally my entire life. As a result, they have not won 50 games since the year I was born and they have only surpasses 45 wins twice in that time.

So I can either choose to be constantly pissed off at the reality of the situation or I can choose to accept something I have absolutely no control over.

I think Hachimura is solid. Once Wall comes back at 70% of what he was and Beal extends the Wizards will be right back in that low to mid 40s purgatory win range again with no real method to improve the roster.

That is my reality.
what's funny with everyone loving them some Griff he takes little to no grief for passing on Reddish.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's funny with everyone loving them some Griff he takes little to no grief for passing on Reddish.

Yeah, I don't love Hayes over Reddish, or technically speaking all those other guys he passed on when he moved down.

But I do love the rest. The accumulation of picks, swaps and young players is pretty awesome. Time will tell if he is able to build a winner, but he is off to a good start.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "B" for Hochimura?

drafting Hochimura over Reddish was pure idiocy.

It was an 8 player draft at the top.

they were lucky and had one of the top 8 drop to them at 9 and fucked it up
Cam Reddish looks like fools good.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in love with fake Dikembe.

Would have preferred Fernando if they wanted a big.

Maybe the Clippers are preparing for life without Montrzl..

They shit the bed with Robinson last year.

So, did that scare them off on Porter Jr.?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in love with fake Dikembe.

Would have preferred Fernando if they wanted a big.

Maybe the Clippers are preparing for life without Montrzl..

They shit the bed with Robinson last year.

So, did that scare them off on Porter Jr.?

You think they could sign Harrell to a nice, affordable long-term deal?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they could sign Harrell to a nice, affordable long-term deal?
Long-term, yes.

Affordable, no.

They kept him on a 2/12 deal that expires after the Season.

So far, who outside of Draymond, Brow and maybe Lowry, DeRozan will be highly sought after free agents next year?

There will be many good, not great, guys that get overpaid.

He's gonna get a hefty raise.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long-term, yes.

Affordable, no.

They kept him on a 2/12 deal that expires after the Season.

So far, who outside of Draymond, will be a highly covered free agent next year?

There will be many good, not great, guys that get overpaid.

He's gonna get a hefty raise.

I’m thinking 2K lol. They would also sign him on a 4/64 or 4/60 deal lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

We got AD and probably gonna get another good player.....and some role players to round out the team.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ still on Cloud 10 (I upgraded, LOL). in my personal life....if you wanna bring me down, bring it. I'm fucking bulletproof......the 4th is gonna be lit as the kids say.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

We got AD and probably gonna get another good player.....and some role players to round out the team.

Role players matter A LOT especially in the playoffs, especially if an injury were to happen

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean between Ingram, Holliday and Bell they really didnt have a need...i know you dont go on need at that point, but they had a big need at center.....you dont want zion having to play and guard the 5....those 2 can grow together.

plus zion and reddish didnt seem to work in college...

i mean dont get me wrong id have prob. taken reddish there regardless becuause of the general weakness of this draft after that second tier, but i can see the fit there in New Orleans. Hayes was probably over drafted though and i dont like that pick a whole lot either.

I dunno, its a guard/wing lead. I would never take a center thats pretty much limited to center in the lotto unless it was a guy i just couldnt go without. You cant go wrong drafting wings or guards that can shoot the 3 in the NBA nowadays.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it is a good thing?

Maybe, but 2nd rounders usually don't do much. Hell, late first rounders usually don't either, unless you're the San Antonio Spurs.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all he did was provide some solid minutes in an NBA finals game that helped us to win a championship then he was worth his weight for that brief period of time. I still think if he wasn't a dumbass and resigned with the Warriors this year his development would have been much better, but you can't help players that don't want to be helped. Instead of McKinney out there that would have been McCaw's role. He would have been given a chance to shine.

You nailed it for him possibly being out of the league in a few years. You were absolutely wrong about the rotation part, but that's water under the bridge.

Hell, had he stayed, McCaw would probably be our starting small forward next season.