• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you done crying or do you need a gif. I get it you like manipulating numbers and deflecting. Much easier than facing facts. You will get your chart later. In the meantime you still haven't been able to disputes the facts. They're black and white

Facts?

Ok sure.

# of Pac12 players who have been alive long enough to see a Pac12 team win a legit national championship?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# of years since the Pac12 won a legit national championship that wasn't shared?

45 Years - 1972

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has Duke for it's OOC in like 2019.

I really hope we find someone else.
I get it, but Duke is a huge step up for Baylor's OOC. They've been the absolute poster child for cream puff OOC scheduling.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts?

Ok sure.

# of Pac12 players who have been alive long enough to see a Pac12 team win a legit national championship?

Like I said absolutely nothing to do. With the dynamics of subtracting a loss from conference. By substituting an FCS win. When facts and data are in their simplest form. They are much more viable

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The math is 4 national titles to none...lol, and we're the ones crying, lol.
You know damn well Bama would have won those 4 national titles whether they were playing 8, 9 or even 10 conference games. They were just the best team those years.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has Texas at home this season and Notre Dame at Notre Dame. Next season USC goes to Austin . if you tgink thats the same as playing Chattanooga or\and Mercer at home both seasons then youve obviously never traveled to see your team to watch them play in someones OCC backyard.

Try to be honest with yourself when answering:

Which schedule is likely to leave USC at 2-0

A
Florida St/Mercer or Notre Dame/Texas?

B
Fresno St/Colorado St or Western Michigan/Arizona?

C
Vanderbilt/Ole Miss or Oregon St/Cal?

D
Texas A&M/Arkansas or Wash St/Utah?

E
Tenn/Miss St or Arizona St/Colorado LOL?

F
Auburn/LSU or UCLA/Stanford

A is a toss-up, you are more likely to lose to FSU as a consensus pre-season top 3, but you could potentially lose to Notre Dame and Texas since they are both pre-season ranked, in which case we will all laugh at you.

B Does it matter...I'll give you this one, but there are no world beaters here

C Vanderbilt sucks...but they haven't lost to two FCS teams in the last 5 years and even with the cloud, Ole Miss is >>>>>>>>>>than Cal ever thought of being

D This is the biggest crap shoot. The season would have to be over to decide which of these is better.

E Really? Oh, but Colorado was...fuck you, Colorado and ASU both suck. Tennessee has not been great of late, but they would blow their brains out if they ever got to Colorado/ASU level.

F LOL, even with you on double secret probation UCLA couldn't climb out of the shadow, and haven't contended for a PAC title in the since pre-BCS. Plus they don't have Auburn's magic feather crammed up their ass. Stanford has been decent of late, but they are certainly no LSU.

Sorry, if my goal was to reach the NC, I would take your schedule over ours every time.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I literally LOL'd while reading this. It's been awhile since I've seen statistics so poorly interpreted.

Here is a gem:

Overall, the Sun Belt members combined to enjoy the biggest average home field advantage at 26%. Among the Power conferences the top dog is the SEC (21.7%), followed by the Pac-12 (20.9%) and the Big 12 (19.6%).

LOL, of course the sun belt does better at home...they are everyone's homecoming team on the road, at least at home they get to play someone they have a legit chance of beating i.e. another sun belt team or FCS.

Opposite for the SEC, Pac-12 and Big 12 numbers.

She might as well said water is wet.

I had to look the author up...she writes for Bleacher Report...and blogs. I'm guessing communications major not any hard sciences.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know damn well Bama would have won those 4 national titles whether they were playing 8, 9 or even 10 conference games. They were just the best team those years.
Not necessarily true. During the BCS era. Oklahoma State and Bama were a minuscule number away in the final BCS rankings. It came down to the rankings and coaches poll. If the SEC played a 9 game schedule. The conference losses drop SOS and director efrect the rankings. Not to mention the risk of a Bama loss by playing a higher quality opponent. Conference games are much more unpredictable. And they make rivalry games more taxing without that extra bye.Between the combination. It's very likely there is no rematch game. This is one example of the impact that extra conference game holds. As opposed to padding wins through a late FCS game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKR
Instead of just saying "hey it works for us" they go on and on trying to defend it and playing make believe it doesn't affect anything.
That's what doesn't make sense. It's not a tactic I agree with. I would prefer a 9 game level playing field. That gives us a clear look at actual teams, rankings and conference strength But why try so hard to deny it. Instead of saying works for us :L

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily true. During the BCS era. Oklahoma State and Bama were a minuscule number away in the final BCS rankings. It came down to the rankings and coaches poll. If the SEC played a 9 game schedule. The conference losses drop SOS and director efrect the rankings. Not to mention the risk of a Bama loss by playing a higher quality opponent. Conference games are much more unpredictable. And they make rivalry games more taxing without that extra bye.Between the combination. It's very likely there is no rematch game. This is one example of the impact that extra conference game holds. As opposed to padding wins through a late FCS game.
My bad. Even I have to admit it wasn't clear cut that year. Their "mulligan" year they may not have gotten in had their been an additional conference game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or we could have had an opportunity to overtake LSU due to a conference loss, beat the tar out of Georgia in our other conference game and clubbed Oklahoma St like a baby seal in the National Championship game...as long as we are playing fantasy land.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="TheRobotDevil, post: 10132511, member: 566"Like I said absolutely nothing to do. With the dynamics of subtracting a loss from conference. By substituting an FCS win. When facts and data are in their simplest form. They are much more viable[/QUOTE]

That works unless you have Oregon State and Washington State in your conference...then scheduling those FCS teams looks like the dice roll from hell. At least the Cougs didn't go full Beav and lose the squeakers. Those two are a couple of plays away from having 30% of the FCS wins over FBS opponents this decade.

The only reason they are not embarrassing on a Florida/Georgia Southern or Michigan/Appy State level is because they are Oregon State and Washington State. At least Vandy has the decency to only Vandy against FBS teams.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, you do understand that all 14 SEC teams can't lose when they play each other right? One SEC team actually does win.
It's basic math. The more conference games a conference has means the more games that conference will lose which makes it harder to get more teams from said conference bowl eligible.

LSU vs Georgia <--- one of those teams is going to lose. That's a cross division game. Less cross division games = less losses in said conference hence the reason the SEC avoids playing its own conference members.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could have had an opportunity to overtake LSU due to a conference loss, beat the tar out of Georgia in our other conference game and clubbed Oklahoma St like a baby seal in the National Championship game...as long as we are playing fantasy land.
Or you may have lost to Auburn to finish the year. Rivalry games aren't as easy without an FCS bye the week before. But again you're missing the topic. By playing a 9 game schedule that equates to guaranteed conference losses.Rather than padded wins.Which in turn effects everything from conference rankings to overall rankings within the polls. Which drops SOS. It wouldn't really matter what Bama did because they lost to LSU. What would effect them is the rest of the SEC teams ranking lower due to the conference losses. Which in most likelihood sets them out of the picture that year. Avoiding a 9 game conference schedule for the FCS bye. Is number shift to gain an edge.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I't's basic fvking math. Anyone that passed the 4th grade can figure it out. There's a reason the SEC avoids playing its own conference members.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="TheRobotDevil, post: 10132511, member: 566"Like I said absolutely nothing to do. With the dynamics of subtracting a loss from conference. By substituting an FCS win. When facts and data are in their simplest form. They are much more viable

That works unless you have Oregon State and Washington State in your conference...then scheduling those FCS teams looks like the dice roll from hell. At least the Cougs didn't go full Beav and lose the squeakers. Those two are a couple of plays away from having 30% of the FCS wins over FBS opponents this decade.

The only reason they are not embarrassing on a Florida/Georgia Southern or Michigan/Appy State level is because they are Oregon State and Washington State. At least Vandy has the decency to only Vandy against FBS teams.[/QUOTE]
Again replace a conference game in the OAC and the numbers paint a picture of a stronger conference. You're comparing teams. When the comparison is in the tactics used by conference. Which makes these stances invalid. It's all about the loss distribution in conferences. That take an easy win. To avoid conference losses. Simple math

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# of years since the Pac12 won a legit national championship that wasn't shared?

45 Years - 1972
Do one for Michigan.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I't's basic fvking math. Anyone that passed the 4th grade can figure it out. There's a reason the SEC avoids playing its own conference members.

All games since 2010:

Arizona 31 Grambling St 21
Arizona St 35 Cal Poly 21
Cal 50 Southern Utah 31
Cal 37 Portland St 30
Colorado 38 Central Arkansas 24
Colorado 28 Sacramento St 30
Oregon St 28 Sacramento St 29
Oregon St 46 Eastern Washington 49
Oregon St 29 Portland St 14
Washington St 17 Portland St 24
Washington St 24 Eastern Washington 20
Washington St 23 Montana St 22

4 losses and 3 wins by a touchdown or less

Holy Shit...No wonder you guys want to play a 9 game schedule against each other...the bottom half of your league can hardly keep it together against FCS teams...not to mention their shittier performance against G5 opponents.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basic math. The more conference games a conference has means the more games that conference will lose which makes it harder to get more teams from said conference bowl eligible.

LSU vs Georgia <--- one of those teams is going to lose. That's a cross division game. Less cross division games = less losses in said conference hence the reason the SEC avoids playing its own conference members.

I did the basic math.

Funny enough, not a single one of you butthurt Pac12 fans had a single thing to say about it.