• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An inspring night tonight, and a sign of things to come in the NBA...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parity, sweet parity...

Big markets don't guarantee success in this league anymore like it did in the early parts of this decade. The working class at last has value in this league, and the Cavs were able to hoist the town's first trophy in 50 years. And me being a Cubs fan, it gives me more incentive to root for cursed franchises like this.

Give credit where credit is due.

As much as I hated LeBron for how he conducted himself during his four years in Miami, this series has proven just how much has grown up.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a correction to another thread created tonight...Draymond Green, you just cost your team the title this year...Karma is a bitch....You grabbing another man's junk turned the whole series around.:doh:

And we all know that @bksballer89 is looking for any scapegoats he can for seeing Dan Gilbert's team raise that trophy.:heh:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big or small markets don't exist anymore in this league with money being so rampant both in the league and in endorsements.

If you have a management team willing to spend the money, you too could get an all-star cast roster like Cleveland.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big or small markets don't exist anymore in this league with money being so rampant both in the league and in endorsements.

If you have a management team willing to spend the money, you too could get an all-star cast roster like Cleveland.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, the Cavaliers have the highest payroll in all of the league, which makes the OP's post a bit odd.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, the Cavaliers have the highest payroll in all of the league, which makes the OP's post a bit odd.

By "working class" I was mostly referring to the city of Cleveland in general, not the Cavs payroll, but OD makes a good point...

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect how the Cavs put it all together for the playoffs after a regular season where they looked shaky at times with plenty of distracting drama that followed them naturally. It also wasn't just LeBron doing all of the work. Irving only had 1 bad game in the finals.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parity? The finals was a repeat of last year and if I was a betting man I'd say that Cavs/Warriors will be the finals in 2016-2017. Also, even without knowing what happens in the offseason the odds are that there are at most 5 teams who going into next season have an actual chance to win it all. I understand saying Cavs did it in a smaller market, but they had a big market team. They paid a lot to bring together a big 3, gave their 2nd PF a shit ton of money, and made some smart trades. I'm happy they won though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parity, sweet parity...

Big markets don't guarantee success in this league anymore like it did in the early parts of this decade. The working class at last has value in this league, and the Cavs were able to hoist the town's first trophy in 50 years. And me being a Cubs fan, it gives me more incentive to root for cursed franchises like this.

Give credit where credit is due.

As much as I hated LeBron for how he conducted himself during his four years in Miami, this series has proven just how much has grown up.

How he conducted himself during his four years in Miami?
List of things he did wrong please...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a correction to another thread created tonight...Draymond Green, you just cost your team the title this year...Karma is a bitch....You grabbing another man's junk turned the whole series around.:doh:

And we all know that @bksballer89 is looking for any scapegoats he can for seeing Dan Gilbert's team raise that trophy.:heh:

?? The Cavs won the game where Green didn't play going away. There is a pretty good chance that they win that game even if Green plays. Green didn't cost the Warriors the series. If the rest of his team plays as well as him last night there is a good chance that the Warriors win.

The Cavs defense and hustle won them this series. The sporadic play of Curry and Thompson also contributed to their series loss. Who cares about scapegoats - just give credit to the Cavs for a well deserved series win.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San antonio is a big market?? huh...

Yep & the OKC Thunder have been to the finals, almost made it this season & if they retain Durant have to always be considered a major contender. I would hardly call that area a big market. With social & traditional media bigger than ever we live in a smaller world & this idea that a sports team needs be in LA, NY or Chicago is really dated.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't San Antonio like the 7th most populated city in the country? Not exactly a small market.

Just recently has their population grown significantly. They're not considered a big market compared to an LA or NY.