• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested again

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure these games he is missing would not count towards any suspension. He is getting paid right now by the team, so whatever the league suspends him would be in addition to whatever games he ends up missing due to his rehab.

This is why I don't expect much from the league. Aldon is effectively on a suspension right now. If money is an issue they can just fine him. Any suspended games tacked onto what he has already missed would put the league under fire from the NFLPA.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be time that we as fans must consider on how to "replace" Aldon with another up n coming pass rusher....

You can say we have Lemonade to work with however, Aldon in his rookie yr was much more impactful than Lemonade has shown thus far... We need to find a pass rusher from the OLB spot once again... grrr

Madskillz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrows was on knbr and said the 9ers expect him back this yr. any suspension would be next year. They have to wait for the legal process, which will take some time. Hel b back this yr

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh horrible game lol, I'm surprised none of the sharks faithful are talking bout it. That kid hertl is a beast. Sick last goal he had.

At least we have won a game unlike the devils.....:behindsofa:

Yeahhhhhhh

can't say anything to that LOL...:doh: :gaah:

3-0, 2-0 leads = OT losses.... :wtf2:

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrows was on knbr and said the 9ers expect him back this yr. any suspension would be next year. They have to wait for the legal process, which will take some time. Hel b back this yr

Heck yeah, come back Aldon-we need ya the start of Dec....Go Niners

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]388381724876353536[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per ESPN:

If convicted, Smith could face up to four years and four months in jail, the district attorney's office said.

"The preamble to the assault weapons law states that each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,'" District Attorney Jeff Rosen said. "California's prohibition of these powerful weapons is not about hunting or target practice. It is about interrupting the long history of death, carnage and grief assault weapons have inflicted on California communities."

Smith also is likely to face a suspension from the NFL, perhaps pushed back to next season or after his legal issues are resolved.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Santa Clara County district attorney's office said in announcing the charges that Smith, 24, is expected to surrender later this month. He is on an indefinite leave of absence from the defending NFC champion 49ers while undergoing treatment for substance abuse at an in-patient facility following a DUI arrest Sept. 20.

If they were extremely serious about prosecuting him to the fullest extent of the law, wouldn't they be issuing an arrest warrant instead of allowing him to finish his rehab and then turn himself in to face the charges? Or is this some sort of courtesy since they know he is currently in rehab?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Per ESPN:

If convicted, Smith could face up to four years and four months in jail, the district attorney's office said.

"The preamble to the assault weapons law states that each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,'" District Attorney Jeff Rosen said. "California's prohibition of these powerful weapons is not about hunting or target practice. It is about interrupting the long history of death, carnage and grief assault weapons have inflicted on California communities."

Smith also is likely to face a suspension from the NFL, perhaps pushed back to next season or after his legal issues are resolved.

Based on that quote, the DA isn't the type that will let the gun charges slide or be pled down seriously. But given the circumstances - that they were legally bought, but illegally possessed in California, I've heard this means the charges will be closer to the low end.

How I imagine - or hope - this and the DUI trouble will be settled is that he and the Niners will go to court with a phalanx of expensive lawyers, along with people from the organization and rehab vouching for him, presenting a plan showing he is working through issues. That he will have people around him constantly, dedicated to keeping him out of trouble. Shoot for a massive amount of community service and strict probation. And maybe he can get out of it without substantial jail time.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear the make, model and description of these ' assault weapons'...anyone have that info?

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear the make, model and description of these ' assault weapons'...anyone have that info?

According to NBC

Ammunition, magazines, and five rifles including -- an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber -- were found in Smith's home by Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NBC
So he just has some AR-15s. He could make them legal easily.....no folding stock, bayonet ,pistol grip ,etc....not sure about CA laws but he will not be facing charges for guns found that were not fired as a felony. All I can say is that CA is worse than CT when it come to gun laws....pathetic.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just understand that he didn't fire any of those long guns that he had in his possession.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just understand that he didn't fire any of those long guns that he had in his possession.

I think he is accused of firing one in the air at the party, then one of his friends fired it and then Delanie fired a pistol. Apparently they aren't pressing charges on Delanie because he only fired a pistol and nobody is going to convict him of shooting a pistol in the air as an attempt to disburse an unwanted crowd.

When this whole party and stabbing thing was discussed on here, I remember reading a story, maybe in that thread or another, but it mentioned that there were police reports filed by neighbors of someone firing an assault rifle in the area of Aldon's home. I'm not sure if this was about the party or another date.