• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins bullpen is going to be very high risk, high reward for October. Going to be interesting how everyone does in their roles.

First and foremost Duran and Jax have to be consistent.

But we are also likely to swap out all the year long, long relief trash with Stewart, Maeda, Varland, Paddack. Those four have the potential to make it a elite pen or also an epic bust counting on guys coming off injuries and 3 of which are starters. But they all have stuff and velo that plays.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins bullpen is going to be very high risk, high reward for October. Going to be interesting how everyone does in their roles.

First and foremost Duran and Jax have to be consistent.

But we are also likely to swap out all the year long, long relief trash with Stewart, Maeda, Varland, Paddack. Those four have the potential to make it a elite pen or also an epic bust counting on guys coming off injuries and 3 of which are starters. But they all have stuff and velo that plays.
you think Paddack goese multiple innings this week?

I am in a head to head fantasy league and could use some relief innings. You seemed to think it was a good bet he goes today.

Who is it likely the Twins play? Probably the first wild card which would be the Rays?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am in a head to head fantasy league and could use some relief innings. You seemed to think it was a good bet he goes today.

Who is it likely the Twins play? Probably the first wild card which would be the Rays?

It's the last wild card, the first two play each other, which will probably be the Rays and Jays. It's likely whoever doesn't win the West between Houston, Texas and Seattle (and one of them will likely miss out altogether).

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Paddack will definitely make multiple appearances. Like I said yesterday I think hes a near mortal lock to go tonight. Ober even if hes on usually only goes 5-6 innings anyways. So that leaves Paddack first out of the pen. Id be stunned if he doesnt pitch today. And now way he doesnt pitch another time or two the rest of the week.

Rays are the one team we cannot play. They will be the top WC. We play the 6 which is the Astros(just our luck). But Mariners are still just 1.5 back so if they win the last two vs Houston that opens things up for it to be Ms.

Astros are also 1.5 behind Toronto and 2.5 behind Texas. They have tiebreaker on Texas but not on Jays. So those gaps are basically the same.

Lot to be decided ha. Praying we avoid Houston though. Best scenarios would be Astros missing playoffs(duh) or getting the 5 seed over Toronto. Would mean we dont play them in potential ALDS as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Paddack will definitely make multiple appearances. Like I said yesterday I think hes a near mortal lock to go tonight. Ober even if hes on usually only goes 5-6 innings anyways. So that leaves Paddack first out of the pen. Id be stunned if he doesnt pitch today. And now way he doesnt pitch another time or two the rest of the week.

Rays are the one team we cannot play. They will be the top WC. We play the 6 which is the Astros(just our luck). But Mariners are still just 1.5 back so if they win the last two vs Houston that opens things up for it to be Ms.

Astros are also 1.5 behind Toronto and 2.5 behind Texas. They have tiebreaker on Texas but not on Jays. So those gaps are basically the same.

Lot to be decided ha. Praying we avoid Houston though. Best scenarios would be Astros missing playoffs(duh) or getting the 5 seed over Toronto. Would mean we dont play them in potential ALDS as well.
I dont think the Astros are as good as they used to be- I think its a team kind of on the decline. I know its a tough matchup but there really are not any great teams in the AL right now. Its pretty open.

The Orioles may get there next year- but def. still need better pitching. I think itll be pretty wide open in the AL for the next couple years.

The Yanks, Astros, Red Sox, - 3 teams that have had some dominant past teams all seem down to me.

I wonder who ends up with Soto- I think the Paders may trade him in the offseason since I think its almost assured he does not sign there. I wonder if the Yanks will sign him....maybe not since they still owe Stanton a ton of money and just paid Judge.

Where do you guys think Soto is playing next year, and the year after?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Astros are as good as they used to be- I think its a team kind of on the decline. I know its a tough matchup but there really are not any great teams in the AL right now. Its pretty open.

The Orioles may get there next year- but def. still need better pitching. I think itll be pretty wide open in the AL for the next couple years.

The Yanks, Astros, Red Sox, - 3 teams that have had some dominant past teams all seem down to me.

I wonder who ends up with Soto- I think the Paders may trade him in the offseason since I think its almost assured he does not sign there. I wonder if the Yanks will sign him....maybe not since they still owe Stanton a ton of money and just paid Judge.

Where do you guys think Soto is playing next year, and the year after?

Astros are not as good but they are for some reason really good on the road and experienced. Also Valdez in game 1 as a lefty is a bad match up for us. Careful what you wish for but I just think home series we match up better with Toronto and Seattle. Hell, Seattle cant even throw a lefty vs us.

Biggest thing, is hopefully regardless who we play the race goes down to the final day. We are setting up our rotation with Lopez and Gray going tomorrow. Teams like Houston and Seattle cant do that.

As for Soto I think they run it back. Hes traded at the deadline next year if things go South.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely the right move as far as 40 man roster space goes. But still funny that our sole trade deadline move was just cut for the guy who we thought would be back right around the deadline and act as a quasi 2nd addition.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mr.hockey4242 is Maeda pitching tomorrow? a lot of places say he is but others say he is not....I might pick him up if he is pitching against the A's. I picked up Ober hoping for a W.

Something disasterous will have to happen for you to not get that W

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good for Paddack.

Now meltdown

Not sure why they pushed him a second inning first outing back. His primal yell was one where he almost expected to only go 1 inning.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a meltdown. I agree that he should have pitched 1 inning, though. He was pitching to the scoreboard and getting his throwing in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That OPS was prior to the granny and triple we got today.

Hell of a turn around. Water finds its level

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francona's last day today

AT the firm today they let everyone where Guardians gear and gave everyone a tote bag with some peanuts, cracker jacks and one of those small bottles of Tito's vodka. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sad seeing Francona go. Such a class act. EAsily the best manager/coach that Cleveland has had in my lifetime. He is really everything good about the game.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito is a class act. He genuinely cares about his players and the rest of the staff.
Enjoy your retirement, Tito. Next stop, Cooperstown.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bieber finally looked healthy. I wonder if they keep him or deal him. I think they will keep him and deal him at the deadline is my guess unless they look like true World Series contenders and not JUST division contenders.

Tarik Skubal looks like a true ace in the making. Detroit all of a sudden has some pitching- there 2 young guys that have just come up look pretty decent- Olson and Gipson Long or whatever his name is. Mize will be back.

AL Central is def. on the way up. Guardians had the youngest team in baseball again this year and are definitely on the way up - Bo Naylor was really rough at the plate at first but has really come around and shown he is going to be one of the few good hitting catchers in baseball if you ask me. He still has a ways to go- but its clear to me he has power and can run the bases and there arent many guys like that at the catcher position.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito is a class act. He genuinely cares about his players and the rest of the staff.
Enjoy your retirement, Tito. Next stop, Cooperstown.
I wish he could continue but he really has so many health problems. An article I was readinig today said his circulation is so bad if he doesnt swim every morning he seizes up-- he has like 3 surgeries scheduled right when the season ends and has missed time the last few seasons.

I wish he could keep going but his body is in bad shape. HOpefully his first couple years of retirement allow him to get healthy. I know he is "only" 64 but I never see him coming back- just doesnt seem like that type of guy. I can def. see him consulting with the Guardians and doing some TV once he gets healthier.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brant Hurter apparently ended the year with a 32 inning scoreless streak. I hadn't really heard of him until late.

Jace Jung finished the year with 28 HRs between high A and AA. they could have a solid infield with Keith, himself and Tork if only they would invest in SS (argh)

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball America had him rated as the #26 prospect in the Tigers' system. He seems to have gotten some really good coaching this year and improved quite a bit. He's a big lefty that is now ranked as the #12 prospect by MLB.com.
Jung is a top 5 prospect in any system.
Can they wait for Kevin McGonigle (ranked #5 by MLB.com) to come up in a few years?