• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested again

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've seen people talk about ignoring but I have no idea how to do it.

Click on their name -> Click "View Public Profile" -> Click "User Lists" -> Click "Add to Ignore List"

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click on their name -> Click "View Public Profile" -> Click "User Lists" -> Click "Add to Ignore List"

Never realized you could do that. He's officially ignored.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never realized you could do that. He's officially ignored.
I tried that once on another site I used to post on. It left me wondering who everyone was responding to. Gave up on it and just dealt with the dribble that comes out of some posters and saw it for what it is.....just dribble.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guys not dribble though. He's a waste of kilobytes. Honestly, I only read about 20-30% of the threads and probably less than half of the posts in those same threads. I doubt I'll wonder much.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All jokes aside. The motherfucker just called Aldon Smith a baboon. That is racist as fuck. Do as you seem fit.

How so? Do you consider his race to be less than human? Had I called Justin Smith a baboon would you be saying it was racist? It sounds like you have the racist issue. I'm calling him stupid; nothing more.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guys not dribble though. He's a waste of kilobytes. Honestly, I only read about 20-30% of the threads and probably less than half of the posts in those same threads. I doubt I'll wonder much.
Fair enough. I don't know most posters here ( still the new guy) so I don't know the history of any posters. I can only say that responding to trolls gives them what they want.....to de-rail a thread and get attention....such as this thread has been. Having been a mod on another site I know how trolls can be. That being said...back to the subject. I have Aldon getting three sacks today. I'm not buying into reports that he will have limited play. It's game day and the 9ers need him against the Colts.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This thread is off topic now, but I'll post this here anyway.

Mort just talked about it in detail and shed some light on the decision to play Smith. He said a consensus has been reached that Smith needs help with his substance abuse issues, but that right now, the 49ers can't do much in terms of punishing him. League officials have told him that under the CBA and Substance Abuse Policy, the team CANNOT suspend Smith, and even deactivating him is "under question". His playing time today may be limited. He will certainly be punished eventually, but right now his personal well being is the priority for the NFL and 49ers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I don't know most posters here ( still the new guy) so I don't know the history of any posters. I can only say that responding to trolls gives them what they want.....to de-rail a thread and get attention....such as this thread has been. Having been a mod on another site I know how trolls can be. That being said...back to the subject. I have Aldon getting three sacks today. I'm not buying into reports that he will have limited play. It's game day and the 9ers need him against the Colts.

I bet the 49ers make the symbolic, but worthless, gesture of holding him out of the first series so that they can claim the moral high ground. Ultimately it comes down to how vauable the player is.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that Aldon will be on the field early and often regardless of any reports otherwise. I guess we will see soon.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Polian revealed today that "the league" does not like it when teams suspend players unilaterally and they've made it aware to teams that that's their stance. They "encourage" teams to let the NFL handle any suspension. Something fans need to consider when they rant and rave.

Pozz, anyway you can provide me a link to this? Thanks.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pozz, anyway you can provide me a link to this? Thanks.

I can't. It was said on live television on "NFL Insiders". Chris Mortensen confirmed the same thing this morning on NFL Countdown by saying it falls under the league's substance abuse policy and the CBA. Although, I see someone on here doesn't feel like Mort knows what he's talking about. Go figure!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't. It was said on live television on "NFL Insiders". Chris Mortensen confirmed the same thing this morning on NFL Countdown by saying it falls under the league's substance abuse policy and the CBA. Although, I see someone on here doesn't feel like Mort knows what he's talking about. Go figure!

I rarely question your football knowledge but if you think a team cannot suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the team then I must do so.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jay Glazer:

Aldon Smith could enter rehab as early as this week. Those close to him and team are concerned about him and are pushing for it in order for him to get help. Has already been discussed

49ers working w Aldon on this totally independent of league punishment. There is genuine concern. It's up to Aldon to decide this week if he goes or not

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer:

Aldon Smith could enter rehab as early as this week. Those close to him and team are concerned about him and are pushing for it in order for him to get help. Has already been discussed

49ers working w Aldon on this totally independent of league punishment. There is genuine concern. It's up to Aldon to decide this week if he goes or not
That's actually good news. I would be happy to be wrong about him playing if he gets the help he really needs.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mortensen:

"Sources say that there's been a consensus reached that Smith needs treatment for his substance abuse issues after being arrested Friday morning. But the 49ers agree that he first get through this weekend active as a player."

"League officials confirm that under the CBA and the NFL Substance Abuse Policy the 49ers could not suspend Smith, taking him off the field for today's game, and deactivating him under the CBA's Conduct detrimental to the Club" clause is now under question. Goodell can not suspend Smith (for this game) because the case has yet to be adjudicated.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kind of building off of what Mort has said.

La Canfora:

NFL not planning discipline for Aldon Smith until legal process complete. But multiple game suspension possible

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool deal, thanks!!

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mortensen:

"Sources say that there's been a consensus reached that Smith needs treatment for his substance abuse issues after being arrested Friday morning. But the 49ers agree that he first get through this weekend active as a player."

"League officials confirm that under the CBA and the NFL Substance Abuse Policy the 49ers could not suspend Smith, taking him off the field for today's game, and deactivating him under the CBA's Conduct detrimental to the Club" clause is now under question. Goodell can not suspend Smith (for this game) because the case has yet to be adjudicated.

I remember when Brandon Jacobs was suspended by the 49ers for "conduct detrimental to the team," he filed a grievance.

Brandon Jacobs to file grievance against 49ers | ProFootballTalk