• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want an actual look and break down of Alabama and Saban?

Alabama only plays 1 tough OOC game a year.It is the opening game of the season as well as a neutral site game.Which gives him the entire off season to prepare.As well as removing home field advantages and travel.That play a role in home and homes

Saban also requires a bye week before the LSU rivalry game every season.

And an FCS team before the Auburn rivalry game every season.Basically another Bye week

The only time he won a national championship in the Play Off era.Was when Alabama drew an injury depleted Michigan State team.That played a much more taxing conference schedule.And was arguably in the play offs due to a fluke play.

Without these aspects he has been shown to struggle

With that said Saban only seems to have success.When he is benefitting from human rankings and polls.As well as requiring time to prepare for what would be legitimate games. If he did not need to manipulate the system to allow time to prepare and water down the importance of those games and rankings.By working the SEC system.

So in reality.is this why Saban was unable to have success outside the SEC? Does anyone realistically believe he could compete in one of the many conferences that play much more taxing schedules. Especially late in November..Is Saban the elite coach he claims to be.Or is he merely a product of the SEC system.

I honestly don't know if he can handle an actual 9 game conference schedule tbh

I think the fact that Alabama gets the number one class for about seven years running would still put them at or near the top no matter who they play. They don;t need an advantage.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that Alabama gets the number one class for about seven years running would still put them at or near the top no matter who they play. They don;t need an advantage.
But at the same time aside from brand name.Success also plays a role in recruiting.Which goes back to the success rate.Under a manipulated system.Everything is interlocked

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. See thats the difference in our perspectives. I've gone to 2003 USC Oklahoma, the USC Ohio State game, the USC Texas game , USC at Auburn ,been to USC at Notre dame a bunch of times and plenty of USC Rose Bowls and many others. You watch every game at home . The USC Bama game started three days before for me ,meeting up with old Marine friends . The day before , the meeting up with all the fans at the park in dallas, the food, the drinks that night , bar hopping with the USC fans. My friend lost our tickets the day before and we had to buy another set which sucked. Would I have liked it more if they won or been more competitive? Yeah no doubt. The was little doubt Alabama was better hence the rankings before the game but we all went anyway because its about the event. For you it was a 3hour investment in a team that you follow from your couch. Even with the loss I have good memories from that trip. On a pure quality of experience I got much more than you get from any of your wins. You can argue it all you want but its like telling me I only fucked a 6 when all you do is jack off to playboy.

tl;dr

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want an actual look and break down of Alabama and Saban?

Alabama only plays 1 tough OOC game a year.It is the opening game of the season as well as a neutral site game.Which gives him the entire off season to prepare.As well as removing home field advantages and travel.That play a role in home and homes

Saban also requires a bye week before the LSU rivalry game every season.

And an FCS team before the Auburn rivalry game every season.Basically another Bye week

The only time he won a national championship in the Play Off era.Was when Alabama drew an injury depleted Michigan State team.That played a much more taxing conference schedule.And was arguably in the play offs due to a fluke play.

Without these aspects he has been shown to struggle

With that said Saban only seems to have success.When he is benefitting from human rankings and polls.As well as requiring time to prepare for what would be legitimate games. If he did not need to manipulate the system to allow time to prepare and water down the importance of those games and rankings.By working the SEC system.

So in reality.is this why Saban was unable to have success outside the SEC? Does anyone realistically believe he could compete in one of the many conferences that play much more taxing schedules. Especially late in November..Is Saban the elite coach he claims to be.Or is he merely a product of the SEC system.

I honestly don't know if he can handle an actual 9 game conference schedule tbh

So...just like USC minus the 4 national championships...and the pretending that Notre Dame = LSU...and the pretending that Michigan Tech and Utah St aren't cupcakes because they aren't FBS...and the 3 playoff appearances and the preaseason #1 rankings when your team is really a 7-6 club, and the 7 #1 recruiting classes in a row....

USC gets all the advantages that Alabama gets...just does less with them...consistently.

The problem with USC is that they COULD be everything Alabama is...but they aren't. They are the little bitches that got beat down 52-6 and then TALK about how things would have been so much different in a rematch.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...just like USC minus the 4 national championships...and the pretending that Notre Dame = LSU...and the pretending that Michigan Tech and Utah St aren't cupcakes because they aren't FBS...and the 3 playoff appearances and the preaseason #1 rankings when your team is really a 7-6 club, and the 7 #1 recruiting classes in a row....

USC gets all the advantages that Alabama gets...just does less with them...consistently.

The problem with USC is that they COULD be everything Alabama is...but they aren't. They are the little bitches that got beat down 52-6 and then TALK about how things would have been so much different in a rematch.
Notes dame is not FCS. And SC plays their rivalry games back to back every other year. I'm sorry but there is a massive difference. And it doesn't change the format. It's really nothing against Bama or saban. I do give them credit for working loopholes in the system and making it look good. But I would have more respect for them. If they an OOC game home and home. Or past the first game. And drop the November cupcake that is used as a bye before a rivalry game. In the end a conference opponent is far from sneaking an FCS team in. From being a stronger opponent down to its effects on conference and over all rankings. Nice strategy but I just can't buy into it

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes dame is not FCS. And SC plays their rivalry games back to back every other year. I'm sorry but there is a massive difference. And it doesn't change the format. It's really nothing against Bama or saban. I do give them credit for working loopholes in the system and making it look good. But I would have more respect for them. If they an OOC game home and home. Or past the first game. And drop the November cupcake that is used as a bye before a rivalry game. In the end a conference opponent is far from sneaking an FCS team in. From being a stronger opponent down to its effects on conference and over all rankings. Nice strategy but I just can't buy into it

But you do buy into pretending that Notre Dame is some equivalent to the teams we have played OOC to begin the year and you do buy in to pretending that Utah St and Michigan Western or whoever the fuck you are playing this year are not cupcakes because USC never plays FCS teams. Y'all have been propping up shitty Notre Dame teams for decades.

Who needs a bye week before playing UCLA? There are sophomores at UCLA that weren't alive the last time UCLA won a conference title let alone something more meaningful. All of our rivals have National Championships during that same span. As for Notre Dame, thanks for 2012, PAC-12 teams gave us a bye week and a trophy in January.

Face it, the only time the PAC has not been a one horse race is when USC has sucked because they were on probation...or just sucked.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do buy into pretending that Notre Dame is some equivalent to the teams we have played OOC to begin the year and you do buy in to pretending that Utah St and Michigan Western or whoever the fuck you are playing this year are not cupcakes because USC never plays FCS teams. Y'all have been propping up shitty Notre Dame teams for decades.

Who needs a bye week before playing UCLA? There are sophomores at UCLA that weren't alive the last time UCLA won a conference title let alone something more meaningful. All of our rivals have National Championships during that same span. As for Notre Dame, thanks for 2012, PAC-12 teams gave us a bye week and a trophy in January.

Face it, the only time the PAC has not been a one horse race is when USC has sucked because they were on probation...or just sucked.
All teams have off years.But there is a major differential in a rivalry or conference game.As opposed to an FCS game before a rivalry.We all know its really just an extra bye week before a rival.In the end as you see in the break down.That Alabama schedule is really just an illusion.I'll take USC taking the tough road any day. Or one of many other teams in other conferences that do. Like I said its a great strategy. But I just don't buy it

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams have off years.But there is a major differential in a rivalry or conference game.As opposed to an FCS game before a rivalry.We all know its really just an extra bye week before a rival.In the end as you see in the break down.That Alabama schedule is really just an illusion.I'll take USC taking the tough road any day. Or one of many other teams in other conferences that do. Like I said its a great strategy. But I just don't buy it

Off years??? UCLA hasn't had an ON year in decades. Same for Notre Dame. If those are your biggest rivals perhaps that's all that needs to be said about USC football.
IG6Utx.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off years??? UCLA hasn't had an ON year in decades. Same for Notre Dame. If those are your biggest rivals perhaps that's all that needs to be said about USC football.
IG6Utx.gif
And still UCLA is not UT Chattanooga. FCS in November is as low as expectations get imo. You can shift the goal posts but it is what it is.And my breakdown is spot on. Also goes much further than SC.We have Ohio State and Oklahoma playing home and homes last season and this season.Not the first game.And playing a conference schedule without a cup cake bye week. And thats not even delving into the SEC and over all rankings and how they would shift.Should they man up and drop the late season FCS.No matter how you look at it. Using an FCS team as a bye is well using and FCS team as a bye.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still UCLA is not UT Chattanooga. FCS in November is as low as expectations get imo. You can shift the goal posts but it is what it is.And my breakdown is spot on. Also goes much further than SC.We have Ohio State and Oklahoma playing home and homes last season and this season.Not the first game.And playing a conference schedule without a cup cake bye week. And thats not even delving into the SEC and over all rankings and how they would shift.Should they man up and drop the late season FCS.No matter how you look at it. Using an FCS team as a bye is well using and FCS team as a bye.

Easy win is easy win.

Kind of like USC last year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy win is easy win.

Kind of like USC last year.
Yeah its easy to shift a topic when you don't like it.That fits the section of first game of the season.Great coach when he has time to prep. If he is in any other conference he's meh. And that still doesn't change the facts. In truth I believe you actually know. That playing a 9 game schedule doesn't just effect the quality of competition.But both the conference standings and over all rankings. Its common logic. Replacing an automatic win.And redistributing it with a conference game.Equals more conference losses. It is a genius illusion but nothing more than that. To say otherwise would be either complete homer or lack any logic

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its easy to shift a topic when you don't like it.That fits the section of first game of the season.Great coach when he has time to prep. If he is in any other conference he's meh. And that still doesn't change the facts. In truth I believe you actually know. That playing a 9 game schedule doesn't just effect the quality of competition.But both the conference standings and over all rankings. Its common logic. Replacing an automatic win.And redistributing it with a conference game.Equals more conference losses. It is a genius illusion but nothing more than that. To say otherwise would be either complete homer or lack any logic

I don't mind you crying about Alabama playing a FCS game.

As I said on page 1, Alabama has made the playoffs every year we've had them so far despite playing FCS games. And if Alabama takes care of business again this year, then they'll be in the playoffs again this year.

The fact of the matter is, the only thing you butthurt Pac12 fans can do about it is cry. Literally.

As such, I'm just going to laugh at you guys and remind you of how bad your team was last year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said on page 1, Alabama has made the playoffs every year we've had them so far despite playing FCS games. And if Alabama takes care of business again this year, then they'll be in the playoffs again this year.

The fact of the matter is, the only thing you butthurt Pac12 fans can do about it is cry. Literally.

As such, I'm just going to laugh at you guys and remind you of how bad your team was last year.
I stopped reading after crying. TBH the deflections bore me. And in the end don't change facts. Which I have already laid out. If your good with skewing numbers or illusions. That's your preference. I prefer stronger competition. An not utilizing FCS teams as a win to avoid conference losses and actual conference strength. It's like the gimmick scheduling version of oregons offense imo

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after crying. TBH the deflections bore me. And in the end don't change facts. Which I have already laid out. If your good with skewing numbers or illusions. That's your preference. I prefer stronger competition. An not utilizing FCS teams as a win to avoid conference losses. It's like the gimmick scheduling version of oregons offense imo

Good luck on your crusade. Let me know when you figure out you just wasted a bunch of time and spent part of your life being a whiny bitch.

fgwv.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck on your crusade. Let me know when you figure out you just wasted a bunch of time and spent part of your life being a whiny bitch.

fgwv.gif
I'll just leave you some tissues seems you need them :dhd: Can't say I blame you for being upset and deflecting . The facts are indisputable

fgwv.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So bad by the end of the year it ranked higher than 13 SEC teams and thats fact. So playing FCS cupcakes only worked for Alabama not the rest of the hangers on in the SEC. And thats the fact Jack.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bad by the end of the year it ranked higher than 13 SEC teams and thats fact.
Idk he either doesn't seem to grasp the dynamics.Of what happens when you replace an FCS game with the extra conference game.Or just cant dispute it. Common sense dictates an extra conference game equates to more losses within conference.And give a much clearer picture of conference strength as well as rankings. Remove that November FCS win from the SEC teams that play them.And you may be surprised how much it shifts.You would see an opposite shift by removing a conference game and adding an FCS win to other conferences. Like I said great strategy manipulating schedules.But I'm not impressed. This is why the arguments that say otherwise claiming conference strengths or comparing teams are really just invalid.The SEC scheduling skews everything by it's nature

Oops almost forgot stop crying :dhd:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you play teams that are more talented consistently than said mid majors doesn't mean you can get more info out of the said mid majors then the talented or at the very least P5 (more talented) teams your are replacing them with.

There is way more to play for. Playing a conference game counts against your conference record and thus does affect your team because it could keep them from making the conference championship and playoff. Playing a mid major doesn't affect that.

How again do you get more info from playing a mid major then a conference foe?

:dingdingding:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after crying. TBH the deflections bore me. And in the end don't change facts. Which I have already laid out. If your good with skewing numbers or illusions. That's your preference. I prefer stronger competition. An not utilizing FCS teams as a win to avoid conference losses and actual conference strength. It's like the gimmick scheduling version of oregons offense imo

And yet...it wasn't Alabama that was being talked about being left out of the playoffs because of their schedule...I believe it was Washington...despite playing 9 game conference schedule....how is this possible. I guess a 9 game PAC-12 schedule can't make up for playing a shit OOC schedule.