• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Indians

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you FUCKING kidding me? If Aaron Judge wins the MVP that award is an equally fucked up decision. I can certainly see Altuve having a good case. Valuable players do not hit .198 and get benched for 3 weeks because they can't hit their own cajones. And yes, before you stat heads get all butthurt about how much avg. is so yesteryear...I'll let you in on a secret.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT

Who got benched for 3 weeks?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. Let's clear this up, then. You think it would be a PR nuclear disaster if Joe Girardi was not the manager of the New York Yankees after this season? Why for?
Certainly, they have a young roster with budding stars. He has an impressive resume as Yankee Manager. Next to Torre I think he maybe the most identifiable to fans. Similar to how our fathers' generation probably viewed Casey Stengel. As much as it pains me to admit, the Yankees are still climbing toward the apex with this group of core players and I cannot think of someone who would be a better fit as skipper.

*Disclaimer
I have never, nor will I ever be asked to run a major league franchise, so I really don't know shit. But you asked for my opinion

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly, they have a young roster with budding stars. He has an impressive resume as Yankee Manager. Next to Torre I think he maybe the most identifiable to fans. Similar to how our fathers' generation probably viewed Casey Stengel. As much as it pains me to admit, the Yankees are still climbing toward the apex with this group of core players and I cannot think of someone who would be a better fit as skipper.

*Disclaimer
I have never, nor will I ever be asked to run a major league franchise, so I really don't know shit. But you asked for my opinion

Gotcha. I just know a lot of Yankees fans are calling for his head.

Honestly, if the Indians win tomorrow night, I think it might be a PR nightmare for the Yankees to keep him.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6'7 orangish sasquatch ....and yes I greatly over exaggerated that statement as it was more like 2 games. But I stand behind my statement. An MVP he is not

So your reasoning on why he has no business winning MVP is based on an admitted gross exaggeration....

giphy.gif

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge leads in WAR and it's not even close.

More surprising is how poorly Sale pitches to not reach 8 WAR this year. He was at 7 war by like august IIRC.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I just know a lot of Yankees fans are calling for his head.

Honestly, if the Indians win tomorrow night, I think it might be a PR nightmare for the Yankees to keep him.
Absolutely, I have been seeing that as well. After Friday's melt down I had to give Girardi some credit for openly admitting he made some bad decisions that may have cost them the game. You and I both know that was little consolation Yankee fans.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your reasoning on why he has no business winning MVP is based on an admitted gross exaggeration....

giphy.gif
I am not exaggerating his sucky assed performance at the plate. Shit ton of HR's yes...but I recall a few years ago Adam Dunn had similar numbers (40+ Hr's and barely hit .200) No way you were going to call him an MVP candidate.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not exaggerating his sucky assed performance at the plate. Shit ton of HR's yes...but I recall a few years ago Adam Dunn had similar numbers (40+ Hr's and barely hit .200) No way you were going to call him an MVP candidate.

Judge barely hit .200 for the year like Dunn?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yanks fans in here crying, calling the series over, calling for Girardi's head.. seems so long ago. Now we are heading into game 5 winner takes all

And if they lose, Girardi deserves every bit the firing he gets, because last night should have been a series win celebration if not for him

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you FUCKING kidding me? If Aaron Judge wins the MVP that award is an equally fucked up decision. I can certainly see Altuve having a good case. Valuable players do not hit .198 and get benched for 3 weeks because they can't hit their own cajones. And yes, before you stat heads get all butthurt about how much avg. is so yesteryear...I'll let you in on a secret.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT

I may not be the only person here that doesnt know who you are talking about

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, I have been seeing that as well. After Friday's melt down I had to give Girardi some credit for openly admitting he made some bad decisions that may have cost them the game. You and I both know that was little consolation Yankee fans.

one post after another of inaccurate information

Joe Girardi got lambasted by the media and fans after his press conference Friday night, where he gave the most lame excuses EVER for why he didnt challenge the play and other decisions

His agent, or some PR person got in his ear about how his explanation was being received, and on Saturday, he came out and said "I made a mistake"

he didnt own it until he was advised or told to own it

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Judge led the league or was 2nd or 3rd in almost every single important offensive category

Just like Adam Dunn used to do

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber is going to put this team on his back and pitch a fucking GEM tomorrow night. 8 IP, 10 Ks, 1 BB, 1 ER.

Problem is, the way the offense is going right now, 8 IP 1 ER might = a loss.

They need to quit trying to kill the ball every AB and string some hits/walks together. Sabathia isnt exactly a world beater, don't make him look like one.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, the way the offense is going right now, 8 IP 1 ER might = a loss.

That's what I would expect a pessimistic fan to say.

A realistic fan would acknowledge the fact that while they've had their struggles, the Indians' offense has scored an average of 4 runs a game this series and that if Kluber went 8 innings, allowing only one run, the odds would be very good that the Indians would win that game.

The Yankees' offense has been held to one or fewer runs twenty-three times this year. They are 1-22 in those games.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "fair-weather" fan is someone who is only around when the team is winning.

I'm a realistic fan, not a sunshine pumper. Fact is they are in big trouble of wasting a 102 win season right now by blowing a 2-0 lead in a 3 game series.

If you were realistic, you would've realized/acknowledged that the Yankees were going to be a tough opponent with their pitching staff. Instead, you're all surprised that it's 2-2 whereas a realistic person could've seen that happening given how good the Yankees were the final few weeks.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were realistic, you would've realized/acknowledged that the Yankees were going to be a tough opponent with their pitching staff. Instead, you're all surprised that it's 2-2 whereas a realistic person could've seen that happening given how good the Yankees were the final few weeks.

I'm not surprise it's 2-2, I expect this franchise to piss down their legs in the playoffs, theyve done it anytime theyve ever gotten there in my lifetime.