• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC is so good, then why do they feel the need to schedule cupcakes? 8 conference games, 1 good ooc game, and usually 3 garbage teams.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC is so good, then why do they feel the need to schedule cupcakes? 8 conference games, 1 good ooc game, and usually 3 garbage teams.
Is that much different than 9 conference games and 3 garbage teams?

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same reason Washington plays Rutgers, Montana and Fresno State OOC. You play 9 conference games, so you can always bank on that in-conference game to be against at least a half-decent opponent.

Alabama plays FSU
Auburn plays @ Clemson
Florida plays Michigan
Georgia plays @ Notre Dame and @ Georgia Tech
Tennessee plays Georgia Tech
Texas A&M plays @ UCLA
Ole Miss plays @ Cal

The conference schedule is already tough enough, and these schools don't give a shit about appeasing fans from different conferences.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha tell us again how people need the SEC to "beat each other up" when they go 6-7 in bowls.

Your first sentence is dead on for the 2011/2012 MNC game.

giphy.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same reason Washington plays Rutgers, Montana and Fresno State OOC. You play 9 conference games, so you can always bank on that in-conference game to be against at least a half-decent opponent.

Alabama plays FSU
Auburn plays @ Clemson
Florida plays Michigan
Texas A&M plays @ UCLA
Ole Miss plays @ Cal

The conference schedule is already tough enough, and these schools don't give a shit about appeasing fans from different conferences.

LOL.You wrote the conference is already tough enough .

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washing

Alabama plays FSU
Auburn plays @ Clemson
Florida plays Michigan
Texas A&M plays @ UCLA
Ole Miss plays @ Cal

Washington didn't always play ooc cupcakes. It's a good thing they added real teams in the upcoming years.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont tout how good the SEC is, but i do remember Alabama dining on Husky this past year. So honestly, when anyone from Washington or USC starts whining about the SEC or Alabama, it comes off like so much spilled milk.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC version would be:

Cupcake
Stanford
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake

That would only be true if Alabama was playing their schedule...When USC is playing a team they are big time rivalries...like Notre Dame, LOL.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont tout how good the SEC is, but i do remember Alabama dining on Husky this past year. So honestly, when anyone from Washington or USC starts whining about the SEC or Alabama, it comes off like so much spilled milk.

Alabama is a great great team, Talent everywhere , deep and the best coach in college. No disputing that. The rest of the SEC isn't spectacular. LSU and Auburn are still good Florida isn't the monster it was with Urban. The problem is you get to talking about conferences and right away a Bama fan starts talking like the Tide is the only team in the conference and if they win a game or have a great season somehow it's the SEC thats great .
I for one loved seeing them in person and with every years best recruiting class I doubt another SEC team is going to catch them any time soon.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washing

Washington didn't always play ooc cupcakes. It's a good thing they added real teams in the upcoming years.

Teams that don't play cupcake games are the cupcakes.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe because you never have? lol. I would have rather gone to Tuscaloosa but that had to do.
Itb was the first game of the season. Alabama was ranked #1 USC was in the 20s. A win wasn't really expected. The 2005 game against Texas was a heartbreaker not this one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because you never have? lol. I would have rather gone to Tuscaloosa but that had to do.
Itb was the first game of the season. Alabama was ranked #1 USC was in the 20s. A win wasn't really expected. The 2005 game against Texas was a heartbreaker not this one.

I don't give a shit what your expectations were, getting blown out 52-6 is never something you love seeing.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit what your expectations were, getting blown out 52-6 is never something you love seeing.

lol. See thats the difference in our perspectives. I've gone to 2003 USC Oklahoma, the USC Ohio State game, the USC Texas game , USC at Auburn ,been to USC at Notre dame a bunch of times and plenty of USC Rose Bowls and many others. You watch every game at home . The USC Bama game started three days before for me ,meeting up with old Marine friends . The day before , the meeting up with all the fans at the park in dallas, the food, the drinks that night , bar hopping with the USC fans. My friend lost our tickets the day before and we had to buy another set which sucked. Would I have liked it more if they won or been more competitive? Yeah no doubt. The was little doubt Alabama was better hence the rankings before the game but we all went anyway because its about the event. For you it was a 3hour investment in a team that you follow from your couch. Even with the loss I have good memories from that trip. On a pure quality of experience I got much more than you get from any of your wins. You can argue it all you want but its like telling me I only fucked a 6 when all you do is jack off to playboy.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is a great great team, Talent everywhere , deep and the best coach in college. No disputing that. The rest of the SEC isn't spectacular. LSU and Auburn are still good Florida isn't the monster it was with Urban. The problem is you get to talking about conferences and right away a Bama fan starts talking like the Tide is the only team in the conference and if they win a game or have a great season somehow it's the SEC thats great .
I for one loved seeing them in person and with every years best recruiting class I doubt another SEC team is going to catch them any time soon.
If we want an actual look and break down of Alabama and Saban?

Alabama only plays 1 tough OOC game a year.It is the opening game of the season as well as a neutral site game.Which gives him the entire off season to prepare.As well as removing home field advantages and travel.That play a role in home and homes

Saban also requires a bye week before the LSU rivalry game every season.

And an FCS team before the Auburn rivalry game every season.Basically another Bye week

The only time he won a national championship in the Play Off era.Was when Alabama drew an injury depleted Michigan State team.That played a much more taxing conference schedule.And was arguably in the play offs due to a fluke play.

Without these aspects he has been shown to struggle

With that said Saban only seems to have success.When he is benefitting from human rankings and polls.As well as requiring time to prepare for what would be legitimate games. If he did not need to manipulate the system to allow time to prepare and water down the importance of those games and rankings.By working the SEC system.

So in reality.is this why Saban was unable to have success outside the SEC? Does anyone realistically believe he could compete in one of the many conferences that play much more taxing schedules. Especially late in November..Is Saban the elite coach he claims to be.Or is he merely a product of the SEC system.

I honestly don't know if he can handle an actual 9 game conference schedule tbh