• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not seen one thing in the"evidence" that says the school knew of anything going on, so the fans can say this currently.
I dont think one person has said if its true that there is no way Bama gets off from the NCAA, we all know they love to punish the innocent party and not the guilty party.
As of right now, all we have is circumstantial evidence that does not really tie a player to getting any cash at all. When that happens, then it becomes real. As of right now the NCAA is not even investigating this as no notice of allegations or investigation has been sent to a single school. Alabama has already responded that they are looking into this, if it happened you can rest assured that Saban and Battle will report it fully.

They aren't investigating it yet because it's about 4 hours old.

And you act as though "circumstantial evidence" somehow holds no weight. With the amount of evidence they have, they need just about one person close to the situation to break and the whole thing is busted wide open.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC knew about the allegations against Bush and failed to properly investigate. Furthermore, USC failed to cooperate with the NCAA:

"The Athletic Department failed to properly investigate the alleged violations or cooperate fully with the NCAA’s investigators."

There is no evidence the Alabama knew anything about having a corrupt player being paid by agents.
:lol:
Randomly make up acusations about USC much?

"The committee determined that the cooperation exhibited by the institution met its obligation under Bylaws 19.01.3.3 and 32.1.4." (page 56)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "assumption:" A lot of the Yahoo article is pretty accurate.

Bama "assumptions" I've read thus far:
-U of Alabama had no idea this was going on
-No chance Alabama gets in trouble because there's no real evidence
-There's no way to prove any of this. It's different than USC, Ohio State, Miami, etc etc.

These reporters were getting info for over 6 months, and even had new info come in YESTERDAY (XM 91 radio interview). Somehow I believe them..

You have to tie the money to the player, none of the "evidence" posted thus far has.

In addition, the guy who co-wrote the article has said they will not turn over anything to the NCAA.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle's statement confirmed they knew about it.

Saban said today that Battle has known and the school is trying to ascertain what took place. This is not news to the school, but the NCAA will find out just when the school knew. then knowing does not equal LOIC if they are investigating it and have alerted the NCAA about possible violations. We know this much from tOSU and their inaction until the NCAA was aware, at which point they tried to shuffle and sidestep eventually ending in disaster. Battle is a smart person, he will get out on top of this and will lessen the damage as much as he can...if its true.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you act as though "circumstantial evidence" somehow holds no weight. With the amount of evidence they have, they need just about one person close to the situation to break and the whole thing is busted wide open.

There does look to be quite a bit to this.

Its unfortunate that sheer stupidity of a very few can thoroughly screw a team and its leadership clueless of what took place. But that's just the way it works.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Saban has a job to do. So do reporters who aren't homers. Everyone loves the reporters who go after the other guys' coaches and programs. We all applaud the adversarial press, as long as they aren't adversarial with us.

And thats why i thought it was appropriate what Saban did to them. He walked out because they wanted to be asses, so he left them to be asses all alone. Now they get no sound bites about the biggest game of the weekend and he probably will not hold another presser the rest of the week. I would not put it past him to lock them out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Braun was pretty angry over questions when he was denying his guilt too. Everyone can show anger. Doesn't mean guilt or innocence.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just hope Mamba isn't on the NCAA committee. Mr. open minded neutral already has them convicted!
Sure sounds like a totally different poster then what we've all come to love. I guess when jealousy kicks in and you see an opening your true colors come out. :noidea:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone that wants to see it again.Washington State is making kiffin look bad on Fox Sports right now. I love reruns of tragedies like that:laugh3:

Then stay tuned, It looks like your going to see a tragedy with in your own program

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you act as if what is here is the death sentence for Bama. whats funny is that not one other team is being talked about, but there were several, jealous much? If one player acted alone and the school had no knowledge of it, then they will get to report it to the NCAA as such and lessen their impact on the school. This has always been done and only in the case of USC has it ever been bad. I think they had it in for USC and that USC has a reason to gripe. Whats sad is this effects players that had nothing to do with it and that to me is just no right.

When its legit proof and they can tie money to players, I will believe it happened, till them its all heresay from sources with no credibility.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just hope Mamba isn't on the NCAA committee. Mr. open minded neutral already has them convicted!
Sure sounds like a totally different poster then what we've all come to love. I guess when jealousy kicks in and you see an opening your true colors come out. :noidea:

Oregon fans are experts on crooked programs and ducking NCAA sanctions.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There does look to be quite a bit to this.

Its unfortunate that sheer stupidity of a very few can thoroughly screw a team and its leadership clueless of what took place. But that's just the way it works.

It's an interesting situation. In the real world, billion dollar companies can lose millions at a time for just one employee breaching codes of conduct and/or being non-compliant in what they do because it was up to that company to ensure their employees would maintain compliance.

What's tough, is that these kids are amateurs, and a University isn't really a business. So penalties have been and will continue to be fairly random and unfair.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then stay tuned, It looks like your going to see a tragedy with in your own program

Its a small tragedy if its true, but they will bounce back as they always do. You cannot keep the Tide down, too much history and tradition. Laugh now condom boy because Yahoo knows who Kiffin is and i am sure they are watching him like a hawk, and he is not the choirboy you guys love to make him out to be.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:humble:

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you act as if what is here is the death sentence for Bama. whats funny is that not one other team is being talked about, but there were several, jealous much? If one player acted alone and the school had no knowledge of it, then they will get to report it to the NCAA as such and lessen their impact on the school. This has always been done and only in the case of USC has it ever been bad. I think they had it in for USC and that USC has a reason to gripe. Whats sad is this effects players that had nothing to do with it and that to me is just no right.

When its legit proof and they can tie money to players, I will believe it happened, till them its all heresay from sources with no credibility.

Jealous much? The thread title is "Alabama players getting paid?" Why would I talk about something else? Sorry, but Tennessee and Miss. State sanctions are not very compelling given their recent performance.

Saying the sources have "no credibility" is proof of your denial.

I'm sorry, but after listening to constant media coverage all over Bama's jock for the last couple of years, and seeing them get mulligans two years in a row after losing in November when basically no other team can afford to do that, this story is a breath of fresh air.

I can guarantee if the article was about Auburn, LSU, and A&M you'd feel the exact same way.