• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramirez just turned 31. So hes officially on the wrong side of 30. And while hes still very good and any team would take him. Hes also been declining overall.

And you cant use "bad year" for players like Gimenez because he hasnt proven shit. Ive already told you this he had an insane year last year but look at his current career that was actually the blatant outlier to this point.

And the Twins and Guardians pitching "depth" and options with FA is much closer than their lineups. Thats the Guardians issue they cannot hit. And they wont spend enough to add on lilke the Tigers and Twins will.

And you are already considerably worse
Gimenez is probably the best defensive 2nd basemen in baseball- and is gonna finish with something around 15 homers and 30 steals. Like I said- there is a lot of value in that- in what is definitely a down year from last year. I expect next year to be something in between last year when he finished 6th in the AL MVP race- and this year where he was just solid- but still one of the better second basemen in the AL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August first huh? Damn dude, you and the hyperbole are the closest of friends.
well that is when they traded away a bunch of guys- including Civale who was pitching great and left them without a 5th guy in the rotation- for a minor leaguer (who albeit does look talented) who did not play.

obviously when they got rid of Rosario, Bell, Civale, they were throwing up the white flag- but the Twins not playing very well kept them in it for a while afterwards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have come to realize that with wiggyruss.....if it's a guardian, the guy is showing his potential, if it's another teams players the guy had an outlier year and we should expect a return to form.
I mean some of it is just going on expectations

for instance- Jeffers looked like a fine backup catcher in the first 3 years- 550 at bats of his career- this year at age 26- he has a 2.7 WAR in 260 at bats- according to ESPN which is more than his previous years combined- and higher than Naylor.

If I were going to Vegas and laying down money- would you bet Jeffers has a better year than Naylor next year? I wouldnt be stone cold certain- but I would certainly bet on Naylor due to pedigree, what he has shown in his rookie year etc.

Like I think Kiriloff is really good- but he has never done anything like Josh Naylor has done this year- put up real production and stay relatively healthy--- now- going to Vegas next year- it would be a lot tougher for me to pick either one of those guys than Jeffers vs. Bo Naylor- since I kind of believe in both of them.

When I look at Ryan and Ober- I would def. take Ryan --- I think he is way more talented- but something there worries me- I think Ober has a higher floor while Ryan has a higher ceiling---- If Ober is a 5 and fly guy with a mid 3 ERA there are a lot of teams that would take him in an instant--- but I would rather have Ryan and his ceiling and see if he can put it together- but at some point -after some time in the majors - ya just gotta do it.

Pablo Lopez has WAAAAY better stuff than Bieber had last year- but Bieber knows his craft and knows how to pitch and is just more effective when healthy. At some point if Pablo is going to be looked at as an ace level pitcher- he has to put in that full year of a top ERA and be the leader of the team--- and without Gray there is going to be some big time pressure on him to perform- maybe that is a good thing- maybe not.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bieber last year - with an obvious decline in stuff- still had a 2.88 ERA in 200 innings, 198 K's- and a 1.04 WHIP- there is no doubt in my mind Lopez's stuff this year is better than Bieber's stuff last year. No doubt- but for some reason its tough for Lopez to put it together. Its been that way most of his career.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Opening Day last year, I would’ve told you I felt the White Sox would own this division for a few years.

Things change quickly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Opening Day last year, I would’ve told you I felt the White Sox would own this division for a few years.

Things change quickly.
very true. Roberts is of course a star- but Eloy looked like a star. Koepech and Crochet looked like real talented starters. Giolito was coming around as a very good pitcher. Tim Anderson looked like a quasi-all star. Vaughn was hyped....etc......

That team just had bad managers, bad management- no morale. I bet if Francona managed that team it wouldve been much better.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true. Roberts is of course a star- but Eloy looked like a star. Koepech and Crochet looked like real talented starters. Giolito was coming around as a very good pitcher. Tim Anderson looked like a quasi-all star. Vaughn was hyped....etc......

That team just had bad managers, bad management- no morale. I bet if Francona managed that team it wouldve been much better.
Berger and Moncada too.

Jimenez is made out of popsicle sticks.

Cease might still have the best shot of anyone in the division to win a CYA.

But as a whole they’ve been so disappointing we almost forget they’re a disappointment.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimenez is probably the best defensive 2nd basemen in baseball- and is gonna finish with something around 15 homers and 30 steals. Like I said- there is a lot of value in that- in what is definitely a down year from last year. I expect next year to be something in between last year when he finished 6th in the AL MVP race- and this year where he was just solid- but still one of the better second basemen in the AL.
You know........I really tried with you. I did, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and truly tried. You are just one big retarded hyperbole machine.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jhoan Duran have to make the 9th so "interesting"? Congrats to the Twins on their win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know........I really tried with you. I did, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and truly tried. You are just one big retarded hyperbole machine.
hey if something was incorrect- please go ahead and say it instead of some generic remark - tell me one thing in that sentence that isnt true

1. Gimenez was 6th in the MVP voting last year
2. Indisputably- he is either the best- or one of the very best defensive 2nd basemen in baseball- he would be one of the better SS in baseball- let alone 2nd basemen.
3. How many 2nd basemen have been better than him this year in the AL? ESPN has him at a WAR of 5. Semien. Altuve since he has been back and healthy though he has missed a ton of games. Those are the only two you could make a slam dunk case for over him. You could argue a couple more but it is without a doubt an argument.

but- keep just spitting out generic nothing comments instead of actually addressing facts- it suits you.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hes an amazing defensive second baseman. No one will ever deny that.

The issue with the Guadians as a whole is not D. They are great. Kwan also elite.

They cannot hit though. As it stands they have to pray that Naylor, Valera and Manzardo all massively pan out immediately

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things change quickly.

Sox have always been pretty clearly overrated though. Its been a horribly constructed roster. And its been there issue for years. They havent developed shit.

People like Tim Anderson entering the year were being called the best hitter in the division. You cant be the best hitter if you have less power than me. Moncada has been a roller coaster his whole career.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy detroit has actually been a middling offensive team the last almost 2 months. like 18th in OPS.

Historically terrible the first few months

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy detroit has actually been a middling offensive team the last almost 2 months. like 18th in OPS.

Historically terrible the first few months

If Greene comes back healthy next year and stops hitting fucking grounders. They will have a really solid offensive base even ignoring any potential moves

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes an amazing defensive second baseman. No one will ever deny that.

The issue with the Guadians as a whole is not D. They are great. Kwan also elite.

They cannot hit though. As it stands they have to pray that Naylor, Valera and Manzardo all massively pan out immediately
DeLateuer is def. the best hitter out of all of them but I think he is at least 2 years away considering how they usually do things.

Naylor looks like he is going to be fine- he has power- and is the rare catcher who has speed- not really SB speed but he can actually run the bases. Manzardo is definitely important.

WE shall see how important VAlera is because I think they will get a RF in the offseason--- but its a risk if Valera is good and DeLateuer comes around quicker than people think.

I mean- Gimenez had some terrible stretches but has looked really good the last month- I hope that is how he will be more regularly- but like I said- in the end- roughly 15 homers and 30 steals is not bad for a second basemen- and I think he will improveo n that next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwan had some bad stretches too- but he is going to finish with about a .350 OBP and a 100 runs- considering that Rosario in the 2nd spot was terrible most of the year- that is not bad. Kwan is a pretty good leadoff guy. Plus he of course won a gold glove as a rookie.

They need power though- Straw is another gold glove guy- but at some point the offense is just too bad. Can they give STraw another year? I dont want them too- but they need a lot to happen in order for that ot be okay--- if they want Straw to be the CF'er again Manzardo better be good- they better find a RF- and Gimenez and Kwan better build off what they have done the last month or so and what they did their rookie years. You can put up with Straw being a black hole if those things happen.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers half game out

the championship is coming

Celebrate Mlb Postseason GIF by MLB

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mr.hockey4242 is Maeda pitching tomorrow? a lot of places say he is but others say he is not....I might pick him up if he is pitching against the A's. I picked up Ober hoping for a W.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mr.hockey4242 is Maeda pitching tomorrow? a lot of places say he is but others say he is not....I might pick him up if he is pitching against the A's. I picked up Ober hoping for a W.

Starters are Ober, Lopez, Gray this week.

Maeda is out of the pen. He will be used tomorrow or Wednesday almost certainly out of relief. Same with Paddack.

Paddack probably has priority out of pen cause he was going to pitch before the rain delay yesterday.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see what Paddack has. His history is pretty good.