• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested again

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Side rant- fuck stupid ass piece of shit laws like California's. What the fuck is a pistol grip goin to do? It can't make you shoot more rounds or adjust the rate of fire. The DA makes it sound like they are automatic weapons. But according to that list they are semiauto. I fucking hate the state of California. This whole bullshit on folding stocks, pistol grips, thumb hole stocks, pisses me off. It looks scary so it should be illegal even though making them illegal will change nothing. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! End rant.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know this was posted but interesting take on why the DA is prosecuting now.

Dubious felony weapons charges act as leverage against Aldon Smith in misdemeanor DUI case - Niners Nation

Personally I think all of this gets dropped to misdemeanors, gets community service with no jail time or probation, gets suspended 4 games next year and re-signs with the 49ers for 6-8 mil a year(with either heavy incentives or stipulations on games played)

Any suspension by the league will have to be handled with care. If they don't take into consideration time already missed due to the DUI the NFLPA will be all over them. I expect them to not do anything about the DUI and just say it was handled by the team and Aldon, and then suspend him for the gun charge based on the outcome. That would keep the NFLPA off the league's back.

The NFLPA will look to protect Aldon the same way they did Von Miller and the Saints players so I'm not worried about him missing all of this year or next year. I do think he misses some games next year though.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any suspension by the league will have to be handled with care. If they don't take into consideration time already missed due to the DUI the NFLPA will be all over them. I expect them to not do anything about the DUI and just say it was handled by the team and Aldon, and then suspend him for the gun charge based on the outcome. That would keep the NFLPA off the league's back.

The NFLPA will look to protect Aldon the same way they did Von Miller and the Saints players so I'm not worried about him missing all of this year or next year. I do think he misses some games next year though.

Yeah he's not getting suspended for a year. 4 games is the high side. Could easily be just 1 or 2 games.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It looks scary so it should be illegal even though making them illegal will change nothing.

The reason they're illegal isn't because they "look scary", however much you'd like to paint gun regulation proponents as idiots. To quote the DA:

each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,

That's why they're heavily regulated.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The reason they're illegal isn't because they "look scary", however much you'd like to paint gun regulation proponents as idiots. To quote the DA:

each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,

Hold on... A gun has a "danger that can be used to kill and injure human beings"???

MENSA needs to get a hold of this DA ASAP because he's got some serious brain skillz.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't want to get into a gun debate here ,so I will make this short. My guns sit wherever I put them....they don't jump up and fire on their own. My guns are legally owned...how many criminals have guns that are stolen or illegaly owned? Criminals don't carer about laws...why punish those who respect these laws?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
why punish those who respect these laws?

In California? Because that's how California liberals ware wired. They pass like 700 bills a year to make things harder on honest people who follow the rules & work for a living while they fight tooth & nail to protect people who break the law like with illegal aliens, passing a bill (recently) making it illegal for employers to ask on an application if you have a criminal record, pushing for shorter sentences for every crime on the books, argue felons should be allowed to vote earlier, oppose ID checks at voting stations because they want to make it easy to cheat on election day, have skeleton crew police forces in crime-infested cities where they can't even respond to non-emergency calls (Oakland) because they spend all their tax revenue on stupid crap nobody wants or needs... All in a vain attempt to try to make sure everyone has the same, equal good things happen to them and everyone has the same, equal bad things happen to them regardless of individual behavior.

It's a great plan for what-if land, but here on planet earth it's a disaster. That's why all the honest, hard-working people are leaving the state & the rest flock there like the Salmon of Capistrano.

The Salmon of Capistrano

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a great plan for what-if land, but here on planet earth it's a disaster. That's why all the honest, hard-working people are leaving the state & the rest flock there like the Salmon of Capistrano.

Yeah, California is really hurting......

All in a vain attempt to try to make sure everyone has the same, equal good things happen to them and everyone has the same, equal bad things happen to them regardless of individual behavior.

Any idea what the prison population in California is? Per capita its enormous. California also has more super-rich than anywhere outside of maybe NY, and they are coming here, not leaving. Pretty sure your rant is based on your imagination, rather than reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In California? Because that's how California liberals ware wired. They pass like 700 bills a year to make things harder on honest people who follow the rules & work for a living while they fight tooth & nail to protect people who break the law like with illegal aliens, passing a bill (recently) making it illegal for employers to ask on an application if you have a criminal record, pushing for shorter sentences for every crime on the books, argue felons should be allowed to vote earlier, oppose ID checks at voting stations because they want to make it easy to cheat on election day, have skeleton crew police forces in crime-infested cities where they can't even respond to non-emergency calls (Oakland) because they spend all their tax revenue on stupid crap nobody wants or needs... All in a vain attempt to try to make sure everyone has the same, equal good things happen to them and everyone has the same, equal bad things happen to them regardless of individual behavior.

The Salmon of Capistrano
No arguement here. I am not retiring in my state of CT......Moving to AZ. I really do miss CA but just can't afford to live in these tax-heavy states.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really do miss CA but just can't afford to live in these tax-heavy states.

Yeah, sucks to have to have taxes high enough to actually pay the bills, rather than relying on the feds to make up the difference like they do in most low tax states.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah, sucks to have to have taxes high enough to actually pay the bills, rather than relying on the feds to make up the difference like they do in most low tax states.

Right. Because there's no way the state could function without all those indispensable "Bills" to which you're referring that make California the highest taxed state in the union by a pretty large margin.

...Oh wait, they don't all pay their bills. San Bernardino, Mammoth Lakes, Stockton, Vallejo (not to mention Detroit on the other side of the country)... with more bankrupt cities to come in the not-so-distant future with the looming pension bubble coming in the next 15-25 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
...Oh wait, they don't all pay their bills. San Bernardino, Mammoth Lakes, Stockton, Vallejo (not to mention Detroit on the other side of the country)... with more bankrupt cities to come in the not-so-distant future with the looming pension bubble coming in the next 15-25 years.

What do those various municipalities, with their own particular policies and problems, have to do with the state as a whole? Stockton was ruined by the housing bubble, whereas a city like San Bruno made bad bets in the stock market. Others were brought down by public employee wages and benefits. Lots of different situations that have nothing to with California's tax rates or budget.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Because there's no way the state could function without all those indispensable "Bills" to which you're referring that make California the highest taxed state in the union by a pretty large margin.

The only thing I would say about CA vs CT is we have the same issues but Jerry Brown is your current Gov....didn't learn the lesson way back? I won't post about this further...better off an a political thread.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What do those various municipalities, with their own particular policies and problems, have to do with the state as a whole? Stockton was ruined by the housing bubble, whereas a city like San Bruno made bad bets in the stock market. Others were brought down by public employee wages and benefits. Lots of different situations that have nothing to with California's tax rates or budget.

What do they have to do with the state as a whole? These cities, like California as a whole, are unilaterally run by liberals. So you get the same old story. Huge tax burdens, dirty, crime-filled cities to show for it because so little of that money goes to active police officers, enormous, unsustainable pension liabilities, and moving van rentals skyrocketing because nobody wants to do business there.

But hey, at least we finally did away with one of the biggest problems in human history: Boys / men can now use women's locker rooms & bathrooms & vice versa. Yay for California.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
These cities, like California as a whole, are unilaterally run by liberals.

Ahhh, I see. Easy answers. The red/blue map of California.

CA_Political_Makeup_Counties.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ahhh, I see. Easy answers. The red/blue map of California.

CA_Political_Makeup_Counties.gif

What... The hell... are you talking about? None of those cities are in Colusa county.

Or are you implying that California is a red state? Are you really that intellectually dishonest? Based on square footage? For whatever election year that was? :L

Elections are based on total votes not square footage. The reason the map could look red but republicans never win is because hardly anybody lives in those counties. The bulk of the population is huddled up in the Los Angeles & Bay areas. California is as blue as blue gets. The pension contracts were done by Jerry Brown in the 70's, and Gray Davis put them on steroids. Every one of those cities I mentioned have been run almost entirely by Democrats for decades. Just like the state legislature & senate have been run by Demorcats since before I was born.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry.....should have noted that Colusa Cty. has nothing to do with anything, that was just the map I picked up.

Past that, the point is that the whole idea of California as some liberal bastion is because the two most influential areas - the Bay Area and LA county - are liberal, which is why statewide elections tend liberal......though the long history of republican governors even puts lie to that. But by "volume", there are more conservative areas and towns, including many of the municipalities you listed. I know you want to blame all problems on liberals, but that's just simpleton talk typical of partisan robots, neither side has a monopoly on wisdom or idiocy.

Also might want to note that it was (supposedly) super-liberal Jerry Brown that recently put the state budget back together on an intelligent mix of tax increases AND spending cuts. Its utter mythology, a republican fantasy, that liberals are worse with budgets than conservatives.....both sides are capable of screwing things up, and both sides are capable of being smart. Its down to the individual. Both sides have their own pet projects and blind spots and hated programs.