• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the NCAA hate success, and what proof do you have of that? Internal memos? Or did you just pull that out of your ass?

lmao...no proof per say but I think if a team is "cheating" ineligible players whatever and they are winning championships its looked at worse than you know someone cheating and not winning anything like Miami or Oregon....lol

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA are essentially slave drivers anyhow. South Park did an episode a couple of years ago called 'The Crackbaby Basketball League' that explained it as well or better than any sportswriter possibly could have. - Pretend amateurism to me has become as absurd as professional wrestling was for so many years pretending it was real, but at least even Vince McMahn had the brains to understand it was better just to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING:
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban's agent tied to recent allegations made by Yahoo! Sports

BREAKING

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come eat ALL the crow.

Bama is a cheating school of the highest order.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we going to need to dust off the "SPUAT" name for future use?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING:
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban's agent tied to recent allegations made by Yahoo! Sports

BREAKING

leo.gif

I was gone too long, fell right into that one

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come eat ALL the crow.

Bama is a cheating school of the highest order.

Yeah, nothing a barner says in regards to cheating means anything what-so-ever.

I will teabag your crow. :nod:

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we going to need to dust off the "SPUAT" name for future use?
:dance:
Yeah, nothing a barner says in regards to cheating means anything what-so-ever.

I will teabag your crow. :nod:

You're right. We don't know enough about it anymore. Bama has far surpassed Auburn in cheating over the pass 20 years.

Saban came in, brought Bama in from the wilderness, and got fans/boosters/staff to give up their cheating ways for a little while but it appears that people can't control themselves. :noidea:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance:

You're right. We don't know enough about it anymore. Bama has far surpassed Auburn in cheating over the pass 20 years.

Saban came in, brought Bama in from the wilderness, and got fans/boosters/staff to give up their cheating ways for a little while but it appears that people can't control themselves. :noidea:

So a coach "loaning" a player money and getting repaid has now reverted to cheating? its not like we offered him 180K through his father and then won a title with said paid team, only to see the coach blow town a couple of years later because Auburn couldnt buy anymore players and he sucked as a coach without paid talent. This is a minor offense and will be dealt with as such since it was handled in the correct manner by the school itself. Aubies, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point in helping players violate NCAA rules then turning around telling on them? And the players continue to fall into that trap. Smh.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a coach "loaning" a player money and getting repaid has now reverted to cheating? its not like we offered him 180K through his father and then won a title with said paid team, only to see the coach blow town a couple of years later because Auburn couldnt buy anymore players and he sucked as a coach without paid talent. This is a minor offense and will be dealt with as such since it was handled in the correct manner by the school itself. Aubies, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

If getting tattoos for free is cheating, or selling your own gear is cheating, them yes, it's breaking the rules.

The main problem I have with this particular case is that all you Bammers keep saying how they are doing all the right things to comply. If they were truly doing all the right things, This would have been brought to light in the preseason and Clinton-Dix would not have played in at least a few games.

As it stands, it seems pretty clear that Alabama played an in eligible player.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want what you say to be true ... if the Dawgs make it to Atlanta, I want to play and beat the best from the West. But ...

The NCAA has cracked down seriously for violations that don't amount to much. I wouldn't be ready to dismiss this just because it was a "loan," that the circumstances made sense (it appears there was a procedure for this to happen within the rules that wasn't followed), or that it was just $500.

My guess is that the coach that is involved has coached his last day at Bama, that Saban has had many meetings with players and staff alike.

If this was coming out of Athens I wouldn't be happy, and I don't think I would just be assuming everything is going to be ok.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If getting tattoos for free is cheating, or selling your own gear is cheating, them yes, it's breaking the rules.

The main problem I have with this particular case is that all you Bammers keep saying how they are doing all the right things to comply. If they were truly doing all the right things, This would have been brought to light in the preseason and Clinton-Dix would not have played in at least a few games.

Once again, the tattoo's weren't what got Ohio St in trouble. They played those players long after the tats and never had to vacate a win. They had some suspensions to be served in the future.

That was until they found out about the cover up. The cover up by the head coach was what screwed Ohio St and brought down the hammer, not the actual crime.

But whatever, you keep on believing what it is you want to believe, and then when nothing happens you can come on here and complain about biases because you refuse to acknowledge the important details.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What bothers me about you and your very clearly biased statement is a few things.

1. Getting tattoos for free and them selling the memorabilia they knew was off limits to sell until after they graduated r no longer were a part of the team is a minor violation and would have warranted a suspension, much the same as receiving a loan from a coach and repaying it.

2. You seem to forget that it was not tattoos and selling memorabilia that brought down tOSU and its football team, It was the joking manner of its then president of the University and its coach who felt and apparently was "above the law" where the University and its President were concerned, but the NCAA saw it differently and thats why they brought the hammer down on tOSU.

3. You seem to know more about this situation that any others do as you feel it was known by the University before the season started and they conveniently made it known to the world this week so as to not miss any important games. Without proof, your continued responses that you have made come off as petty and biased opinions that lack anything in the way of solid evidence or even minor, inconsequential proof. While I love a good fiction novel from time to time, yours is clearly not well thought out or well written.

4. You make statements about the school itself and how they arent doing the right things, but how many football teams do you see suspending players for any type of actions now days and especially incidents like this one. Anyone with intelligence knows that this type or similar actions are happening at every school, could Alabama be the only one willing to stand up to its players and coaches and risk having an NCAA investigation? Why are not more schools trying to ensure their players are following the rules correctly? Why is your own school not doing so? clearly these are questions someone should be asking of the AD's and HC's because it is happening and being covered up apparently.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me about you and your very clearly biased statement is a few things.

1. Getting tattoos for free and them selling the memorabilia they knew was off limits to sell until after they graduated r no longer were a part of the team is a minor violation and would have warranted a suspension, much the same as receiving a loan from a coach and repaying it.

2. You seem to forget that it was not tattoos and selling memorabilia that brought down tOSU and its football team, It was the joking manner of its then president of the University and its coach who felt and apparently was "above the law" where the University and its President were concerned, but the NCAA saw it differently and thats why they brought the hammer down on tOSU.

3. You seem to know more about this situation that any others do as you feel it was known by the University before the season started and they conveniently made it known to the world this week so as to not miss any important games. Without proof, your continued responses that you have made come off as petty and biased opinions that lack anything in the way of solid evidence or even minor, inconsequential proof. While I love a good fiction novel from time to time, yours is clearly not well thought out or well written.

4. You make statements about the school itself and how they arent doing the right things, but how many football teams do you see suspending players for any type of actions now days and especially incidents like this one. Anyone with intelligence knows that this type or similar actions are happening at every school, could Alabama be the only one willing to stand up to its players and coaches and risk having an NCAA investigation? Why are not more schools trying to ensure their players are following the rules correctly? Why is your own school not doing so? clearly these are questions someone should be asking of the AD's and HC's because it is happening and being covered up apparently.

So let me get this straight.. I have zero intelligence because I speak directly based off of the actual evidence presented in the Alabama violation, and yet you use an entire paragraph haphazardly accusing literally everyone else of cheating and saying that ONLY Alabama is doing the right thing. PLEASEEE.

As to point 3.. you couldn't be more wrong. The coach loaned the player money. The coach knew, and as a staff member for the University of Alabama he should have disclosed this immediately. If he did disclose it and the coaches and staff waited til now to reveal it - it's a coverup. If he didn't tell anyone and waited til now to somehow realize it was a violation - it's still covering it up since he was a representative of the University. It's not that hard to understand, but continue with your emotional personal attacks. I must have forgotten the board commandment "Thou Shalt Not Know More Than Bama Fans."