• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.. I have zero intelligence because I speak directly based off of the actual evidence presented in the Alabama violation, and yet you use an entire paragraph haphazardly accusing literally everyone else of cheating and saying that ONLY Alabama is doing the right thing. PLEASEEE.

As to point 3.. you couldn't be more wrong. The coach loaned the player money. The coach knew, and as a staff member for the University of Alabama he should have disclosed this immediately. If he did disclose it and the coaches and staff waited til now to reveal it - it's a coverup. If he didn't tell anyone and waited til now to somehow realize it was a violation - it's still covering it up since he was a representative of the University. It's not that hard to understand, but continue with your emotional personal attacks. I must have forgotten the board commandment "Thou Shalt Not Know More Than Bama Fans."

And you seem to forget that the University and one coach are not the same thing. He works for the school, as a representative, but is not THE University itself and him knowing does not constitute a cover up in itself by the University. He has been dealt with by the University upon finding out themselves and throwing them into the mix of a cover up is factoring in your opinion not factual evidence. This is dealt with in the rule book itself and i am sure the NCAA will deal with this issue. At any rate, the University has done the right thing to this point and that will be taken into consideration when the NCAA deals with this. Its not uncommon to have a rogue player or staff member and the NCAA knows this, which is why they take case by case basis for things and look objectively at each situation. Your comment encompassed the school as a whole and was meant that way and you know it.

As for my post on other schools cheating also, I personally know boosters from several schools in the SEC, ACC and a couple from Big 12 schools in general and they all speak of money handshakes and high level recruiting techniques involving boosters. If its happening at those schools, its happening in every school, if you dont see it then I am sorry for you, but its no coincidence that there are investigations or rumors all the time of these types of goings on at not just just SEC schools, but others as well. Yours is not immune to this either and if you think they are, you are seriously clouded by the colors of your school.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you seem to forget that the University and one coach are not the same thing. He works for the school, as a representative, but is not THE University itself and him knowing does not constitute a cover up in itself by the University. He has been dealt with by the University upon finding out themselves and throwing them into the mix of a cover up is factoring in your opinion not factual evidence. This is dealt with in the rule book itself and i am sure the NCAA will deal with this issue. At any rate, the University has done the right thing to this point and that will be taken into consideration when the NCAA deals with this. Its not uncommon to have a rogue player or staff member and the NCAA knows this, which is why they take case by case basis for things and look objectively at each situation. Your comment encompassed the school as a whole and was meant that way and you know it.

Jim Tressel was the only one at Ohio State who knew that the Tat 5 should have been ineligible. By your logic OSU as a university did not know so by disclosing it immediately, they did the right thing.

As soon as the emails were discovered, Gene Smith called the NCAA and they interviewed JT the next week.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Tressel was the only one at Ohio State who knew that the Tat 5 should have been ineligible. By your logic OSU as a university did not know so by disclosing it immediately, they did the right thing.

As soon as the emails were discovered, Gene Smith called the NCAA and they interviewed JT the next week.

My point on this was that Tressel as the HC, who is responsible for the football team as a whole was the one who covered it up. In this case, one assistant strength coach was involved, not the HC or the University. And the original post i was responding to blamed the tattoos and the selling of their memorabilia for the tOSU situation, not the HC who was the real reason that school under went that investigation. Had he done the right thing when it happened, they never would have had this problem, just a few players with five game suspensions or less. The fact Alabama is doing the right thing once they found out is what tOSU should have done, but didnt.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point on this was that Tressel as the HC, who is responsible for the football team as a whole was the one who covered it up. In this case, one assistant strength coach was involved, not the HC or the University. And the original post i was responding to blamed the tattoos and the selling of their memorabilia for the tOSU situation, not the HC who was the real reason that school under went that investigation. Had he done the right thing when it happened, they never would have had this problem, just a few players with five game suspensions or less. The fact Alabama is doing the right thing once they found out is what tOSU should have done, but didnt.

You are too nimble for me. You win.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sand.jpg

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a coach "loaning" a player money and getting repaid has now reverted to cheating? its not like we offered him 180K through his father and then won a title with said paid team, only to see the coach blow town a couple of years later because Auburn couldnt buy anymore players and he sucked as a coach without paid talent. This is a minor offense and will be dealt with as such since it was handled in the correct manner by the school itself. Aubies, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

seriously?

:laugh3: