• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you don't NCAA doesn't act like the courts if they get credible testimony (in their opinion not ours) then the will use that and issue sanctions. Not saying anything is there just saying they don't necessarily have to have a smoking gun. It's not fair but that's how they work and apparently if Miami is an example they can be down right unethical about it.

But they have no credible evidence or testimony is the problem. There is nothing that links all this directly to DJ Fluker. If I had to bet, I'd say it happened, but there is no direct evidence of it.

I think Cam Newton kind of shows that. Miami was different because the money man was talking.

The whole thing pisses me off. If true, it's the actions of a few screwing over an entire program. I really wish they would prosecute these people for fraud.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way bo, for the record Bama is my favorite team in the SEC. I know they get paid and I believe the TTown story but that does not mean I don't like them.

I know this too, jus love giving you shit. We go way back to CBs and We have always played this cat and mouse game. I hold you in the same regard i do Mamba, you my boy and were tight, just love giving you shit. Ask Mamba if i dont give him shit too, he just dishes back out. Its all in fun.:suds:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn's joe schad is reporting Alabama was looking into fluker situation before being notified of yahoo report
Joe Schad is a hack that writes opinions based solely on getting clicks. He is one unethical mother fucker and should be shot.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they have no credible evidence or testimony is the problem. There is nothing that links all this directly to DJ Fluker. If I had to bet, I'd say it happened, but there is no direct evidence of it.

I think Cam Newton kind of shows that. Miami was different because the money man was talking.

The whole thing pisses me off. If true, it's the actions of a few screwing over an entire program. I really wish they would prosecute these people for fraud.
Not saying there is but it sounds like someone is talking and that is problematic because that is what got USC and Miami.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the sCam newton case they had nobody saying they gave money. In this case they do. They have some saying I gave this person money. So the 2 cases are different. Is it enough to penalize, who knows but they are different.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I would be worried about the most is Miss State is involved they are the ones they should have gotten sanctions in the Cam Newton case. Those guys are cheating and not smart enough to do it right. Auburn went through Hell because of their BS.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the sCam newton case they had nobody saying they gave money. In this case they do. They have some saying I gave this person money. So the 2 cases are different. Is it enough to penalize, who knows but they are different.

and as in the TAMU case, they could not prove he took money so they didnt do a thing. In this case they will have to prove he took the money and heresay information is not enough, they have to show he took it. they set the precedent with JF and this can be brought up to them that they have to follow recent precedent they set. I have a hard time believing Fluker, if you told me any other player then yes he did it, but Fluker surprises me and i am still not fully in belief he did this. Time will tell.:gaah:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, you're not understanding!! It's what the NCAA considers "credible evidence and testimony"!! Not what sane people consider credible evidence and testimony!!

Case in point:

The NCAA thinks that testimony from a convicted felon is credible, while the testimony of a college football coach in good standing with his university and the NCAA is not!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as in the TAMU case, they could not prove he took money so they didnt do a thing. In this case they will have to prove he took the money and heresay information is not enough, they have to show he took it. they set the precedent with JF and this can be brought up to them that they have to follow recent precedent they set. I have a hard time believing Fluker, if you told me any other player then yes he did it, but Fluker surprises me and i am still not fully in belief he did this. Time will tell.:gaah:

Fluker was homeless and stuff and I think he did it to take care of his mom(assuming he did it, if I had to bet money I'd bet he took it).

The other stuff I dunno.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're not understanding!! It's what the NCAA considers "credible evidence and testimony"!! Not what sane people consider credible evidence and testimony!!

Case in point:

The NCAA thinks that testimony from a convicted felon is credible, while the testimony of a college football coach in good standing with his university and the NCAA is not!!

The JFF "evidence" seemed pretty damning, but there was no direct link.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said it yourself, USC taunted them basically by saying "If you think you have a case.....prove it"!!

Bama wont do that, they will be in front of it themselves and cooperate fully, like they did in the school book situation that got a slap on the wrist. Battle is probably already on top of an investigation and knows more than the reports are saying now.

If they are smart they will fight like mother fuckers because the NCAA is weaken right now due to misconduct on the Miami deal, Penn State is finally fighting back, Oregon got off relatively easy, their leadership is infighting and the talk about super conferences and breaking away is heating up. If you were ever to get nasty with the NCAA this is the time.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, just figured you for taking pleasure in another's pain. Its all good, if it happened i know one thing for sure, Saban knew nothing about it or he would have suspended him. I know the man well enough to know this to be true, reference Dareus and Caldwell to anyone who doesnt believe this to be true about Saban.

And I said this same thing about CPC, but some ignorant folks would like to believe he bolted to the NFL to dodge the sanctions. Nothing is farther from the truth.. CPC said at the very beginning that he would only go back to the NFL if he would be given total control. The Seahawks gave him just that, and 7 million dollars.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fluker was homeless and stuff and I think he did it to take care of his mom(assuming he did it, if I had to bet money I'd bet he took it).

The other stuff I dunno.

didnt know he was homeless and helping his mom out, then in that case I could see him doing it. He is a christian young man and thats why i said i couldnt see him do it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are smart they will fight like mother fuckers because the NCAA is weaken right now due to misconduct on the Miami deal, Penn State is finally fighting back, Oregon got off relatively easy, their leadership is infighting and the talk about super conferences and breaking away is heating up. If you were ever to get nasty with the NCAA this is the time.

I agree, i was listening to a radio station the other day talking about JF allegations and they said that if there is ever a time to get caught at cheating, this is it due to the infighting among the NCAA employees. They said a school could claim improper techniques for investigating or blatantly deny it and probably get away with it. then the verdict on JF comes out after the vehemently denied it and its a slap on the wrist. Maybe Bama needs to take a stand and deny, deny, deny.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he didn't do anything, then why in the hell did they suspend him for 2 quarters. They would have been better off, if they came out and said they found no wrong doing. They just continue to show the world the the NZZA is corrupt

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt know he was homeless and helping his mom out, then in that case I could see him doing it. He is a christian young man and thats why i said i couldnt see him do it.

Yeah I mean it's not like it's stealing. Odds are if it was an agent, presumably he was to pay it back once he was a pro. It was just fronting him and the others cash while they were in college and had no $$.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The JFF "evidence" seemed pretty damning, but there was no direct link.

I know, but the JFF "evidence" amounted to him being videotaped signing autographs. The folks who were said to have paid JFF denied paying him.

In this Alabama case, as with the USC case, some of the folks who are supposed to have been paying players, are saying that they paid players.

In the USC case, a convicted felon said he paid the Bush family and Coach McNair knew!! Coach McNair said he didn't know and the NCAA decided that the convicted felon's testimony was credible and Coach McNair's was not!!

Again, it's the NCAA and it's the ultimate kangaroo court!! I sincerely hope that nothing comes of this. I'm just telling you how the NCAA operated in the USC case!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, i was listening to a radio station the other day talking about JF allegations and they said that if there is ever a time to get caught at cheating, this is it due to the infighting among the NCAA employees. They said a school could claim improper techniques for investigating or blatantly deny it and probably get away with it. then the verdict on JF comes out after the vehemently denied it and its a slap on the wrist. Maybe Bama needs to take a stand and deny, deny, deny.
I actually see more of an issue with OSU because their dumbass AD came out and apologized to the conference which almost like a confession. That guy should get fired.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean it's not like it's stealing. Odds are if it was an agent, presumably he was to pay it back once he was a pro. It was just fronting him and the others cash while they were in college and had no $$.

And if that is the case and he took money to help his mom, then i will never be mad at him as he owes his mom his life, he only owes Bama what he signed to give them, a football player and he more than manned up on his side of the bargain there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but the JFF "evidence" amounted to him being videotaped signing autographs. The folks who were said to have paid JFF denied paying him.

In this Alabama case, as with the USC case, some of the folks who are supposed to have been paying players, are saying that they paid players.

In the USC case, a convicted felon said he paid the Bush family and Coach McNair knew!! Coach McNair said he didn't know and the NCAA decided that the convicted felon's testimony was credible and Coach McNair's was not!!

Again, it's the NCAA and it's the ultimate kangaroo court!! I sincerely hope that nothing comes of this. I'm just telling you how the NCAA operated in the USC case!!

I thought the NCAA said he should have known based on the enormity of the benefits?