• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you find that funny, its true and happened right after Logan got caught as a booster paying for Albert Means. Its on the books as a law and they are not shy about prosecuting.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Yahoo being behind this, i will await the physical proof and not the supposed records of conversations and invoices they have. When the NCAA gets involved and says its so, then I will believe it, till then I am holding out hope. My question is why is this "source" outing people and what connection did he have in this. Alabama has laws on the books that will hammer those responsible for improprieties connected with its college sports programs, so this could be equally bad for the "source" if he had a connection to any of it.

Did you click the link and read the article? Most all of the evidence is literally right there..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
Oregon players never took money.
THey overpaid a recruiting service for 1 guy and I told you for months it isn't Lack of Institutional Control and the punishment would be minor.

This is Reggie Bush all over again bro.

USC knew about the allegations against Bush and failed to properly investigate. Furthermore, USC failed to cooperate with the NCAA:

"The Athletic Department failed to properly investigate the alleged violations or cooperate fully with the NCAA’s investigators."

There is no evidence the Alabama knew anything about having a corrupt player being paid by agents.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you click the link and read the article? Most all of the evidence is literally right there..

Actually all I seen was circumstantial evidence.

I'm waiting for more details.

As for the NCAA not punishing because SEC schools, you are some stupid dipshits if you believe that and have no knowledge of history.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC knew about the allegations against Bush and failed to properly investigate. Furthermore, USC failed to cooperate with the NCAA:

"The Athletic Department failed to properly investigate the alleged violations or cooperate fully with the NCAA’s investigators."

There is no evidence the Alabama knew anything about having a corrupt player being paid by agents.

It doesn't matter. If he violated the bylaw, he is retroactively ineligible, and Alabama played an ineligible player. Part of institutional control is making sure your players aren't accepting impermissible benefits..

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you find that funny, its true and happened right after Logan got caught as a booster paying for Albert Means. Its on the books as a law and they are not shy about prosecuting.

What state do you think of when you say these four names?

Auburn. Cam Newton. Gene Chizik. Bobby Lowder.

If there is a law, it is selectively used. Bobby Lowder is as dirty as a booster as there ever has been.

If you can provide a link where Bobby Lowder is prosecuted and convicted by the State of Alabama, I will believe it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of Alabama paying players, they also have no academic standards. How can anyone compete with them? Unless of course, you're playing for Les Miles at LSU.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did it have bank acoounts linked to any of the players that shows they got the money? did it have pictures of the layers getting the money or being on any trips? did it have eyewitness accounts from credible sources showing the money was given to them? if not then its easily created documents and phone conversations typed that mean nothing. You have to prove the players got these benefits, otherwise it didnt happen.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THe exact same thing was said re: USC's defense the day the story broke in Los Angeles. For your program's sake I hope you are right.

Remember. Bama has a prior violation where the AD is committed to fully cooperate on monitoring its athletic department.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What state do you think of when you say these four names?

Auburn. Cam Newton. Gene Chizik. Bobby Lowder.

If there is a law, it is selectively used. Bobby Lowder is as dirty as a booster as there ever has been.

If you can provide a link where Bobby Lowder is prosecuted and convicted by the State of Alabama, I will believe it.

If you can provide me one where he has been proven guilty of giving money to players it would be appreciated, otherwise its hot air (and i hate fucking Auburn)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it have bank acoounts linked to any of the players that shows they got the money? did it have pictures of the layers getting the money or being on any trips? did it have eyewitness accounts from credible sources showing the money was given to them? if not then its easily created documents and phone conversations typed that mean nothing. You have to prove the players got these benefits, otherwise it didnt happen.

We are in day 1

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of Alabama paying players, they also have no academic standards. How can anyone compete with them? Unless of course, you're playing for Les Miles at LSU.

Ah yes, the losers in blue and gold credo, "they have no academic standards" Teo find his girlfriend yet?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually all I seen was circumstantial evidence.

I'm waiting for more details.

As for the NCAA not punishing because SEC schools, you are some stupid dipshits if you believe that and have no knowledge of history.

this

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remove the houndstooth painted glasses. Reread the story. They link almost all of the evidence, among totally random players on three different teams, with evidence.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence that is not there is anything showing that the university and compliance department knew that this was going on.

The part of the NCAA code of it not being permissible to accept cash or gifts from agents does not say anything about if the college the player was from knew about it. It does not matter if the college knew about it. It is the colleges responsibility to make sure it's players are not doing these things that are wrong. Because in this case it seems they messed up in doing that there could be some negative issues they will now have to deal with

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teo find his girlfriend yet?

I'm not sure what this has to do with the state of your current situation. Or your panic in other words.

But this just shows your moronic ways. Good luck!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was there any proof that USC knew? several years old and all that..i haven't ever heard any proof. most usc fans I have been in contact say there wasn't any proof that usc knew they just decided to go with it to throw the hammer. they can say they think they should have and all this. is the school supposed to spy on players to ensure they aren't doing anything wrong or punish them once they do?

maybe theres more than I know. but the common consensus from usc fan base is there was no proof usc knew and that they wanted to just throw the hammer just because. so if there was please show me. even across nation a lot of fans of even other schools say usc got hosed with minimal evidence

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was there any proof that USC knew? several years old and all that..i haven't ever heard any proof. most usc fans I have been in contact say there wasn't any proof that usc knew they just decided to go with it to throw the hammer. they can say they think they should have and all this. is the school supposed to spy on players to ensure they aren't doing anything wrong or punish them once they do?

maybe theres more than I know. but the common consensus from usc fan base is there was no proof usc knew and that they wanted to just throw the hammer just because. so if there was please show me. even across nation a lot of fans of even other schools say usc got hosed with minimal evidence

We should all listen very closely when USC fans speak in regards to the situation.

not a slam on you. Just you know more about this than most.