• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
English please. lol. One too many beers for you.

Due to the putrid stench of emanating from their non-conference slate of games, it would be in the best interest of Washington fans(should they be so fortunate as to finish unbeaten) to hope for impressive wins against their conference opponents.

Does that clear it up for you?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the putrid stench of emanating from their non-conference slate of games, it would be in the best interest of Washington fans(should they be so fortunate as to finish unbeaten) to hope for impressive wins against their conference opponents.

Does that clear it up for you?
UW has a pretty crappy OOC schedule last year and this season due to the fact Wisconsin went all chickenshit and backed out of the home & away with us. That left Washington scrambling to find someone to fill in those slots quick like and Rutgers was available. That was when Rutgers had just finished going 8 - 4. Believe it or not it's a home & away series with an OOC opponent, something Bama isn't familiar with. Washington travels to Atlanta next season to play Auburn and then plays BYU the following week not to mention Washington has a home & away with Michigan and Ohio St. in the near future. Don't forget Washington also has a 9 game conference schedule on top of that. The PAC teams averaged 10.25 regular season P5 opponents last year to the SEC's 9. That's like having half the NFL play a 16 game schedule and having the other half play a 15 game schedule.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for the easy win eh. The SEC East is barely one rung above an FCS division so cut the crap. It would be the SEC East teams you would play if you people ever decided to actually play your own conference members.
Again by avoiding a 9 game conference schedule it holds a direct bearing on win loss. Theres a major disparity between.Playing an FCS team to avoid conference losses.And losing to a conference rival. Its shifting the numbers.Which makes the attempts to claim otherwise invalid at best. And to compare an FCS team with a conference opponent or PBS team is laughable.Which leads us to the south hates college football imo

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for the easy win eh. The SEC East is barely one rung above an FCS division so cut the crap. It would be the SEC East teams you would play if you people ever decided to actually play your own conference members.

Oregon St has 1/6th of FCS wins over FBS opponents this decade, so I'm not sure who is one rung above an FCS division, but I think I know who is one rung below.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon St has 1/6th of FCS wins over FBS opponents this decade, so I'm not sure who is one rung above an FCS division, but I think I know who is one rung below.
Florida lost to an FCS team three years back, South Carolina lost to an FCS team two seasons ago ... ya.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be missing the point. It's not just about FBS/FCS. Which I don't think the two should play. It's like pros playing farm teams. And part of it is schedule manipulation. And using FCS teams as a bye week before a rivalry game. Which is pretty bad.But on point

By substituting an FCS team an easy win. And not playing a 9 game conference schedule. It's manipulating win loss,standings and over all records.when youbplay a conference opponent one team will lose. So it's shifting a loss from one team. To boost the teams records. Which has implications from giving the illusion a conference is stronger than it actually is in the rankings. All the way down to bowl implications.Take away that easy win and add a loss from a meaningful game. And 6-6 is now 5-7. It's simple math really. This is where it's bad for college football as a whole

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again by avoiding a 9 game conference schedule it holds a direct bearing on win loss. Theres a major disparity between.Playing an FCS team to avoid conference losses.And losing to a conference rival. Its shifting the numbers.Which makes the attempts to claim otherwise invalid at best. And to compare an FCS team with a conference opponent or PBS team is laughable.Which leads us to the south hates college football imo

The PAC-12 South has made Arizona St look like a good football team since expansion. If it wasn't for Wisconsin and the bonehead Stave, Zona St would have no wins against ranked OOC opponents, but somehow they have won the South outright once and tied for second twice, all while going 2-3 in their bowl games with amazing wins over Duke and Navy, lol.

USC should be ashamed of not winning this half of the conference every year, even on double secret probation.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be missing the point. It's not just about FBS/FCS. Which I don't think the two should play. It's like pros playing farm teams. And part of it is schedule manipulation. And using FCS teams as a bye week before a rivalry game. Which is pretty bad.But on point

By substituting an FCS team an easy win. And not playing a 9 game conference schedule. It's manipulating win loss,standings and over all records.when youbplay a conference opponent one team will lose. So it's shifting a loss from one team. To boost the teams records. Which has implications from giving the illusion a conference is stronger than it actually is in the rankings. All the way down to bowl implications.Take away that easy win and add a loss from a meaningful game. And 6-6 is now 5-7. It's simple math really. This is where it's bad for college football as a whole

Meh, the shitty teams in a conference are the shitty teams and the good teams are the good teams. If you want to split hairs about whether a 5-4 team is better than a 4-4 team, that's just that...splitting hairs. Playing 9 games didn't get Washington in and playing 8 didn't keep Alabama out. Until they quit inviting the SEC winner to the dance I'm not going to get too worked up about it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC-12 South has made Arizona St look like a good football team since expansion. If it wasn't for Wisconsin and the bonehead Stave, Zona St would have no wins against ranked OOC opponents, but somehow they have won the South outright once and tied for second twice, all while going 2-3 in their bowl games with amazing wins over Duke and Navy, lol.

USC should be ashamed of not winning this half of the conference every year, even on double secret probation.
Part of the aura of college football is playing your own conference members. It means travelling to their stadiums and vice versa. That thought process is beyond the likes of the ACC & SEC. It's like those two conferences hate on the spirit of college football.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the aura of college football is playing your own conference members. It means travelling to their stadiums and vice versa. That thought process is beyond the likes of the ACC & SEC. It's like those two conferences hate on the spirit of college football.

...and here I was thinking that we all were trying to win National Championships...oddly something the SEC and ACC seem to have figured out of late.

I could see why fans of PAC-12 schools would be more inclined to try to dumb this down in to some kind of participation trophy ceremony...y'all might actually win one of those.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and here I was thinking that we all were trying to win National Championships...oddly something the SEC and ACC seem to have figured out of late.

I could see why fans of PAC-12 schools would be more inclined to try to dumb this down in to some kind of participation trophy ceremony...y'all might actually win one of those.
Any college football conference that goes out of their way to avoid playing their own conference members is not a real conference. It's a pseudo conference.

Last edited:

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. Bama whoops USC, yet USC is still ranked higher than the rest of the SEC. That is a pathetic conference when the team Bama whoops is still miles above the rest of the league. How can you conference honk and defend the scheduling of garbage teams? Alabama is a freak of nature because of the recruiting, however the SEC has no excuses for playing bitch ass teams. I can't stand the fact that we had
Portland st. on our schedule, yet sec fans defend games vs Mercer etc. Fucking Pathetic not to play a descent team each weak.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pac fans dumb things down so the southerners can understand our logic.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again this is simple math. Let's try this in reverse like the SEC does.Subtract a conference game and add a win to the PAC standings. By avoiding the conference loss all the PAC teams. Have the appearance they are better. As well as gaining more teams that are bowl eligible. Its really simple shifting numbers and gimmick scheduling

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Mondays & Nick Saban have in common?

They both suck!:harbaugh:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is simple math. Let's try this in reverse like the SEC does.Subtract a conference game and add a win to the PAC standings. By avoiding the conference loss all the PAC teams. Have the appearance they are better. As well as gaining more teams that are bowl eligible. Its really simple shifting numbers and gimmick scheduling

IKR
Instead of just saying "hey it works for us" they go on and on trying to defend it and playing make believe it doesn't affect anything.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is simple math.

It is simple math, and I've done the math for you.

You are crying about less than 3% of the schedule.

And that's why Pac12 teams playing 9 game schedules can't manage tougher SoS's.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKR
Instead of just saying "hey it works for us" they go on and on trying to defend it and playing make believe it doesn't affect anything.

How about some real math.

It's a maximum total difference of 7 wins on an entire season of 168 games total for the SEC season.

Max would all 14 teams winning their OOC game. With the extra conference game, the outcome is known, it would be 7 wins and 7 losses.

Leaving a result of 7 extra losses max, 4.1% of the entire season in a best case scenario.

But even those 7 losses would have little effect overall. Because those 7 losses are generally going to be put on the worse teams, not the best.

So yeah, it doesn't mean shit and that's why you still see the SEC as having overall tougher schedules than other conferences. If there was any real effect, it would show up in the SoS rankings.

QXOyibL.png

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've done the math.lol. Half the conference gets one more win. Yeah that's just 3%. lol

Whats the math on Bama playing Georgia only 2 times since 2008 ? What's the math on playing Chattanooga more than a conference foe in nine years? Whats the math on playing Mercer, Southern Carolina , UAB the same amount of times as a conference foe in nine years?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe @AlaskaGuy can help you with that math.Replacing conference losses with FCS wins. Equals schedule and record manipulation. Obviously you see it. Or you wouldn't take the time to reply or deflect with "crying".