• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane deflections are lame. Read the article, I'd say that it's pretty good evidence. Don't act like you weren't laughing at USC when they were getting kicked in the teeth for one of their players receiving improper benefits from an agent.

Sorry, I don't take pleasure in the misery of others. I actually find it to be quite lame and if you look at these kinds of topics on this board, you'll notice I rarely add to them in a serious manner.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane deflections are lame. Read the article, I'd say that it's pretty good evidence. Don't act like you weren't laughing at USC when they were getting kicked in the teeth for one of their players receiving improper benefits from an agent.

I dont follow the trends of wishing ill of others to lift myself above them. I prefer to whip your ass on the field, kinda like we did last game of the year last year. Why would you revel in weakening the field? So possibly you could make another BCS game to lose horrifically in again. I'd say we line up our best 22 and see who wins, but we already know the ending to that story and it was not too good for you.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not as butthurt as you will be when last years title and the one before it are stripped from the tide. Didnt say one word about the title game bama won. Just saying your coaches and admins knew what was up and nothing you say will make me change my mind. There is NO way that kind of cash is exchanging hands without word getting out no freaking way.

So my statement stands: Though there is zero evidence that Saban and crew knew about these alleged violations, you're willing to assume the worst and assert they did, because you hate the fact that Bama embarrassed your team on national television, in front of the entire planet.

Got it.

filupsun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have been good in the SEC, but not due to what you think is happening.

If you think Alabama's coach knew about this and did nothing, you obviously dont know shit about football. Research Marcel Dareus, or Antoine Caldwell and you will see that if Saban knows about a violation he handles it and reports it to the NCAA. It cost him a game in the Caldwell situation, Dareus was cleared of wrongdoing and go to play after a two game suspension. Saban is about ZERO tolerance and he has shown that time and again. If you dont know this then as i stated before, you dont know shit about football.

You cant take what happened at PSU and compare it even one bit to Alabama as its two different environments and JoPa had a stranglehold on that school and even the board was afraid to cross him for years. No one is afraid of Saban at Alabama(except the players) as they pay his salary and can replace him tomorrow if need be, maybe not with a good of a coach, but they would not have a problem getting another coach for the asking.

Saban doesnt have a hold on bama are you kidding. Again there is no way cash like that exchanges hands and no one knows. You my friend seem naive.

filupsun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my statement stands: Though there is zero evidence that Saban and crew knew about these alleged violations, you're willing to assume the worst and assert they did, because you hate the fact that Bama embarrassed your team on national television, in front of the entire planet.

Got it.
i assume nothing. i would call it common sense which there appears to be a lack of on your end.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me in the article evidence of your assertion that Saban, fellow coaches, or other team member knew about it.

It doesn't matter what the coaches knew...

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt make one. It doesn't matter, you have to control your players.

You stuck your nose in an argument I was in with another poster, thus by default defending his position.

You yes ... you did in fact support the assertion.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can certainly cause problems, and the administration could certainly be ignorant of what happened.

I find it funny that folks are ready to throw Saban and his team under the bus because of the alleged actions of a very few, who certainly most likely did what they could to keep their actions hidden.

Are you so butthurt over Notre Dame getting their teeth kicked in by Bama, that you're willing to assume the absolute worst without supporting evidence? If so, you sir are a sad, sad individual.[/QU

not as butthurt as you will be when last years title and the one before it are stripped from the tide. Didnt say one word about the title game bama won. Just saying your coaches and admins knew what was up and nothing you say will make me change my mind. There is NO way that kind of cash is exchanging hands without word getting out no freaking way.

sure its easy for money to change hands and you not know about it. How much money do you think changes hands on your own team...do you know about it? its easy for it to happen and not be known.

And you not being open minded enough to see that Saban has a zero tolerance policy and has proved in time and again shows you will only see what you want to believe and it doesnt mater if its the truth or not. That really intelligent on your part and shows you dont know shit about football, even on your own team.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what the coaches knew...

Understood, but the point I was making is that there is no evidence any but the perpetrators knew, despite the shrill assertions of another poster to the contrary.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I don't take pleasure in the misery of others. I actually find it to be quite lame and if you look at these kinds of topics on this board, you'll notice I rarely add to them in a serious manner.

Glad to know. :lol:

I dont follow the trends of wishing ill of others to lift myself above them. I prefer to whip your ass on the field, kinda like we did last game of the year last year. Why would you revel in weakening the field? So possibly you could make another BCS game to lose horrifically in again. I'd say we line up our best 22 and see who wins, but we already know the ending to that story and it was not too good for you.

:lol: it's not like I can do anything about it, so I might as well enjoy rule breakers getting caught. Don't be so butthurt you haven't received sanctions yet.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me in the article evidence of your assertion that Saban, fellow coaches, or other team member knew about it.

It doesn't matter if they knew or not!! It was never proven that USC knew!! How'd that work out for us?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if they knew or not!! It was never proven that USC knew!! How'd that work out for us?

Again, not asserting it matters. Simply asserting that there is no evidence that anyone but the perpetrators were in the know, despite shrill accusations from a few butthurt posters that that Saban and company were aware of the wrongdoing.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stuck your nose in an argument I was in with another poster, thus by default defending his position.

You yes ... you did in fact support the assertion.

I simply stuck my nose in because you attacked ND, the school that has nothing to do with this topic. :nod:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all Alabama fans will leave this thread and ignore it totally these haters will have nothing to get a hard on over and they will get bored. Why do they want to just talk among themselves and agree? Seriously, just don't post anymore. Just watch from the sidelines. The thread will wilt away with no interested party.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban doesnt have a hold on bama are you kidding. Again there is no way cash like that exchanges hands and no one knows. You my friend seem naive.

And you seem ignorant of Saban and his coaching style. Saban doesnt have a hold on Bama. We love the man and this has nothing to do with Saban at all. This has everything to do with a kid who possibly took extra benefits. You trying to make it more shows desperation and wreaks of ass ache. Kinda like rapes can happen by your own players and the coaching staff not know about them. Hell kinda like a players girlfriend dying and then not existing at all, but the coaching staff didnt know, right. Things happen and the coaches dont always know, nor does the administration, Just proved that to you with your own program

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply stuck my nose in because you attacked ND, the school that has nothing to do with this topic. :nod:

Sure it did, since one of your fellow fans leveled unfounded accusations, based only upon his butthurt from witnessing Bama pound the Domers into a golden sludge.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not asserting it matters. Simply asserting that there is no evidence that anyone but the perpetrators were in the know, despite shrill accusations from a few butthurt posters that that Saban and company were aware of the wrongdoing.

Okay!! I see what you mean!! USC fans went through the same crap when the Bush allegations happened!!

Carry on!!

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it did, since one of your fellow fans leveled unfounded accusations, based only upon his butthurt from witnessing Bama pound the Domers into a golden sludge.

Obviously ND fans can't have a say because of the NC game, my mistake. :doh:

filupsun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure its easy for money to change hands and you not know about it. How much money do you think changes hands on your own team...do you know about it? its easy for it to happen and not be known.

And you not being open minded enough to see that Saban has a zero tolerance policy and has proved in time and again shows you will only see what you want to believe and it doesnt mater if its the truth or not. That really intelligent on your part and shows you dont know shit about football, even on your own team.

This wasnt lunch money exchanging hands here this was some serious cash. Rather my team does it or not has nothing to do with it. I didnt see any notre dame players listed in there.

As far as Sabans zero tolerance policy i am willing to bet its pretty lax. I have yet to see saban deliver punishment fitting of the crime. give me a break.