• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what academic standards had to do with it either, but you brought it up. Glad you like Alabama so much, seem ed to be your past time at CBS and you have started off in a similar fashion here. They take trolling serious here though, so beware or you might find yourself in deep shit quickly. Intelligent conversation about a topic is allowed, demeaning or stereotypical comments get frowned upon quickly. And if you think i am panicking, good luck with that. I know its a,likely thing it could happen, but dont think its not happening at your hallowed halls, because it is pal, deep pockets and shifty admin equals bad Catholics.

I didn't think I was trolling, I was just giving my opinions, just like everyone else here. Is that so bad? I'm sorry that your beloved Alabama is under such allegations, truly I am.

Lol@ Bad Catholics. Anything to bash a Catholic huh?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the school didn't know excuse is going to work....that was the case with usc....then they came back with lack of institution control

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
was there any proof that USC knew? several years old and all that..i haven't ever heard any proof. most usc fans I have been in contact say there wasn't any proof that usc knew they just decided to go with it to throw the hammer. they can say they think they should have and all this. is the school supposed to spy on players to ensure they aren't doing anything wrong or punish them once they do?

maybe theres more than I know. but the common consensus from usc fan base is there was no proof usc knew and that they wanted to just throw the hammer just because. so if there was please show me. even across nation a lot of fans of even other schools say usc got hosed with minimal evidence

What the NCAA calls proof would never hold up in a real court. Here is the cliff notes version of what the NCAA said against USC:

USC’s Compliance Department failed to check the incomplete registration form for Reggie Bush’s vehicle.

USC’s Compliance Department and former head football coach, Pete Carroll, failed to check the living arrangements for Bush’s family in San Diego, some 130 miles from the Los Angeles campus.

Former head coach Pete Carroll ran open practices, where the NCAA believed that sports agents and their staffers could have come in contact with the players although no such contacts were ever uncovered.

Former Athletic Director Mike Garrett failed to increase an undermanned Compliance Department that had only two employees.

The Athletic Department failed to properly investigate the alleged violations or cooperate fully with the NCAA’s investigators.

An assistant football coach, Todd McNair, was accused by Lloyd Lake of having known about Lake’s arrangements with the Bush family.

Todd McNair denied the accusation but the NCAA preferred to take the word of Lloyd Lake, an ex-convict.

The above violations were lumped together with the O.J. Mayo recruitment violation, which USC self-sanctioned, and the case of a woman’s tennis player who used an athletics department long-distance access code to make 123 unauthorized international telephone calls to family members.

By lumping all three cases together, the NCAA was able to hit USC with a Lack of Institutional Control (LOIC) violation.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I love me some Saban press conferences. Dude just clowns the reporters.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Thanks for your interest in the game."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
Umm, this is not cheating.

Cam Newton got paid to come to Auburn, that is cheating.

There was no evidence that Scam ever got paid, but his daddy's church certainly had a miraculous financial recover.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But I am sure someone will acquire the Wells Fargo bank statements and video of Fluker opening a Wells Fargo account on the same day the texts occurred and see the bank transfer.

I know the NCAA cant. But someone will find a way.

You do know that banking records and banking institution videos are protected by federal laws. Only if released by the banks themselves can they be used as evidence and that usually only happens if they have a robbery. Hacking into a bank to get video feeds and records of information will put you away for a long, long time, if you can even do it. I hack for a living and I cannot break the encryption they use at Banks, so good luck with that unless they can subpoena that information, which is highly unlikely since its not a criminal offense to open an account.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not evidence.

Keep telling yourself that...

swdmDISHONESTY.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't this cat tweet out to the world that he was getting paid a few months ago?

I remember the tweet was deleted and the Alabama spin police framed it as his twitter account being hacked.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
I didn't think I was trolling, I was just giving my opinions, just like everyone else here. Is that so bad? I'm sorry that your beloved Alabama is under such allegations, truly I am.

Lol@ Bad Catholics. Anything to bash a Catholic huh?

Alabama is not under any allegations. DJ Fluker certainly is. Yahoo did not claim that anyone in the university knew what was going on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no evidence that Scam ever got paid, but his daddy's church certainly had a miraculous financial recover.

I'm not even talking about evidence stuff.

I consider spending money to get a player to go a school as cheating, and that is what Cam falls under. Albert Means fell under that category.

When it comes to players who get agent money while at the school, that's not cheating. It's against the rules, but it's not cheating. Especially not to the point where some ignorant fan who can't deal with the reality is going to actually pretend the reason they lost some game is because of cheating. No, you lost the game because your team got it's ass kicked. Shove your stupid moral victories up your ass.

This is all about the actions of an individual. If he did it or not is beside the point in terms of it's cheating. I only wish the NCAA would go after the players for fraud directly. The only exception to that is when the school is involved or allows it to happen, then the school becomes responsible in part.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

swdmDISHONESTY.jpg

So a question for all the wannabe's and haters foaming at the mouth because they have a shot at a title if Bama gets put in the doghouse yet again?

What do you stand to gain and wouldnt you rather Bama remain the tough team they currently are and you beat them on the field, than laughing at something that could happen to your team one day soon, once Yahoo has finished with the SEC teams they wont have anywhere else to look, but at others outside the SEC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't this cat tweet out to the world that he was getting paid a few months ago?

I remember the tweet was deleted and the Alabama spin police framed it as his twitter account being hacked.

It was hacked. He doesn't talk the way the hacked tweet talked.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the school didn't know excuse is going to work....that was the case with usc....then they came back with lack of institution control

Once USC was made aware of certain allegations against Bush while Bush still played for USC, the NCAA said this of USC's compliance:

USC’s Compliance Department failed to check the incomplete registration form for Reggie Bush’s vehicle.

USC’s Compliance Department and former head football coach, Pete Carroll, failed to check the living arrangements for Bush’s family in San Diego.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was found to be a false tweet. His account got hacked and was not even in words he would use. This kid is from a christian family with a very strict upbringing, his posts are usually religious in nature and if you look back at his posts you would see that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

swdmDISHONESTY.jpg

You keep believing it is. The truth is it could be some lot lizard saying she saw someone get cash behind some truck and the majority of you would run with it. The reality is, it's not real evidence and if that is all there is, then nothing will come of it.

Evidence has to directly tie the player to the money.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama is paying players can they get the same punishment as TAMU?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
For those that refuse to read the article, Yahoo has not accused Alabama of paying players. Yahoo has accused a former player, no longer affiliated with the university, of providing 2012 player DJ Fluker agent money while he played in 2012