• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this dropped on Bear's 100th birthday.

:tsk:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, the bama fans are saying proof or GTFO and everyone else is running around with pitchforks already. Any surprises there?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
documented evidence

The evidence doesn't tie the player to the money. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can write up a invoices all day long saying it's for a player if I want, so can anyone else. The evidence has to tie the money/benefits to the player, and I haven't seen that thus far.

Worse that will come of it is vacated wins. Most painful would be vacated National Championship since the school isn't directly involved or responsible.

Shit sucks either way and pisses me off. As I've posted before, they get too much money legally already for this stupid shit to happen. I think players who do this stuff should be charged for fraud because that is exactly what they've done, they've defrauded the school by claiming to be an eligible player while not being eligible and they are screwing everyone else over in the process.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
On top of Alabama paying players, they also have no academic standards. How can anyone compete with them? Unless of course, you're playing for Les Miles at LSU.

Where is there any evidence that Alabama was paying players. The Yahoo article was about an ex-player paying a rogue player. There is ZERO evidence that Alabama knew anything about it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see how it feels losing a NATTY to a cheater?

Sucks.

Umm, this is not cheating.

Cam Newton got paid to come to Auburn, that is cheating.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what this has to do with the state of your current situation. Or your panic in other words.

But this just shows your moronic ways. Good luck!

I am not sure what academic standards had to do with it either, but you brought it up. Glad you like Alabama so much, seem ed to be your past time at CBS and you have started off in a similar fashion here. They take trolling serious here though, so beware or you might find yourself in deep shit quickly. Intelligent conversation about a topic is allowed, demeaning or stereotypical comments get frowned upon quickly. And if you think i am panicking, good luck with that. I know its a,likely thing it could happen, but dont think its not happening at your hallowed halls, because it is pal, deep pockets and shifty admin equals bad Catholics.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it have bank acoounts linked to any of the players that shows they got the money? did it have pictures of the layers getting the money or being on any trips? did it have eyewitness accounts from credible sources showing the money was given to them? if not then its easily created documents and phone conversations typed that mean nothing. You have to prove the players got these benefits, otherwise it didnt happen.

Please read the article before posting as you would find out yes there are bank account numbers: They have text messages from Fluker with his bank account he just set up at Wells Fargo to get $5000 sent to him:

Phone number tied to Davis (accompanied by a screen shot of a $5,000 deposit into Davis' bank account): "Hodge sent u this"
Phone number tied to Fluker: "What this bro?"
Phone number tied to Davis: "He sent u 5k today."
Phone number tied to Fluker: "To where"
Phone number tied to Davis: "My Wells Fargo acct. do you have a acct with them?"
Phone number tied to Fluker: "I don't"
Phone number tied to Davis: "Who all u bank with?"
Phone number tied to Fluker: "Regions. And compass"
On Dec. 28, 2012, Davis' phone had another round of text exchanges with the number tied to Fluker. They included:
Phone number tied to Fluker: "Hey I open a account at well Fargo"
Phone number tied to Davis: "Thanks! You just made it easier. Want me to transfer the 5?"
Phone number tied to Fluker: "Call me"
The number associated with Fluker then texted Davis a Wells Fargo bank account number. The text exchange concluded:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence doesn't tie the player to the money. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can write up a invoices all day long saying it's for a player if I want, so can anyone else. The evidence has to tie the money/benefits to the player, and I haven't seen that thus far.

Worse that will come of it is vacated wins. Most painful would be vacated National Championship since the school isn't directly involved or responsible.

Shit sucks either way and pisses me off. As I've posted before, they get too much money legally already for this stupid shit to happen. I think players who do this stuff should be charged for fraud because that is exactly what they've done, they've defrauded the school by claiming to be an eligible player while not being eligible and they are screwing everyone else over in the process.

Ya, they really should. One kid's even parents of kids decisions can fuck up an entire program.

As to your 1st part of post. From reading the entire article, I took it as documented evidence. Varying opinion on that I spose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
THe exact same thing was said re: USC's defense the day the story broke in Los Angeles. For your program's sake I hope you are right.

Remember. Bama has a prior violation where the AD is committed to fully cooperate on monitoring its athletic department.

If the compliance department knew and they played Fluker anyway, then we should get hammered. However, Saban is not that type. I predict that he will not play Stinson this Saturday simply because his name came up in this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please read the article before posting as you would find out yes there are bank account numbers: They have text messages from Fluker with his bank account he just set up at Wells Fargo to get $5000 sent to him:

Phone number tied to Davis (accompanied by a screen shot of a $5,000 deposit into Davis' bank account): "Hodge sent u this"
Phone number tied to Davis: "My Wells Fargo acct. do you have a acct with them?"
On Dec. 28, 2012, Davis' phone had another round of text exchanges with the number tied to Fluker. They included:
Phone number tied to Davis: "Thanks! You just made it easier. Want me to transfer the 5?"
The number associated with Fluker then texted Davis a Wells Fargo bank account number. The text exchange concluded:

That is not evidence.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, they really should. One kid's even parents of kids decisions can fuck up an entire program.

As to your 1st part of post. From reading the entire article, I took it as documented evidence. Varying opinion on that I spose.

You gotta have evidence of direct transactions to the player. It certainly doesn't look good, but it's about like the Johnny Football pictures with him signing stuff, it's not real evidence.

The NCAA is also powerless since the players have already moved on in terms of getting anything from the players.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the compliance department knew and they played Fluker anyway, then we should get hammered. However, Saban is not that type. I predict that he will not play Stinson this Saturday simply because his name came up in this.

It all comes down to one rogue guy taking benefits. I am sure Saban would personally kick his ass if he even had a whiff of this BS. Even if he is a third Fluker's size.

But it is just one of these NCAA by laws that punishes a program for a situation totally out of the football program's hands.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
The part of the NCAA code of it not being permissible to accept cash or gifts from agents does not say anything about if the college the player was from knew about it. It does not matter if the college knew about it. It is the colleges responsibility to make sure it's players are not doing these things that are wrong. Because in this case it seems they messed up in doing that there could be some negative issues they will now have to deal with

You are obviously misinformed on the NCAA. If what you say were true, then they would not have gotten rid of the control that coaches had with athletic dorms. Of course, you are wrong, but you can quote some provision of the bylaws that I may have missed.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not evidence.

No. But I am sure someone will acquire the Wells Fargo bank statements and video of Fluker opening a Wells Fargo account on the same day the texts occurred and see the bank transfer.

I know the NCAA cant. But someone will find a way.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was it a camera phone that showed Fluker on the phone? Seems like you want to convict based on this possibly being a phone conversation between two people, but dont know who these two people actually are based on this information except to see that its supposed to be from a player to an agent liaison. Circumstantial at best. Show me a picture of him getting the money or a bank statement he signed where he got the money.