• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anger can stem from many different sources.
  • Anger at being falsely accused.
  • Anger at being stupid and getting caught.
  • Anger that people have the audacity to accuse such a fine upstanding (person, people, program) of breaking the rules.

Anger does not impress me.

Far too often we see the righteous anger of people turn out to be nothing but a smokescreen.

If you watched the presser you would know his anger was directed at making a statement on the situation and saying he would not talk about it further, he was there to discuss the game. He was then asked again about it by a reporter and he responded to the reporter with a reminder that it would not be discussed and then it happened again. He walked out and commented on them not wanting to discuss the upcoming game.

His anger was well placed as he addressed the situation and left it at that. Its his place to discuss the game at this point, the AD is responsible for the investigation at hand, not Coach Saban. His job is to be the coach and win games.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well don't quit your day job just yet Nostradamus.

Idk I have called out pretty much everyone involved with Foley HS recently before. :lol:

This shit isn't news to anyone who knows anything about D1 football players in the Mobile area.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if there's anything to this, my hope is that Luther Davis is sent for a long stint to prison, and once he's out, sued for everything he has by the University of Alabama.

My guess is if he gets to prison, there will be a whole lot of Alabama fans in there with him that will want to pay him special attention.
:hdn:

Luther^ ^Bamafan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anger can stem from many different sources.
  • Anger at being falsely accused.
  • Anger at being stupid and getting caught.
  • Anger that people have the audacity to accuse such a fine upstanding (person, people, program) of breaking the rules.

Anger does not impress me.

Far too often we see the righteous anger of people turn out to be nothing but a smokescreen.

Yes, I deals with people everyday and anger can be from anything, so it proves nothing.

Just like I say about every rumor or story, have to let the story fold out and can't assume anything. Bc he really don't know all the facts right now. Same thing I said when everyone was pounding Urban into the ground. Yeah he all have opinions, but they are just opinions...we know little facts.

I just hope if he or the program is doing something they get caught.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how news like this comes to life right before a big game. It's going to be hard for Bama players to stay focus w all the distraction now.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, anyone who doesn't make the same assumptions you do is in denial.

And when you get proven wrong, I'm sure you'll just claim it's some conspiracy with the SEC and NCAA.

My "assumption:" A lot of the Yahoo article is pretty accurate.

Bama "assumptions" I've read thus far:
-U of Alabama had no idea this was going on
-No chance Alabama gets in trouble because there's no real evidence
-There's no way to prove any of this. It's different than USC, Ohio State, Miami, etc etc.

These reporters were getting info for over 6 months, and even had new info come in YESTERDAY (XM 91 radio interview). Somehow I believe them..

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how news like this comes to life right before a big game. It's going to be hard for Bama players to stay focus w all the distraction now.

The players were probably warned about this before they left Tuscaloosa, the school has been looking into it for a while now, according to sources. The team has been steely eyed and determined looking all week in practice, dont count them out just yet. This will show character if they come out and respond, if they get beat it gives them a crutch to lean on. Better to have done it after the game, now they have an axcuse to throw out if they lose, would have had none otherwise.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sec formula says it doesn't matter if Alabama loses this game or not...if they beat lsu and then the sec championship they will again be in title game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1

-There's no way to prove any of this. It's different than USC, Ohio State, Miami, etc etc.

These reporters were getting info for over 6 months, and even had new info come in YESTERDAY (XM 91 radio interview). Somehow I believe them..

Since you are taking Yahoo for gospel, where did the Yahoo report say that Alabama knew about it?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have not seen one thing in the"evidence" that says the school knew of anything going on, so the fans can say this currently.
I dont think one person has said if its true that there is no way Bama gets off from the NCAA, we all know they love to punish the innocent party and not the guilty party.
As of right now, all we have is circumstantial evidence that does not really tie a player to getting any cash at all. When that happens, then it becomes real. As of right now the NCAA is not even investigating this as no notice of allegations or investigation has been sent to a single school. Alabama has already responded that they are looking into this, if it happened you can rest assured that Saban and Battle will report it fully.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sec formula says it doesn't matter if Alabama loses this game or not...if they beat lsu and then the sec championship they will again be in title game.

Not if A&M wins out, thats what you forgot to think about.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1

I will disagree with one little detail. If Bama loses, then ATM will have to lose twice in order for Bama to get into the SEC championship game.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he mad. He definitely made the reporters out to be asses, gotta love Nick no matter what.

Asses, I thought that was Lane Kiffin speaking, he sounded and responded just like Ole Kiff

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, If you can get a Fluker for $5000, I'll take 5 please....

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watched the presser you would know his anger was directed at making a statement on the situation and saying he would not talk about it further, he was there to discuss the game. He was then asked again about it by a reporter and he responded to the reporter with a reminder that it would not be discussed and then it happened again. He walked out and commented on them not wanting to discuss the upcoming game.

His anger was well placed as he addressed the situation and left it at that. Its his place to discuss the game at this point, the AD is responsible for the investigation at hand, not Coach Saban. His job is to be the coach and win games.

Meh. Saban has a job to do. So do reporters who aren't homers. Everyone loves the reporters who go after the other guys' coaches and programs. We all applaud the adversarial press, as long as they aren't adversarial with us.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in each situation an investigation was launched and nothing was found, by even the NCAA in some of those cases as it was investigated by them in some of those. Funny how rumors get to be fact, but fact doesnt come around very often.

And i dont remember a single one with a hummer? who was that?
Mr 11 yards on 9 carries