• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
most of the time the source of the money or whatever few years later contacts school or player says im going public if you don't compensate me not to etc...maybe not the case....but again knew nothing doesn't necessarily mean get out of jail free card.

True! I saw that in the documentary about the SMU death penalty case.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone who missed it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqP1YDIxnq8]Saban Wednesday press conference - YouTube[/ame]

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Yahoo being behind this, i will await the physical proof and not the supposed records of conversations and invoices they have. When the NCAA gets involved and says its so, then I will believe it, till then I am holding out hope. My question is why is this "source" outing people and what connection did he have in this. Alabama has laws on the books that will hammer those responsible for improprieties connected with its college sports programs, so this could be equally bad for the "source" if he had a connection to any of it.

-
This one of my favorites. Texas has that also. It just seems to protect the guilty, not srrve the innocent

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh-oh

That is the killer gut punch that Bama fans did not want to hear.

if that one is true, then its at a different level.

Regardless of when they knew, it will immediately trigger the full NCAA investigation.

Nobody else has reported this other than Schad, so it might be false.

Schad is not the most reliable guy sometimes.

You are assuming that Alabama uncovered everything in the Yahoo article and kept it secret.

Keep dreaming.

badinflu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were living in the 1850's, I am certain that Saban could rightfully accused of not maintaining complete control over Fluker. Since slavery is abolished, the university has no right to pry into all aspects of the players life and especially without any prior allegation being made.

That was a direct quote from Paul Dee when he handed down USC sanctions.

High-profile players demand high-profile compliance,” Dee said while announcing USC’s sanctions.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the time the source of the money or whatever few years later contacts school or player says im going public if you don't compensate me not to etc...maybe not the case....but again knew nothing doesn't necessarily mean get out of jail free card.

Never said get out of jail free, said lessen the punishment. We all know that if this comes to be the truth, then Bama is going to get hit yet again for a player doing something stupid that the University knew nothing about. Its very hard to be everywhere all the time, which is why the NCAA needs to look at the situation in these cases and find ways to punish the person involved and not the schools themselves. One thing i know is if the person giving money is in the state of Alabama, the state will go after him big time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon players never took money.
THey overpaid a recruiting service for 1 guy and I told you for months it isn't Lack of Institutional Control and the punishment would be minor.

This is Reggie Bush all over again bro.

-
Stop. That service admitted he was paid to influence Lache Seatrunk. Of all the BS cases, Oregon was the only one that a team paid money to get a player and a competitive edge. Head coach was involved, so clearly it is a lack of institutional control. There is a reason Chip can not coach college this yr. Oregon got off, we have all accepted it. Just dont BS us about it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
That was a direct quote from Paul Dee when he handed down USC sanctions.

High-profile players demand high-profile compliance,” Dee said while announcing USC’s sanctions.

You are not going to get me to defend the NCAA. The big schools should have parted ways years ago with the NCAA.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Stop. That service admitted he was paid to influence Lache Seatrunk. Of all the BS cases, Oregon was the only one that a team paid money to get a player and a competitive edge. Head coach was involved, so clearly it is a lack of institutional control. There is a reason Chip can not coach college this yr. Oregon got off, we have all accepted it. Just dont BS us about it

Yeah I hate beings BS'd about a bunch of BS. This is a joke and the question is do the schools want to do something about it or live in fear of it happening to them. We all pretty much know our schools are guilty of extra something whether its benefits, or whatever. Do all the schools want to live in fear of being next to be exposed by a "yahoo" or do they want to fix the problem in a correct manner. Only time will tell, but I am sure My school is on top of this and will come out in front of the investigation that is surely going to take place. I hate it for my team, but one player is yet again the focus and this BS has to stop.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my take after reading all the posts from the Alabama fans is that everything will be ok because the school didn't know anything about it.

The NCAA bylaws state that a person who has done what has been reported by Yahoo then becomes an ineligible player. Meaning that person can not play in any games for the college he attends.

Are you then saying that any team that is in the NCAA can play all sorts of ineligible players on their teams because they didn't know they were ineligible? Or would the NCAA come down and punish the school for playing ineligible players regardless of if the college knew about it or not?

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this dropped on Bear's 100th birthday.

:tsk:

Fitting tho, wouldn't you say?

Sucks for Bama if this gets their titles and wins taken away. Am i upset? Fuck no, if Bama gets probation you might lose recruits to us. Either way hopefully it works out alright for you guys. LSU wants to beat Bama at it's best.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

It was found by the NCAA to not be LOIC. Thanks for playing.

Your team pays recruiting services just like every other team.

Oregon just paid more than the asking rate to get a player.

A player that never played a down. A player that is going to rush for 300 vs Tejas this season. A player who plays for a team at a truck stop in Texas that is better than the one in Austin.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my take after reading all the posts from the Alabama fans is that everything will be ok because the school didn't know anything about it.

The NCAA bylaws state that a person who has done what has been reported by Yahoo then becomes an ineligible player. Meaning that person can not play in any games for the college he attends.

Are you then saying that any team that is in the NCAA can play all sorts of ineligible players on their teams because they didn't know they were ineligible? Or would the NCAA come down and punish the school for playing ineligible players regardless of if the college knew about it or not?

Their are so many rules its hard to say what the NCAA is going to interpret in any case and what punishment they will levy. Whats sad is they will go after the school and the team, but not be able to punish the player as he has moved on. They will essentially be punishing the players currently there for doing nothing wrong. This is why the system is broken and the NCAA needs to find a way to fix this. The school is not at fault, nor the players currently there, so why should they pay the price? If its proven that Fluker did this, then he alone should have to face the NCAA and this should be written into all future scholarships, that if they get caught they will have to reimburse the total cost of their education, plus a hefty fine that should be high enough to thwart such actions.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting tho, wouldn't you say?

Sucks for Bama if this gets their titles and wins taken away. Am i upset? Fuck no, if Bama gets probation you might lose recruits to us. Either way hopefully it works out alright for you guys. LSU wants to beat Bama at it's best.

I knew i liked you for some reason. A smart LSU fan that wants to play a strong Bama team, not one that the NCAA has demoralized for the actions of one person. Beat us on the field, not in the rule books.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The worse that will happen is vacated wins, which really sucks because that includes a NC. That will really piss me off big time. That would be punishing the school for playing ineligible players regardless of knowing about it. I think that's dumb, but that's what they do and why I hate the NCAA. They never punish the guilty.

Now beyond that, say Alabama played him and did know. That is a huge deal and that would include the above and way more. But the chances of that happening given the current staff at Alabama is about 0%. That would be loss of future scholarships and all kinds of nasty things. Basically would kill the program for a long time.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their are so many rules its hard to say what the NCAA is going to interpret in any case and what punishment they will levy. Whats sad is they will go after the school and the team, but not be able to punish the player as he has moved on. They will essentially be punishing the players currently there for doing nothing wrong. This is why the system is broken and the NCAA needs to find a way to fix this. The school is not at fault, nor the players currently there, so why should they pay the price? If its proven that Fluker did this, then he alone should have to face the NCAA and this should be written into all future scholarships, that if they get caught they will have to reimburse the total cost of their education, plus a hefty fine that should be high enough to thwart such actions.

I agree with all you have said here think of how long ago the Penn State stuff was and who is paying for it now?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all you have said here think of how long ago the Penn State stuff was and who is paying for it now?

Yep, I've always considered the NCAA to operate like this.

Man is walking down the road, shoots and kills someone along the way. Police come and arrest the guy who walks up behind him for the crime.

It's horrible. They never punish the guilty.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse that will happen is vacated wins, which really sucks because that includes a NC. That will really piss me off big time. That would be punishing the school for playing ineligible players regardless of knowing about it. I think that's dumb, but that's what they do and why I hate the NCAA. They never punish the guilty.

Now beyond that, say Alabama played him and did know. That is a huge deal and that would include the above and way more. But the chances of that happening given the current staff at Alabama is about 0%. That would be loss of future scholarships and all kinds of nasty things. Basically would kill the program for a long time.

I agree with this. What I have a hard time believing is that Fluker would do this. He always seemed like a fine christian young man. Well spoken and really good head on his shoulders, something doesnt seem right about any of this.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I've always considered the NCAA to operate like this.

Man is walking down the road, shoots and kills someone along the way. Police come and arrest the guy who walks up behind him for the crime.

It's horrible. They never punish the guilty.

Well, the people responsible for the PSU stuff are either in jail or about to go on trial. The only reason the NCAA hit PSU is because of media pressure.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. What I have a hard time believing is that Fluker would do this. He always seemed like a fine christian young man. Well spoken and really good head on his shoulders, something doesnt seem right about any of this.

So did Judas