• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you advocating that UA take a hard "prove it" line with the NCAA?

Hell no, i want them to get out in front of an NCAA investigation and find all the facts so they can show the NCAA they knew nothing about it and want to be as helpful as possible in getting to the bottom. The NCAA looks favorably on this type of attitude among its members and shine favorably on those who take that stance. This is why i think they went after USC and tOSU, they basically gave them the finger and said, prove it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next will be Ellupo, if he hasnt shit himself in joy already.:lol:
No way I already knew the Bama players were getting paid. Nothing will come of this. But thanks for thinking of me.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, isn't Leslie tide to that OSU investigation.... :lol:

The NCAA does have a statute of limitations they follow too, but this is SI, it holds no water currently due to past screwups and false information by that group.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I already knew the Bama players were getting paid. Nothing will come of this. But thanks for thinking of me.

You came to mind immediately. I could see you with a jar of vaseline in the corner reading the yahoo report and spanking willy.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA does have a statute of limitations they follow too, but this is SI, it holds no water currently due to past screwups and false information by that group.

Thanks for the solid info... I forgot it was SI

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You came to mind immediately. I could see you with a jar of vaseline in the corner reading the yahoo report and spanking willy.

Damn it man, I didn't know you could be this hilarious. Why didn't you show this side during our last tango

:clap:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing to do is not cooperate and just deny everything (Aub. & aTm), if you cooperate and help them out, they hammer you (OSU & USC)

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their are so many rules its hard to say what the NCAA is going to interpret in any case and what punishment they will levy. Whats sad is they will go after the school and the team, but not be able to punish the player as he has moved on. They will essentially be punishing the players currently there for doing nothing wrong. This is why the system is broken and the NCAA needs to find a way to fix this. The school is not at fault, nor the players currently there, so why should they pay the price? If its proven that Fluker did this, then he alone should have to face the NCAA and this should be written into all future scholarships, that if they get caught they will have to reimburse the total cost of their education, plus a hefty fine that should be high enough to thwart such actions.

And you act as if what is here is the death sentence for Bama. whats funny is that not one other team is being talked about, but there were several, jealous much? If one player acted alone and the school had no knowledge of it, then they will get to report it to the NCAA as such and lessen their impact on the school. This has always been done and only in the case of USC has it ever been bad. I think they had it in for USC and that USC has a reason to gripe. Whats sad is this effects players that had nothing to do with it and that to me is just no right.

When its legit proof and they can tie money to players, I will believe it happened, till them its all heresay from sources with no credibility.

that's how most of us see it. so few years later still a bit bitter about it. now its nothing against Alabama or penn st, ohio st or Miami...but seeing the big punishment usc got...kinda looking at it from perspective of usc got hit with minmal evidence...now either use the same hammer or drop usc's sanctions whats left of them...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, the only questions now are the following:

1. In what manner will the NCAA punish the University of Alabama?
2. When will the hammer drop?

Depends on what Bama plans on doing....and don't listen to anyone claiming they know what is going to happen before it does. That isn't rational in the least unless someone can prove they are a board or compliance dept member at Alabama.

Bama either admits some shit went down behind their backs (I can almost guarantee it was not done with any evidence of them knowing what was happening) distances themselves from the perpetrator and points their fingers fully at him.......or they take the risk of pulling the Auburn defense and say "fuck no that shit didn't happen here." There are obvious pros and cons to each. And penalties would depend mostly on that if this is all the NCAA (or Yahoo) cares about drumming up.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it man, I didn't know you could be this hilarious. Why didn't you show this side during our last tango

:clap:

I have my nights. We started off on the wrong foot, no offense to you and none taken by me that night. I hope atleast.:suds:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned about you imagining me spanking the willy. Anything you want to tell me?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta have evidence of direct transactions to the player. It certainly doesn't look good, but it's about like the Johnny Football pictures with him signing stuff, it's not real evidence.

The NCAA is also powerless since the players have already moved on in terms of getting anything from the players.
Actually you don't NCAA doesn't act like the courts if they get credible testimony (in their opinion not ours) then the will use that and issue sanctions. Not saying anything is there just saying they don't necessarily have to have a smoking gun. It's not fair but that's how they work and apparently if Miami is an example they can be down right unethical about it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing to do is not cooperate and just deny everything (Aub. & aTm), if you cooperate and help them out, they hammer you (OSU & USC)
I second this. Whats the point of being honest with them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned about you imagining me spanking the willy. Anything you want to tell me?

Not really, just figured you for taking pleasure in another's pain. Its all good, if it happened i know one thing for sure, Saban knew nothing about it or he would have suspended him. I know the man well enough to know this to be true, reference Dareus and Caldwell to anyone who doesnt believe this to be true about Saban.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next will be Ellupo, if he hasnt shit himself in joy already.:lol:
By the way bo, for the record Bama is my favorite team in the SEC. I know they get paid and I believe the TTown story but that does not mean I don't like them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said it yourself, USC taunted them basically by saying "If you think you have a case.....prove it"!!

Bama wont do that, they will be in front of it themselves and cooperate fully, like they did in the school book situation that got a slap on the wrist. Battle is probably already on top of an investigation and knows more than the reports are saying now.

I know, we're talking about the NCAA here, though...remember? There is no rhyme or reason to what they do. Also, USC said: "If you think you have a case, prove it", but they never stood in the way of the investigation!!

They basically opened the doors and said: "Have at it"!! USC just didn't help the NCAA incriminate them (which is what the NCAA typically tries to force schools to do), they just stepped out of the way and let them do their investigation!!