• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous much? The thread title is "Alabama players getting paid?" Why would I talk about something else? Sorry, but Tennessee and Miss. State sanctions are not very compelling given their recent performance.

Saying the sources have "no credibility" is proof of your denial.

I'm sorry, but after listening to constant media coverage all over Bama's jock for the last couple of years, and seeing them get mulligans two years in a row after losing in November when basically no other team can afford to do that, this story is a breath of fresh air.

I can guarantee if the article was about Auburn, LSU, and A&M you'd feel the exact same way.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...auburn-under-official-ncaa-investigation.html

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Alabama. I hate that they win, I hate that my team isn't Alabama. As such, when something bad happens to Alabama, I take delight in it.

Yes we know.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you act as if what is here is the death sentence for Bama. whats funny is that not one other team is being talked about, but there were several, jealous much? If one player acted alone and the school had no knowledge of it, then they will get to report it to the NCAA as such and lessen their impact on the school. This has always been done and only in the case of USC has it ever been bad. I think they had it in for USC and that USC has a reason to gripe. Whats sad is this effects players that had nothing to do with it and that to me is just no right.

When its legit proof and they can tie money to players, I will believe it happened, till them its all heresay from sources with no credibility.

They did!

Documents appear to show improper NCAA involvement in USC case - CBSSports.com

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous much? The thread title is "Alabama players getting paid?" Why would I talk about something else? Sorry, but Tennessee and Miss. State sanctions are not very compelling given their recent performance.

Saying the sources have "no credibility" is proof of your denial.

I'm sorry, but after listening to constant media coverage all over Bama's jock for the last couple of years, and seeing them get mulligans two years in a row after losing in November when basically no other team can afford to do that, this story is a breath of fresh air.

I can guarantee if the article was about Auburn, LSU, and A&M you'd feel the exact same way.

And you would be wrong, i dont dance at the wake of rivals like wannabe's do. I prefer to play strong teams and win on the field, man to man, not man to rule book. Tell you what, when they get some real proof and not this circumstantial crap, then i will listen. If it took place it still doesnt mean Alabama cheated, it means that one player got overzealous and took money behind the backs of his coach. I know Saban and his style well enough to know if he knew, the kid would have been suspended and reported immediately. Seen it too many times with lesser offense, so i know Sabans character when it comes to shit like this. He is beyond reproach when it comes to violations that can hurt the team.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Saban and his style well enough to know if he knew, the kid would have been suspended and reported immediately. Seen it too many times with lesser offense, so i know Sabans character when it comes to shit like this. He is beyond reproach when it comes to violations that can hurt the team.

Sadly, that won't prevent the NCAA from coming down on the team like a load of bricks if the allegations prove to be true.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, that won't prevent the NCAA from coming down on the team like a load of bricks if the allegations prove to be true.

It took the NZZA to take down CPC and USC

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC knew about the allegations against Bush and failed to properly investigate. Furthermore, USC failed to cooperate with the NCAA:

"The Athletic Department failed to properly investigate the alleged violations or cooperate fully with the NCAA’s investigators."

There is no evidence the Alabama knew anything about having a corrupt player being paid by agents.

Yes and no!!

USC didn't know what was going on with the Bush family!! However, when the NCAA came calling USC basically said: "If you think you have a case.....prove it"!!

In their final findings the NCAA stated that USC cooperated fully with the investigation!!

As to Alabama not knowing about the player....it doesn't matter!! In the USC case, the NCAA never proved that USC knew what was happening with the Bush family!! This is why they said USC "should have known" and then punished as if they did know!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said it, sadly. They wont look at if the school knew, all they will look at is he took extra benefits and penalize the innocent parties, never touching the guilty party at all. This is what fucked about the NCAA and the member institutions need to get the NCAA to realign the punishments to more encompass the guilty and not hinder the school or the players who did nothing wrong. Its like sending a r*pe victim to jail because she dressed sexy and had lots of attention.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no!!

USC didn't know what was going on with the Bush family!! However, when the NCAA came calling USC basically said: "If you think you have a case.....prove it"!!

In their final findings the NCAA stated that USC cooperated fully with the investigation!!

As to Alabama not knowing about the player....it doesn't matter!! In the USC case, the NCAA never proved that USC knew what was happening with the Bush family!! This is why they said USC "should have known" and then punished as if they did know!!

was waiting for u to chime in...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no!!

But you said it yourself, USC taunted them basically by saying "If you think you have a case.....prove it"!!

Bama wont do that, they will be in front of it themselves and cooperate fully, like they did in the school book situation that got a slap on the wrist. Battle is probably already on top of an investigation and knows more than the reports are saying now.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, the only questions now are the following:

1. In what manner will the NCAA punish the University of Alabama?
2. When will the hammer drop?

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we know.

Right.. being annoyed by a program and some of their overzealous fans (not even you, I actually like your website) means I hate Bama? Sorry, simply untrue. I do loathe the never ending media love fest, however.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, the only questions now are the following:

1. In what manner will the NCAA punish the University of Alabama?
2. When will the hammer drop?

I disagree, they still have to prove money changed hands and it was Fluker who took it. I am not going to yield to this circumstantial stuff, i will go kicking and screaming to the end. When it all falls in line and its proven he did it, then i will be sad, until then i am defiant to the NCAA:fencing::finger::finger::finger:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just hope Mamba isn't on the NCAA committee. Mr. open minded neutral already has them convicted!
Sure sounds like a totally different poster then what we've all come to love. I guess when jealousy kicks in and you see an opening your true colors come out. :noidea:

I am the son, you are the Dad. I still love you man.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, they still have to prove money changed hands and it was Fluker who took it. I am not going to yield to this circumstantial stuff, i will go kicking and screaming to the end. When it all falls in line and its proven he did it, then i will be sad, until then i am defiant to the NCAA.

Are you advocating that UA take a hard "prove it" line with the NCAA?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, this is not cheating.

Cam Newton got paid to come to Auburn, that is cheating.

Good luck getting anyone to understand the difference!! Reggie Bush was paid to leave USC early and that somehow constitutes cheating!!

I think some folks need dictionaries!!

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck getting anyone to understand the difference!! Reggie Bush was paid to leave USC early and that somehow constitutes cheating!!

I think some folks need dictionaries!!

Amazing!!! :yahoo: