• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now all SoS metrics are skewed against the Pac12?

:lol:

Here is the reality - I don't need to skew any numbers. As I already pointed out, this doesn't affect Alabama's chances at all.

And if I wanted, I could just say "Alabama is in favor of 9 game conference schedules" and be done with it. But the reality is, I think 9 game conference schedules are terrible and it has nothing to do with Alabama.

All you do is prove you are just here to whine because it's Alabama and Alabama slapped your team around like a bunch of highschool kids.
Yet you're ignoring the facts. That it equates to conference losses. I'll work on that chart when I can. So you can further understand the dynamics when I have time :dhd:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't arguing. I think having an OOC rival is what makes those extra P5 games possible. It would be nice to see more of them established.
I think the big issue is you have three conferences with 9 conference games and virtually everyone schedules two chump games. Not everyone is going to want to play all of their out of conference games in the South East. It's tough for the SEC and the ACC to schedule two P5 with such limited options. Notre Dame makes the ACC a lot easier for scheduling non con P5.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is simple math. Let's try this in reverse like the SEC does.Subtract a conference game and add a win to the PAC standings. By avoiding the conference loss all the PAC teams. Have the appearance they are better. As well as gaining more teams that are bowl eligible. Its really simple shifting numbers and gimmick scheduling

24-7 and 52-6 says it's a lot more than the appearance of being better.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've done the math.lol. Half the conference gets one more win. Yeah that's just 3%. lol

Whats the math on Bama playing Georgia only 2 times since 2008 ? What's the math on playing Chattanooga more than a conference foe in nine years? Whats the math on playing Mercer, Southern Carolina , UAB the same amount of times as a conference foe in nine years?

The math is 4 national titles to none...lol, and we're the ones crying, lol.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac fans dumb things down so the southerners can understand our logic.

The PAC has one non-tainted national championship in a quarter of a century, and we're the dumb ones...spin it any way you want, y'all could play a 7 game conference schedule, replace both with FCS games and the result would be you still suck.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242
What do you think is more important, finding the top four teams to play in the playoffs or finding out who the top team in a conference is? Playing more conference games may give you a better idea who the best team in the conference is but that is assuming the divisions are balanced. Alabama playing extra games against the SEC East is not going to help us see if they are better than (insert random team in other conference). To determine the best teams in the country we need more not less QUALITY non-conference games. By reducing the pool of games to look at, it makes it more difficult to determine that. Now Alabama (and neither does most of college football) does not play two P5 non conference games so they are not helping us figure that out, but it's hard to argue with the results that they have shown. But determining who's better between number 4 and number 5 in the country we need more points of data. At this point I don't care where the game is played.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has Duke for it's OOC in like 2019.

I really hope we find someone else.

I know, at least when we played them in 2010 we played Penn St too. Not sure how we do that in 2019 when we have two others already scheduled and Duke? is the kickoff classic game...who did Cutcliffe blow? I know he is an alumn and all, but we already scheduled an away game for him.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find out how many SEC teams play road (not neutral) OCC games. It's pretty pathetic.

If my team got their ass beat 52-6 in a neutral site game I would think they were the devil too.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242
What do you think is more important, finding the top four teams to play in the playoffs or finding out who the top team in a conference is? Playing more conference games may give you a better idea who the best team in the conference is but that is assuming the divisions are balanced. Alabama playing extra games against the SEC East is not going to help us see if they are better than (insert random team in other conference). To determine the best teams in the country we need more not less QUALITY non-conference games. By reducing the pool of games to look at, it makes it more difficult to determine that. Now Alabama (and neither does most of college football) does not play two P5 non conference games so they are not helping us figure that out, but it's hard to argue with the results that they have shown. But determining who's better between number 4 and number 5 in the country we need more points of data. At this point I don't care where the game is played.
USC has Texas at home this season and Notre Dame at Notre Dame. Next season USC goes to Austin . if you tgink thats the same as playing Chattanooga or\and Mercer at home both seasons then youve obviously never traveled to see your team to watch them play in someones OCC backyard.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has Texas at home this season and Notre Dame at Notre Dame. Next season USC goes to Austin . if you tgink thats the same as playing Chattanooga or\and Mercer at home both seasons then youve obviously never traveled to see your team to watch them play in someones OCC backyard.
When did I say they were the same thing? I'm saying we need more QUALITY non conference games so we can determine who the top four teams are. If you think Alabama playing at Kentucky is the same as USC playing at Notre Dame you are crazy. Playing 9 conference games doesn't change anything. And as I told you before PLAYING CHATTANOOGA OR MERCER IS NOT PREVENTING A QUALITY GAME SO STOP BRINGING IT UP. Every other team in the country , INCLUDING USC, seems to be able to play a chump team out of conference but in your opinion Alabama should only play P5 and/or NFL teams in their non-conference schedule? Your problem should be worth the extra sunbelt team they play, not the FCS team.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big issue is you have three conferences with 9 conference games and virtually everyone schedules two chump games. Not everyone is going to want to play all of their out of conference games in the South East. It's tough for the SEC and the ACC to schedule two P5 with such limited options. Notre Dame makes the ACC a lot easier for scheduling non con P5.
Scheduling Notre Dame makes getting to a bowl game easier too. :dhd:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, at least when we played them in 2010 we played Penn St too. Not sure how we do that in 2019 when we have two others already scheduled and Duke? is the kickoff classic game...who did Cutcliffe blow? I know he is an alumn and all, but we already scheduled an away game for him.

Yep, it's the kickoff classic. I really hope they find someone else because Duke is extremely underwhelming.

The last time I looked, the only OOC spot we had left open was for a typical FCS team. So I think we are fucked for schedule that year.

Maybe it is somekind of payback for when we played Duke, but I don't know what for. They did cancel a game for us that year, but we played them @ Duke without a return game.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheduling Notre Dame makes getting to a bowl game easier too. :dhd:
Don't make me smack the taste out of your mouth, they are totally quality
And accounts for a third of the Spartans wins last year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if we use the label "P5" it doesn't always mean the same thing. Duke being our "P5" team in 2019 for example is just plain terrible.

And if it was an every year thing and we scheduled another P5 on top of it, like say "FSU", we'll still be hearing people cry about it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you're ignoring the facts. That it equates to conference losses. I'll work on that chart when I can. So you can further understand the dynamics when I have time :dhd:

I directly included that in my math.

Keep crying.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we use the label "P5" it doesn't always mean the same thing. Duke being our "P5" team in 2019 for example is just plain terrible.

And if it was an every year thing and we scheduled another P5 on top of it, like say "FSU", we'll still be hearing people cry about it.
People are always going to cry about something. I would prefer a Duke and a Wisconsin (upper to middle program) over App State and FSU. I agree that P5 is a horrible bar to use but it is better than nothing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I directly included that in my math.

Keep crying.
Are you done crying or do you need a gif. I get it you like manipulating numbers and deflecting. Much easier than facing facts. You will get your chart later. In the meantime you still haven't been able to disputes the facts. They're black and white

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are always going to cry about something. I would prefer a Duke and a Wisconsin (upper to middle program) over App State and FSU. I agree that P5 is a horrible bar to use but it is better than nothing.

2 seperate conference P5 games would be ideal.