• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston had a better record than the Yanks. Vegas actually has Boston one and Houston two in the AL odds wise
I'd imagine a big part of that is because NY and Boston play each other and Hou plays Cle and also because Bos and Hou have HFA in the first round, no? I'm surprised Hou isn't #1 in the AL

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine a big part of that is because NY and Boston play each other and Hou plays Cle and also because Bos and Hou have HFA in the first round, no? I'm surprised Hou isn't #1 in the AL

I think Cleveland is a tougher out than people think. They've never been pushed all year and they have 4 starters with 200 K's. They're better built for the playoffs than the regular season.
Considering how many more Sox than Houston fans there are it's possible they set the Sox odds lower so they don't take a beating if they do win.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland is a tougher out than people think. They've never been pushed all year and they have 4 starters with 200 K's.

Well, maybe "capable of 200 K's." Carrasco topped out at 192 and Bauer hit 175 in 27 starts.

I'm interested to see what they do with their rotation? Bauer or Clevinger to the bullpen? Bauer was their best pitcher until he go hurt and Clevinger was ridiculously Kluber-like.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe "capable of 200 K's." Carrasco topped out at 192 and Bauer hit 175 in 27 starts.

I'm interested to see what they do with their rotation? Bauer or Clevinger to the bullpen? Bauer was their best pitcher until he go hurt and Clevinger was ridiculously Kluber-like.

Damn radio hosts lied to me!

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland is a tougher out than people think. They've never been pushed all year and they have 4 starters with 200 K's. They're better built for the playoffs than the regular season.
Considering how many more Sox than Houston fans there are it's possible they set the Sox odds lower so they don't take a beating if they do win.

I'm not saying I don't think Cleveland is a good team. They are, and they have good starting pitching and a good offense. They wouldn't have won their division by 20 games or whatever it was if they weren't.

I just think Houston is on another level, and it's Cleveland's misfortune to draw them in the first round.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot to mention the 3rd best offense in the majors. Maybe.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I don't think Cleveland is a good team. They are, and they have good starting pitching and a good offense. They wouldn't have won their division by 20 games or whatever it was if they weren't.

I just think Houston is on another level, and it's Cleveland's misfortune to draw them in the first round.

I hear ya, but I also thought the Indians were on a different level last year.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention the 3rd best offense in the majors. Maybe.

They have the bats too. At this point the only the Braves would surprise me if they won it all

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you, and don't disagree.

Had you just said, "I think the Astros are going to sweep the Indians," I'd have likely just called you a penis wrinkle. It was the whole 'I'd be SHOCKED if the Indians were even able to win a game' dealio that I took umbrage with.

That said, I think Cleveland is a much better team heading into this postseason than most are giving them credit for. That doesn't mean shit, though - a strong case could be made that the Indians were the best team in baseball last season, and they were done in the first round.

The MLB postseason is rife with crapshootidity.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but I also thought the Indians were on a different level last year.

Good point. I remember when Girardi blew game 2 and they went down 0-2- I thought there was no chance they could win 3 in a row against that team.

I was wrong then, Maybe I'm wrong now...........but I don't think so.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does somebody know the last time the Yankees had a payroll under $200m...besides this year?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I remember when Girardi blew game 2 and they went down 0-2- I thought there was no chance they could win 3 in a row against that team.

I was wrong then, Maybe I'm wrong now...........but I don't think so.

I was nervous as hell heading into that series. A lot of people were underestimating the Yankees.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, I'm nervous as hell heading into every series and postseason game.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, and don't disagree.

Had you just said, "I think the Astros are going to sweep the Indians," I'd have likely just called you a penis wrinkle. It was the whole 'I'd be SHOCKED if the Indians were even able to win a game' dealio that I took umbrage with.

That said, I think Cleveland is a much better team heading into this postseason than most are giving them credit for. That doesn't mean shit, though - a strong case could be made that the Indians were the best team in baseball last season, and they were done in the first round.

The MLB postseason is rife with crapshootidity.

Believe me I know.

I still remember 2006. Man I wanted the Tigers so bad because they had scuffled badly to end the season and I thought the LDS would be a cakewalk. It was a cakewalk...for the Tigers. Shit happens, pitchers tighten up, hitters squeeze their bats a little too hard, and suddenly it's the off-season.