• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've done the math.lol. Half the conference gets one more win. Yeah that's just 3%. lol

Whats the math on Bama playing Georgia only 2 times since 2008 ? What's the math on playing Chattanooga more than a conference foe in nine years? Whats the math on playing Mercer, Southern Carolina , UAB the same amount of times as a conference foe in nine years?

You were great in Joe Dirt.

17803bab7e418c0eb0e104c494c3da83.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is simple math, and I've done the math for you.

You are crying about less than 3% of the schedule.

And that's why Pac12 teams playing 9 game schedules can't manage tougher SoS's.
Well for each team it's 8% of their schedule.
For 2017 non conference P5 opponents
Florida - Michigan and FSU
Georgia - GT and Notre Dame
Kentucky - Louisville
Missouri - Purdue (and UConn but not P5)
South Carolina - NC State and Clemson
Tennessee - Georgia Tech
Vanderbilt - Kansas State

Alabama - Florida State
Arkansas - TCU
Auburn - Clemson
LSU - BYU and Syracuse
Miss State - BYU
Ole Miss - Cal
aTm - UCLA

So of the 14 teams, four are using their extra non conference game to schedule an extra P5.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about some real math.

It's a maximum total difference of 7 wins on an entire season of 168 games total for the SEC season.

Max would all 14 teams winning their OOC game. With the extra conference game, the outcome is known, it would be 7 wins and 7 losses.

Leaving a result of 7 extra losses max, 4.1% of the entire season in a best case scenario.

But even those 7 losses would have little effect overall. Because those 7 losses are generally going to be put on the worse teams, not the best.

So yeah, it doesn't mean shit and that's why you still see the SEC as having overall tougher schedules than other conferences. If there was any real effect, it would show up in the SoS rankings.

QXOyibL.png

Hey Einstein. When you play a conference foe not only do you get an extra loss for half the conference the fact that you played that game means one less chance to schedule Presbyterian and Towsend for the both of you.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky - Louisville
Tennessee - Georgia Tech

Alabama - Florida State
Arkansas - TCU
Auburn - Clemson
LSU - BYU and Syracuse
Miss State - BYU
Ole Miss - Cal
aTm - UCLA

So of the 14 teams, four are using their extra non conference game to schedule an extra P5.

Find out how many SEC teams play road (not neutral) OCC games. It's pretty pathetic.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find out how many SEC teams play road (not neutral) OCC games. It's pretty pathetic.
If all the teams played two non conference P5 opponents there would be more road games. The assumption that all the SEC is playing only one P5, although mostly true is not completely true. Also the other team who they are playing in the Neutral site games are not playing road games either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky - Louisville
Tennessee - Georgia Tech

Alabama - Florida State
Arkansas - TCU
Auburn - Clemson
LSU - BYU and Syracuse
Miss State - BYU
Ole Miss - Cal
aTm - UCLA

8% of their schedule for half the teams, since the other half are for sure wins.

And when it comes to scheduling extra P5 games, it seems that having a permament OOC rival is pretty key for all schools. That's why Florida, Georgia and South Carolina get them. LSU doesn't really have much quality there and don't usually do that.

Pretty much any school that plays Notre Dame has it etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Einstein. When you play a conference foe not only do you get an extra loss for half the conference the fact that you played that game means one less chance to schedule Presbyterian and Towsend for the both of you.

Ummm, you do understand that all 14 SEC teams can't lose when they play each other right? One SEC team actually does win.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice can't defend the truth so we get gifs. LOL

You said a bunch of random shit.

Or what the fuck is the math on Alabama playing Georiga twice in 8 years, other than Alabama playing Georgia twice in 8 years?

You want to know how many times Alabama won? 100%.

Want to know how many championships Alabama won the same season it played Georgia? 66% of the time if you count SEC Championship games, 50% if you don't.

Last edited:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8% of their schedule for half the teams, since the other half are for sure wins.

And when it comes to scheduling extra P5 games, it seems that having a permament OOC rival is pretty key for all schools. That's why Florida, Georgia and South Carolina get them. LSU doesn't really have much quality there and don't usually do that.

Pretty much any school that plays Notre Dame has it etc.
I was just posting pure facts and people can take from it what they like, but if anything it could be construed as more of a defense for the SEC since 30% of the SEC is playing ten P5 opponents rather than everyone assuming that they all are only playing 9.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, you do understand that all 14 SEC teams can't lose when they play each other right? One SEC team actually does win.
@socaljim242 did not say 14 SEC teams would lose. What he said was half of the games played by playing a conference games. Would equate to losses. And that one loss holds a direct impact on both the conference and over all standings and even things like bowl eligibility . Which is a big differential from tagging on a win against and FCS team in place of that loss. There's a reason certain conferences utilize a meaningless game over conference game. This is really simple math and logic

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet...it wasn't Alabama that was being talked about being left out of the playoffs because of their schedule...I believe it was Washington...despite playing 9 game conference schedule....how is this possible. I guess a 9 game PAC-12 schedule can't make up for playing a shit OOC schedule.
IIRC, it was Washington's OOC schedule they were blasted about last year instead of their conference schedule. Similar to Baylor in 2014. Only difference was Petersen didn't pop off like big mouth Briles did regarding their crappy OOC schedule. Briles basically said we'll continue to schedule creampuffs OOC. However, he's gone and Baylor's has gotten a little better...Liberty, UTSA and @ Duke.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just posting pure facts and people can take from it what they like, but if anything it could be construed as more of a defense for the SEC since 30% of the SEC is playing ten P5 opponents rather than everyone assuming that they all are only playing 9.
The problem is I don't think most people are discussing P5 scheduling. As opposed to conference scheduling.Which has a direct effect on conference losses. Which holds an impact in several areas

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, it was Washington's OOC schedule they were blasted about last year instead of their conference schedule. Similar to Baylor in 2014. Only difference was Petersen didn't pop off like big mouth Briles did regarding their crappy OOC schedule. Briles basically said we'll continue to schedule creampuffs OOC. However, he's gone and Baylor's has gotten a little better...Liberty, UTSA and @ Duke.

Alabama has Duke for it's OOC in like 2019.

I really hope we find someone else.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242 did not say 14 SEC teams would lose. What he said was half of the games played by playing a conference games. Would equate to losses. And that one loss holds a direct impact on both the conference and over all standings and even things like bowl eligibility . Which is a big differential from tagging on a win against and FCS team in place of that loss. There's a reason certain conferences utilize a meaningless game over conference game. This is really simple math and logic

I did the math.

But all you want to do is ignore it and cry.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida - Michigan (N) and FSU
Georgia - @GT and @Notre Dame
Kentucky - Louisville
Missouri - Purdue (and @UConn but not P5)
South Carolina - NC State (N but in North Carolina) and Clemson
Tennessee - Georgia Tech (N)
Vanderbilt - Kansas State (@ Fuck Middle Tennessee State)

Alabama - Florida State (N)
Arkansas - TCU
Auburn - @Clemson
LSU - BYU (N) and Syracuse
Miss State - BYU
Ole Miss - @cal
aTm - @UCLA

So we have 5 teams playing a road non conference game (no I'm not counting FMTS) one of the teams is playing two. We have five neutral site games with one of the games being played in the other teams home state. So we are missing two true road games for the whole conference to be a 50-50 split for home and homes.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the math.

But all you want to do is ignore it and cry.
You did your math it's fun to skew numbers off topic I guess. Or fall back to "crying" when facts are presented. I'll work on a cupcake chart in a bit to help ya out :suds:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't arguing. I think having an OOC rival is what makes those extra P5 games possible. It would be nice to see more of them established.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky - Louisville
Tennessee - Georgia Tech

Alabama - Florida State
Arkansas - TCU
Auburn - Clemson
LSU - BYU and Syracuse
Miss State - BYU
Ole Miss - Cal
aTm - UCLA

A tip of the hat to LSU, Georgia, Florida and South Carolina for their 2017 OOC schedule.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did your math it's fun to skew numbers off topic I guess. Or fall back to "crying" when facts are presented. I'll work on a cupcake chart in a bit to help ya out :suds:

So now all SoS metrics are skewed against the Pac12?

:lol:

Here is the reality - I don't need to skew any numbers. As I already pointed out, this doesn't affect Alabama's chances at all.

And if I wanted, I could just say "Alabama is in favor of 9 game conference schedules" and be done with it. But the reality is, I think 9 game conference schedules are terrible and it has nothing to do with Alabama.

All you do is prove you are just here to whine because it's Alabama and Alabama slapped your team around like a bunch of highschool kids.