• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! I knew I forgot to read something...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What crime, Dareus was found to not have contact with the agent who threw the party he attended and left as soon as he found out. He reported it to Saban who reported it to the NCAA and Sat Dareus until it was cleared. Two games is alot to pay for not doing anything. Caldwell was suspended for his last game ever, he went into the draft after that game, that sounds pretty harsh to not get to play in your last bowl game ever and biggest of his short career at Bama. One man or an entire group of men cannot be everywhere all the time and back door deals happen all the time. You understand life about as well as you know football.

Not important issue and not sure if already pointed out but it was Andre Smith. Saban has always been tough on his players and it isn't any different then how they attack Alabama. They will never give Saban the credit in this area either. It's been proven a hundred times; people want to see the empires fall!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy from Alabama who may or may not received money back in 2009. Is that what we are talking about here?. IMO, a lot of jealousy directed at a very successful program. I certainly want Florida to whip up on Bama, but at the same time have to respect their program.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a child that did something wrong to get in trouble? Anyone have 100 kids that one of them did something that got them in trouble? Does that make you a bad parent (coach)? :whistle:

Problem is when the second thing occurs, the innocent until proven guilty part goes out the window, especially in the sports world! How do I know? Just read this thread! :L

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know i just realized something here. How many schools are mentioned in the allegations? How many are being talked about? Can anyone say hate and jealousy? One team has been mentioned in 99.9% of the posts, but its not jealousy at all? Seems we have fairweather friends who call us their second favorite team and then stab us in the back as soon as its turned. then we have haters who want us out of the way so they have a shot.

I would rather win it on the field than watch a great team sat due to the actions of a player doing what many others do on just about every team in the NCAA. Lets turn the microscope on all the programs and see who is clean. Sit in judgment if you will, but that glass house will soon be broken.

I think the biggest reason Bama is being talked about is because there are no Mississippi State fans here. And because Tennessee is terrible and nobody cares that Tyler Bray was given money. There is nothing to take away from a team that accomplished next to nothing. Bama won a national championship with ineligible players. You know that if it was basketball and Kentucky and Alabama were mentioned that Kentucky's much more relevant in basketball and 99% of the posts would be about someone other than Alabama, right? It has nothing to do with hate a jealousy, it's just it's a bigger deal that a national powerhouse played ineligible players than it is that middle of the road teams did.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a child that did something wrong to get in trouble? Anyone have 100 kids that one of them did something that got them in trouble? Does that make you a bad parent (coach)? :whistle:

Problem is when the second thing occurs, the innocent until proven guilty part goes out the window, especially in the sports world! How do I know? Just read this thread! :L

If you ask NC State fans...yes, it makes you a terrible parent or coach because apparently it is your job.

FWIW, I completely disagree. I don't think it's Saban's fault at all, but if an ineligible player played it doesn't matter how responsible he is.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not important issue and not sure if already pointed out but it was Andre Smith. Saban has always been tough on his players and it isn't any different then how they attack Alabama. They will never give Saban the credit in this area either. It's been proven a hundred times; people want to see the empires fall!

Thanks BT, I always seem to forget it was Andre and not Antoine, atleast I got the AN right:lol:
This is a dead issue to me until we get a response from the school and reports from an investigation by the school that they found violations.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC knew about the allegations against Bush and failed to properly investigate. Furthermore, USC failed to cooperate with the NCAA:

"The Athletic Department failed to properly investigate the alleged violations or cooperate fully with the NCAA’s investigators."

There is no evidence the Alabama knew anything about having a corrupt player being paid by agents.

USC got hammered mainly because their AD (Garrett?) was acting like an arrogant ass.

At least that's the way it appeared to me.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread and allegations is why I didn't post in Okie ST thread. If Bama is guilty and can be proven guilty wins and titles should be stripped, "that's all I got to say about that".

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread and allegations is why I didn't post in Okie ST thread. If Bama is guilty and can be proven guilty wins and titles should be stripped, "that's all I got to say about that".

IMO, it's different. One article is fact based and the other is just ridiculous.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply from an ineligibility standpoint, if Fluker is proved to have taken money during the time period in which he played for Bama, then he would be retroactively ineligible for each game, and those games would then be retroactively forfeited.

Suppose the onus then is to discover during which games he was being paid, and thus made ineligible.

Either way, its starting to look as though even best case, Bama could be stripped of one or two national championships, assuming Fluker played in enough games during which he was also receiving money from agents.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply from an ineligibility standpoint, if Fluker is proved to have taken money during the time period in which he played for Bama, then he would be retroactively ineligible for each game, and those games would then be retroactively forfeited.

Suppose the onus then is to discover during which games he was being paid, and thus made ineligible.

Either way, its starting to look as though even best case, Bama could be stripped of one or two national championships, assuming Fluker played in enough games during which he was also receiving money from agents.

Once he received money he is ineligible forever. They're just gonna find out when he was first paid and should strip Bama of any wins after that date.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one who is completely clueless. Get this fact through your thick skull: AGENTS PAYING PLAYERS DOES NOT BENEFIT THE TEAM OR SCHOOL.

This is true, these kids were paid to sign with an agent after they graduated not paid to go to school at Bama or MSU. There is a huge difference. The agents don't care about the school or any sanctions handed down to the school. IF Mark Emmert was a half way rational person he would be able to realize this and change the penalties, unfortunately Mark Emmert is a complete and total ass.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Are there any teams that aren't cheating. This is making me very upset. Our beloved college football has turned ugly and is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Are there any teams that aren't cheating. This is making me very upset. Our beloved college football has turned ugly and is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Bama, MSU, and company aren't "cheating" because an agent is paying their players to leave school. Bama doesn't some how magically get better because players that are already there and already playing for them get money to leave.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once he received money he is ineligible forever. They're just gonna find out when he was first paid and should strip Bama of any wins after that date.

Yea, it's a one and done situation. If the material is true it's atleast one NC. Seems like the agent recruitment started in 2012.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But I am sure someone will acquire the Wells Fargo bank statements and video of Fluker opening a Wells Fargo account on the same day the texts occurred and see the bank transfer.

I know the NCAA cant. But someone will find a way.

If this did happen, I'm almost positive he would have used someone's account and just thrown them a hundey or two.. Don't think he would have used his own. :hope: