• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested again

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the injury lawsuit, the gun charges, the dui, drug rehab, and the clearly impending suspension as a result of all this..... We might as well settle into the reality of this, that Aldon's problems are going to attempt to be a diversion for the next two or three years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ugh. Kind of figured this would be coming, though I must admit it had slipped my mind. Aldon has got to get his life in order immediately. Hopefully his treatment program will help him to do so. I would think given that he purchased and owned the guns legally, he might be able to plead to a misdemeanor, but I don't know much about this type of charge.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they say he could probably plead them down to misdemeanors, but that NFL suspension looks to get longer.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers

NBC Bay Area reports 49ers OLB Aldon Smith is facing three felony weapons charges stemming from an alleged shooting that occurred at Smith's house in June 2012.

When it rains, it pours. The Santa Clara County D.A. has filed three felony charges of possession of assault weapons against Smith. In early September, two civil lawsuits were field against Smith after two guests at one of his house parties were shot. Smith wasn't the shooter, but he's being held responsible since the incident occurred on his property. Smith was stabbed at the same party. Of course, Smith is already on leave from the team after police arrested him for DUI and possession of marijuana September 20. He's currently in rehab.
Source: NBC Bay Area

Oct 9 - 3:03 PM

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he bought the guns legally in Arizona but didn't modify them to comply with California law. Not to excuse him, and I am not an NRA fan, but that seems like something most times would get a misdemeanor deal.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he bought the guns legally in Arizona but didn't modify them to comply with California law. Not to excuse him, and I am not an NRA fan, but that seems like something most times would get a misdemeanor deal.

Oh boy!

As long as he didn't aim to shoot anyone at the party he should get a slap on the hand and rehab will also help. Now he just needs to follows through with the program and realize that you cannot misbehave and not get into trouble.

I hope the nfl punishes him beginning of next season, fingers crossed.. damn this hurts....oh well..

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of those situations where it's like...use your fucking head. As much as I love him on the team and we need him... get your shit together or get rid of him. His choices are just a black eye on a franchise. If after all of this, he still can't get it together he doesn't deserve to be on the team. There are plenty of guys who had the same type of upbringing, same neighborhood, same kind of friends and they are handling their shit just fine. It's sad. The guy is gonna ruin his career and even worse his life.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of those situations where it's like...use your fucking head. As much as I love him on the team and we need him... get your shit together or get rid of him. His choices are just a black eye on a franchise. If after all of this, he still can't get it together he doesn't deserve to be on the team. There are plenty of guys who had the same type of upbringing, same neighborhood, same kind of friends and they are handling their shit just fine. It's sad. The guy is gonna ruin his career and even worse his life.
He will most likely plea down the felony weapons charge as they did not charge him that night. He can easily convert them to meet CA laws.He did not shoot them..they were found after a search. The other issue of that same night is about a civil suit.A claim is made that he fired shots from a handgun into the air.....no charges filed. His latest DUI could be a bit of an issue but at least ran to the rehab. In the end...I agree he needs to get his shit together and the 9ers need to decide if he is worth all of this negative attention. These civil/law suits will take some time to get resolved so who knows who how long, if, when any punishment will be handed out .

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He will most likely plea down the felony weapons charge as they did not charge him that night. He can easily convert them to meet CA laws.He did not shoot them..they were found after a search. The other issue of that same night is about a civil suit.A claim is made that he fired shots from a handgun into the air.....no charges filed. His latest DUI could be a bit of an issue but at least ran to the rehab. In the end...I agree he needs to get his shit together and the 9ers need to decide if he is worth all of this negative attention. These civil/law suits will take some time to get resolved so who knows who how long, if, when any punishment will be handed out .

The guns will almost certainly be forfeited as a term of any plea deal.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing last night with the rangers.....

:suds:

:laugh3:

:suds:

Ugh horrible game lol, I'm surprised none of the sharks faithful are talking bout it. That kid hertl is a beast. Sick last goal he had.

At least we have won a game unlike the devils.....:behindsofa:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guns will almost certainly be forfeited as a term of any plea deal.
If needed ,for sure. I live in CT...well aware of what to buy and what the laws are but they will work with you to make them legal and not charge you with a felony unless they were converted to automatics...then you are screwed!

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers

NBC Bay Area reports 49ers OLB Aldon Smith is facing three felony weapons charges stemming from an alleged shooting that occurred at Smith's house in June 2012.

When it rains, it pours. The Santa Clara County D.A. has filed three felony charges of possession of assault weapons against Smith. In early September, two civil lawsuits were field against Smith after two guests at one of his house parties were shot. Smith wasn't the shooter, but he's being held responsible since the incident occurred on his property. Smith was stabbed at the same party. Of course, Smith is already on leave from the team after police arrested him for DUI and possession of marijuana September 20. He's currently in rehab.
Source: NBC Bay Area

Oct 9 - 3:03 PM

What will Goodell do?

:gaah:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If needed ,for sure. I live in CT...well aware of what to buy and what the laws are but they will work with you to make them legal and not charge you with a felony unless they were converted to automatics...then you are screwed!

Yeah, that's possible. I'm not terribly familiar with the case of buying legal guns out of state and failing to alter them.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the injury lawsuit, the gun charges, the dui, drug rehab, and the clearly impending suspension as a result of all this..... We might as well settle into the reality of this, that Aldon's problems are going to attempt to be a diversion for the next two or three years.

Considering he's turning himself in at the end of the month for the weapons charges and is due to appear in court on November 4 for the DUI, this signifies the worst case scenario possible. You mentioned a period of time over the next 2 - 3 years, but the problem is, will he be around by then?

From these charges on top of his rehab and a certain suspension by the league, it's conceivable Aldon will miss the rest of the season. It's also possible he could have played his last game as a Niner. Anne Killion had commented on that on today's Yahoo Sports Live. Even if he were eligible to play since in the U.S. you are technically innocent til proven guilty, how effective do we think he can be with all of these issues simultaneously clouding him?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he's turning himself in at the end of the month for the weapons charges and is due to appear in court on November 4 for the DUI, this signifies the worst case scenario possible. You mentioned a period of time over the next 2 - 3 years, but the problem is, will he be around by then?

From these charges on top of his rehab and a certain suspension by the league, it's conceivable Aldon will miss the rest of the season. It's also possible he could have played his last game as a Niner. Anne Killion had commented on that on today's Yahoo Sports Live. Even if he were eligible to play since in the U.S. you are technically innocent til proven guilty, how effective do we think he can be with all of these issues simultaneously clouding him?

Any suspension by the league I highly doubt cost him this season. He has already missed 2 games, and Von Miller only got 6 for getting caught trying to cheat a drug test. Aldon should get a 4 game suspension, but no worst than the 6 Miller got. That's either 2 or 4 more games without Aldon which we're going to be anyway. It's highly possible they don't even bother to suspend him for the DUI since he's not playing anyway. The 49ers and Aldon have basically handled the problem themselves. The gun charge could be a problem next year though.

I still think it's a dumb charge. Charge the guy hosting the party that was stabbed while trying to maintain order and get people causing trouble to leave. That's the legal system for you though. Why go hard after the problem makers when you can protect them and go after the big star NFL player. Who cares if people have Semi-Automatic guns in their house? As long as they stay in their house it does not matter if they have them or not.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any suspension by the league I highly doubt cost him this season. He has already missed 2 games, and Von Miller only got 6 for getting caught trying to cheat a drug test. Aldon should get a 4 game suspension, but no worst than the 6 Miller got. That's either 2 or 4 more games without Aldon which we're going to be anyway. It's highly possible they don't even bother to suspend him for the DUI since he's not playing anyway. The 49ers and Aldon have basically handled the problem themselves. The gun charge could be a problem next year though.

I still think it's a dumb charge. Charge the guy hosting the party that was stabbed while trying to maintain order and get people causing trouble to leave. That's the legal system for you though. Why go hard after the problem makers when you can protect them and go after the big star NFL player. Who cares if people have Semi-Automatic guns in their house? As long as they stay in their house it does not matter if they have them or not.

Word is he could get anywhere from a 2 to 4 game suspension, with 6 being a distinct possibility. However, let's not forget he is in rehab. Ratto mentioned the other other about the possibility of being in this anonymous inpatient facility for 5 weeks, but how would he know that? Frankly, neither you nor myself would actually know how long Aldon would be receiving this treatment for. I interned at an addiction center as part of my rotation and giving a timetable on a person's rehabilitation schedule is like giving a date on the apocalypse. I hope the best for this kid but his two DUI incidents is a sign of a much bigger problem where treatment can last months. That's why I mentioned that he could be gone for the season and perhaps longer if the Niners keep him - it's the combination of the suspension, his treatment, and possible jail time.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure these games he is missing would not count towards any suspension. He is getting paid right now by the team, so whatever the league suspends him would be in addition to whatever games he ends up missing due to his rehab.