• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply from an ineligibility standpoint, if Fluker is proved to have taken money during the time period in which he played for Bama, then he would be retroactively ineligible for each game, and those games would then be retroactively forfeited.

Suppose the onus then is to discover during which games he was being paid, and thus made ineligible.

Either way, its starting to look as though even best case, Bama could be stripped of one or two national championships, assuming Fluker played in enough games during which he was also receiving money from agents.

:L you don't regain eligibility because you didn't happen to get paid one game. :lol:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once he received money he is ineligible forever. They're just gonna find out when he was first paid and should strip Bama of any wins after that date.

Okay, that makes sense.

In that case, were I Bama's administration, would recommend banning both former players from any future Alabama sporting events or functions, pressing full charges against all guilty parties, and suing all liable parties for everything except the clothes they're wearing. Make a heinous example of them.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't Yahoo sports I would just blow it off!

Fluker = Fucked Program!

I am interested in seeing how the NCAA handles this.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it even possible for you to come off as something other than a raving jackass?

:yawn: No.

One guy from Alabama who may or may not received money back in 2009. Is that what we are talking about here?. IMO, a lot of jealousy directed at a very successful program. I certainly want Florida to whip up on Bama, but at the same time have to respect their program.

Did you read the article? We're only talking about Bama, but they have info linking other SEC schools as well. It's a good read I promise.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, i was listening to a radio station the other day talking about JF allegations and they said that if there is ever a time to get caught at cheating, this is it due to the infighting among the NCAA employees. They said a school could claim improper techniques for investigating or blatantly deny it and probably get away with it. then the verdict on JF comes out after the vehemently denied it and its a slap on the wrist. Maybe Bama needs to take a stand and deny, deny, deny.

Nope, if they find any evidence, whatsoever, it will be turned over to the NCAA. This is the best couse of action to take. Ask tOSU what........nevermind.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this did happen, I'm almost positive he would have used someone's account and just thrown them a hundey or two.. Don't think he would have used his own. :hope:

Not likely. Bringing an outsider in on this only increases the risk of being found out. That's why the agent had (presumably) just one intermediary guy doing the money drops.

Realistically, the "safe" way would be accepting straight, untraceable cash.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely. Bringing an outsider in on this only increases the risk of being found out. That's why the agent had (presumably) just one intermediary guy doing the money drops.

Realistically, the "safe" way would be accepting straight, untraceable cash.

Yeah, but they used numerous texts (which everyone with a brain knows can come back to bite you) and checks - really stupid criminals.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Auburn paid Fluker to take benefits from Bama boosters, all part of a plan to stop the Tide.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you stop boosters and agents from talking to players?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a really good question. Another good question is, how do you monitor each and every player's activities when they're not on campus?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, why would a booster want to give money to players if it would cause the university trouble? The NCAA can't do anything about agents, it'd be nice if the NFL did though...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really good question. Another good question is, how do you monitor each and every player's activities when they're not on campus?

Ask wolfpack fans. They're the only people who think its possible to monitor everyone all the time

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't have to, they can talk all they want. They just have to cover their own expenses and obviously not accept anything (and make sure their parents do the same).

The school's compliance department needs to make it damn clear what is ok and what isn't. The consequences if these guys are found out should be even more clear. There are plenty of examples schools can use that should stop kids from doing this stuff.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to, they can talk all they want. They just have to cover their own expenses and obviously not accept anything (and make sure their parents do the same).

The school's compliance department needs to make it damn clear what is ok and what isn't. The consequences if these guys are found out should be even more clear. There are plenty of examples schools can use that should stop kids from doing this stuff.

Alabama spends lots of resources doing exactly the things you say and still this happened.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I’m an idiot but that doesn’t change the fact that something fishy has been going on in the sec as a whole. Now there are two sec coaches under the microscope in the sec currently and countless recently Petrino, chizk, and myer.

- The only think fishy about the SEC is the way an SEC team kicked your team's sorry ass, and showed them for what they truly were.

- Saban is under a microscope because an agent gave some money to a Bama player, without Saban knowing? Don't see that Saban has a personal problem there, absent more facts to tie him to this.

- Miles is under a microscope for actions taken at another school in the BigXII years ago.

- Petrino banging a hot chick - that's got a lot to do with the SEC winning nattys.

- Chizik - what microscope is he under? If you are talking Scam Netwon, that is recent. Chizik isn't even a coach in the SEC any more.

- Meyer - what do you have on him. Think he trained Hernandez to be a killer? Thugs at UF? Yeah, but that is old news, too.

Finally, if you don't think agents are doing the same thing at ND and all other schools, then you truly are an idiot.

Looks like a duck walks like a duck talks like a duck it’s probably a duck. Correct me if I’m wrong here but in the saban era the NCAA has punished Alabama athletics once already and potentially a second time looming.

I don't believe it was due to anything that Saban did. I could be wrong, but I am sure the bammers will correct me.

By the way, what's the duck? THe fact that agents are slipping money to players? Yeah, that's never happened before.

Look I don’t care who’s guilty or innocent in the matter and I’m well aware that other teams are not immune to these types of shenanigans and most of you have agreed with that statement.
Clearly you do, and your SEC envy causes you to post irrational posts.

So why is it so hard to grasp the fact that any coach in the country is completely clueless? These kids were not in a titty bar after curfew they potentially broke some major rules here. The same rules many of you claim that saban does such a good job enforcing. I think he enforced them when it served him best and his history only reinforces that in my opinion.

Put up or STFU ... tell us all the times when Saban failed to enforce rules to best serve Bama. I'm waiting.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Auburn paid Fluker to take benefits from Bama boosters, all part of a plan to stop the Tide.

Fluker is from Louisiana.

Sending in Cam Rob as our next agent of destruction.

:cool2:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply from an ineligibility standpoint, if Fluker is proved to have taken money during the time period in which he played for Bama, then he would be retroactively ineligible for each game, and those games would then be retroactively forfeited.

Suppose the onus then is to discover during which games he was being paid, and thus made ineligible.

Either way, its starting to look as though even best case, Bama could be stripped of one or two national championships, assuming Fluker played in enough games during which he was also receiving money from agents.

I am not sure this is the case.

Personally, the idea that this is the case for any team is ludicrous. It's zero tolerance, or strict liability, gone amuck. The idea that one person screwing up in the past can cause entire seasons to be vacated is ludicrous. This is not a pro-SEC thing, or a pro-Bama thing ... it is just wrong in my opinion.

The reason I am not sure this is the case is a recent Ole Miss case where a player was determined to be retroactively ineligible and the NCAA didn't vacate their wins. It seems what was relevant was that Ole Miss didn't know about it, and reported it immediately.

Now, that flies in the face of "strict liability" where it doesn't matter if you knew or not. But, it is a recent case that may show a trend. I don't know all the particulars in the UNC and USC cases, but it seems to me in both of those cases there were either coaches involved, and/or the university was charged without not supervising their programs. If that becomes the case here, then I would expect wins to be vacated. If not, and it is just an agent slipping money to a player my guess is there will be no vacating wins.

It boils down to 2 things:

- Is there strict liability when it comes to a retroactively ineligible player. If so, it looks like Bama is in trouble.

- If there isn't strict liability, was there a Bama coach involved, or did Bama not supervise its program well enough.

There will be a lot more to come.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure this is the case.

Personally, the idea that this is the case for any team is ludicrous. It's zero tolerance, or strict liability, gone amuck. The idea that one person screwing up in the past can cause entire seasons to be vacated is ludicrous. This is not a pro-SEC thing, or a pro-Bama thing ... it is just wrong in my opinion.

The reason I am not sure this is the case is a recent Ole Miss case where a player was determined to be retroactively ineligible and the NCAA didn't vacate their wins. It seems what was relevant was that Ole Miss didn't know about it, and reported it immediately.

Now, that flies in the face of "strict liability" where it doesn't matter if you knew or not. But, it is a recent case that may show a trend. I don't know all the particulars in the UNC and USC cases, but it seems to me in both of those cases there were either coaches involved, and/or the university was charged without not supervising their programs. If that becomes the case here, then I would expect wins to be vacated. If not, and it is just an agent slipping money to a player my guess is there will be no vacating wins.

It boils down to 2 things:

- Is there strict liability when it comes to a retroactively ineligible player. If so, it looks like Bama is in trouble.

- If there isn't strict liability, was there a Bama coach involved, or did Bama not supervise its program well enough.

There will be a lot more to come.

I think you're right. Georgia tech and South Carolina didn't get any bowl bans and USC didn't get in any trouble. So, we'll see. UNC got a bowl ban because they had ineligible players play, I'm not sure how its different unless its because john Blake was a football coach instead of a football player.