• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabathia is whining about Hernandez called a terrible game at the plate. I didn't find him to be particularly bad calling balls and strikes at all.
the one he is most pissed about was a borderline high strike on xander i think in the 2nd. it was out of the zone. he gave up back to back hits after i believe, rather than strike 3.

hernandez was awful in the field, not bad last night.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabathia is whining about Hernandez called a terrible game at the plate. I didn't find him to be particularly bad calling balls and strikes at all.

Really the guy who should be complaining is Benintendi. That said he didn't help himself by having some pretty crappy ABs late in the game.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Kimbrel shaved a year off my life.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw that. Then I saw the guys on MLB Network saying it was the Sox who got squeezed by the ump the most. And it’s true. Especially the Benintendi AB in the 8th.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the guy who should be complaining is Benintendi. That said he didn't help himself by having some pretty crappy ABs late in the game.

CC was just lousy last night. 5 of the first 11 guys to face him reached base. Boone was horrible with his bullpen in these 2 games in NYC. Cora ran circles around him.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post hasn’t aged so well.

Nope.

Before the 9th inning last night, they had scored 2 runs in 17 innings at home. The most HR hitting-est team in history couldn't even manage one in 2 games. Sure as shit didn't see that coming.

Stanton is lucky Big Stein is no longer with us. He'd be getting crucified today in the press.

And Boone would get the Dick Howser treatment. (which I think is deserved-Cora managed circles around him)

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts about Kimbrel...
Favorite movie - Firestarter
Favorite song - Putting Out Fire With Gasoline
Hobby - Arson

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Before the 9th inning last night, they had scored 2 runs in 17 innings at home. The most HR hitting-est team in history couldn't even manage one in 2 games. Sure as shit didn't see that coming.

Stanton is lucky Big Stein is no longer with us. He'd be getting crucified today in the press.

And Boone would get the Dick Howser treatment. (which I think is deserved-Cora managed circles around him)

-I’m as surprised as you are about the Yankees’ offense disappearing in NY. Eovaldi and Porcello just seem to have their number this year.
-Not sure what Boone was waiting for with Severino or CC when he could have gone to that killer bullpen.
-Stanton was completely invisible in the series. I think it speaks volumes that he was the one guy that Kimbrel breezed right through in the 9th.
-Boone is a bit of a novelty act as a manager. Hiring him was a decision that never really made sense. That said, his team is going to be loaded for at least the next several years and he will have another few shots at it.

Last edited:

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I’m as surprised as you are about the Yankees’ offense disappearing in NY. Eovaldi and Porcello just seem to have their number this year.
-Not sure what Boone was waiting for with Severino or CC when he could have gone to that killer bullpen.
-Stanton was completely invisible in the series. I think it speaks volumes that he was the one guy that Kimbrel breezed right through in the 9th.
-Boone is a bit of a novelty act as a manager. Hiring him was a decision that never really made sense. That said, his team is going to be loaded for at least the next several years and he will have another few shots at it.

If Boone remains, there needs to be some changes to his staff. Thames & Nevin should stay, everyone else should be gone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Severino was completely baffling. IMO, the criticisms of Boone for not pulling CC out are more results oriented.

Severino was getting hit hard from the 1st batter. CC was giving up hits but wasn't really getting hard. I can understand the logic of trying to get him to last until the 8th.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boone remains, there needs to be some changes to his staff. Thames & Nevin should stay, everyone else should be gone.

Sounds like you would replace Boone?

Has any other road team ever won 4 playoff games in a row in Yankee Stadium?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Severino was completely baffling. IMO, the criticisms of Boone for not pulling CC out are more results oriented.

Severino was getting hit hard from the 1st batter. CC was giving up hits but wasn't really getting hard. I can understand the logic of trying to get him to last until the 8th.

Just no urgency from Booney in either game. I’m not sure what the hell he was waiting for. They didn’t need more than 2-3 innings from CC last night with all the good guys in the bullpen rested and ready-to-go. He needed to manage last night like it was the Wild Card game. CC wasn’t really fooling anyone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just no urgency from Booney in either game. I’m not sure what the hell he was waiting for. They didn’t need more than 2-3 innings from CC last night with all the good guys in the bullpen rested and ready-to-go. He needed to manage last night like it was the Wild Card game. CC wasn’t really fooling anyone.

He wanted CC to get through the 3rd as that would line up his bullpen the best. It makes sense.

It didn't work but arguing that Boone should have pulled his starter at the first moment of pressure doesn't make sense to me.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you would replace Boone?

Has any other road team ever won 4 playoff games in a row in Yankee Stadium?

I wouldn't have hired Boone in the first place.

Yeah, they talked about it last night-Tigers won 4 in a row from 2011-2012.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all fucking sucks.

I don't think you could pick four more unrootable teams for the League Series.

Maybe if you swapped out the Astros for the White Sox.

Fuck baseball. And if you're reading this, fuck you.