• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet...it wasn't Alabama that was being talked about being left out of the playoffs because of their schedule...I believe it was Washington...despite playing 9 game conference schedule....how is this possible. I guess a 9 game PAC-12 schedule can't make up for playing a shit OOC schedule.
You do realize not playing a 9 game conference schedule. And scheduling a ringer. Effects the entire dynamics of the conference. Makes the whole conference appear stronger than it is. Through redistribution of numbers. Via manipulating conference losses

Which really makes that arguement moot

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would only be true if Alabama was playing their schedule...When USC is playing a team they are big time rivalries...like Notre Dame, LOL.

You aren't actually saying that with a straight face right? Considering how ESPN and CBS deep throat the SEC "it's a beat each other up league" compared to everyone else.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet...it wasn't Alabama that was being talked about being left out of the playoffs because of their schedule...I believe it was Washington...despite playing 9 game conference schedule....how is this possible. I guess a 9 game PAC-12 schedule can't make up for playing a shit OOC schedule.

Alabama was undefeated, the other 3 teams had 1 loss. Did you really think bama would be left out compared to any of the other 3??

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do SEC & ACC teams hate playing their fellow conference members? It's pretty fvcking sad when four year SEC & ACC players will have graduated without having ever played a 1/3 of their conference.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do SEC & ACC teams hate playing their fellow conference members? It's pretty fvcking sad when four year SEC & ACC players will have graduated without having ever played a 1/3 of their conference.
@ralphiewvu hit the nail on the head. Its amazing how some people seem to ignore the simple facts.Play an actual conference opponent instead of a fluffer. And play an actual meaningful game.The win loss ratio shifts.The Rankings shift.And well certain conference lose that luster.That is really just an illusion that depends on an FCS boost anyway.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We don't suck, it just appears that way because of scheduling, even though our top2 teams both got the shit kicked out of them by Alabama" - Pac12 fans in this thread.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes back to why the South lost the Civil War. You can't win a war with a big fat ol yella streak down the middle of your back.
If you apply the same principle in reverse.Remove a conference game from the conferences that play 9.Replace it with an FCS scrimmage game.And those conferences appear stronger.Fuck that shit tho its just weak. I'll take solid competition and great games every time

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you apply the same principle in reverse.Remove a conference game from the conferences that play 9.Replace it with an FCS scrimmage game.And those conferences appear stronger.Fuck that shit tho its just weak. I'll take solid competition and great games every time
Further proof the ACC & SEC hates on college football.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further proof the ACC & SEC hates on college football.
They are watering it down with meaningless games. playing an FCS team in November is embarrassing. There's more respect in losing to a quality team or conference opponent. A lot of fear in some conferences imo. FCS, expanding the play offs, home and homes.....

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008. Tide has played Georgia twice in that span. "

Utah and Colorado joined the PAC in 2011. The PAC spit into North and South with both of those schools going to the south.

Washington in the North will play Utah for the 4th time this season and Colorado the 6th time since both teams joined the conference.
Kinda shows you were those extra games they ( not playing the 9th conference game) get go.

Last edited:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008. Tide has played Georgia twice in that span. "

Utah and Colorado joined the PAC in 2011. The PAC spit into North and South with both of those schools going to the south.

Washington in the North will play Utah for the 4th time this season and Colorado the 6th time since both teams joined the conference.
Kinda shows you were those extra games they ( not playing the 9th conference game) get go.
The SEC & ACC are college football conferences on paper only. I thought for sure the SEC would move to a 9 game conference schedule after adding TAMU and Mizzou but its not happening.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't actually saying that with a straight face right? Considering how ESPN and CBS deep throat the SEC "it's a beat each other up league" compared to everyone else.

Better to have your league deep throated by ESPN than have your shit pushed in by every other conference.

Congrats on going 4-2 in your bowl games this year, was looking a little dismal prior to that. I guess when you only send 6 teams and one isn't in the playoffs that's what you can expect. Not that WVU is doing much about that...what are you guys 1-5 in bowl games since joining the conference...good thing you sneaked that 1-pointer out against 6-6 Zona St.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC & ACC are college football conferences on paper only. I thought for sure the SEC would move to a 9 game conference schedule after adding TAMU and Mizzou but its not happening.

That kinda puts a light on it. In three less years Washington will have played two teams not in their division 10 (6&4)times and Alabama has played Georgia twice . Chattanooga , Mercer, Charleston Southern , Kent State are conference foes more than Georgia is. lol

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kinda puts a light on it. In three less years Washington will have played two teams not in their division 10 (6&4)times and Alabama has played Georgia twice . Chattanooga , Mercer, Charleston Southern , Kent State are conference foes more than Georgia is. lol
I've wondered many a time why southerners hate on college football so much and I still haven't come up with an explanation for that.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was undefeated, the other 3 teams had 1 loss.
Did you really think bama would be left out compared to any of the other 3??

Nope, and I think a two loss Alabama gets in over a 1-loss Washington or WVU.

Shit, a no loss Washington team better hope their wins over whatever amounts to quality on their conference slate aren't close.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, and I think a two loss Alabama gets in over a 1-loss Washington or WVU.

Shit, a no loss Washington team better hope their wins over whatever amounts to quality on their conference slate aren't close.

English please. lol. One too many beers for you.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at Utah and Colorado. Prior to this past season Colorado was an embarrassment to college football, let alone the Pac-12. Shit, they had 5 conference wins in 5 years coming in to last season and you want to brag on them. Utah at least has been mediocre since joining the Pac-12.

Colorado did manage to beat Washington St the year they lost all their other games...including an FCS loss and a 55 point loss to Fresno St...but I guess that just points to the competitive beat each other up nature of the PAC. They topped that by beating both their FCS opponents the following year...and Cal, who unfortunately only had the one win over FCS Portland St.

It's a good thing the PAC has added all these quality teams to improve the brand. It's too bad only the East Coast bias has kept them from winning a National Championship this Century. Fight On.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Utah and Colorado. Prior to this past season Colorado was an embarrassment to college football, let alone the Pac-12. Shit, they had 5 conference wins in 5 years coming in to last season and you want to brag on them. Utah at least has been mediocre since joining the Pac-12.

Colorado did manage to beat Washington St the year they lost all their other games...including an FCS loss and a 55 point loss to Fresno St...but I guess that just points to the competitive beat each other up nature of the PAC. They topped that by beating both their FCS opponents the following year...and Cal, who unfortunately only had the one win over FCS Portland St.

It's a good thing the PAC has added all these quality teams to improve the brand. It's too bad only the East Coast bias has kept them from winning a National Championship this Century. Fight On.
Ya because playing Tenn - Chattanooga beats playing a conference member. As far as Utah goes, they recently won both home & away games vs Harbaugh's Michigan teams and the last time they played Bama they beat the Tide like a rented mule in the Sugar Bowl.

Again I don't understand why the SEC teams avoid playing each other. It's pretty fvked up when you don't even play your own conference members.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya because playing Tenn - Chattanooga beats playing a conference member. As far as Utah goes, they recently won both home & away games vs Harbaugh's Michigan teams and the last time they played Bama they beat the Tide like a rented mule in the Sugar Bowl.

Again I don't understand why the SEC teams avoid playing each other. It's pretty fvked up when you don't even play your own conference members.

Yup, and Boise state once beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl...doesn't make either one a blue-blood, just like 52-6 doesn't make USC a shit program.

We avoid playing each other for the same reason PAC-12 teams are so eager to play each other...looking for the easy win. Although as the only team that consistently has voted for a 9 game conference schedule, you'll have to get a better reason out of the other duckers.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and Boise state once beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl...doesn't make either one a blue-blood, just like 52-6 doesn't make USC a shit program.

We avoid playing each other for the same reason PAC-12 teams are so eager to play each other...looking for the easy win. Although as the only team that consistently has voted for a 9 game conference schedule, you'll have to get a better reason out of the other duckers.
Looking for the easy win eh. The SEC East is barely one rung above an FCS division so cut the crap. It would be the SEC East teams you would play if you people ever decided to actually play your own conference members.